Good or bad window?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Satisfied with incomings and outgoings?

• Dissatisfied with incomings?

Votes: 90 53.6%
  • Dissatisfied with outgoings?

Votes: 67 39.9%
  • Don’t think we’ve been told what business has been done yet?

Votes: 55 32.7%

• Total voters
Shambles! Three loan signings and folk are creaming themselves and no doubt back the 10 bob Prince to the hilt again. Absolute joke.

We didn't offload any deadwood. We sold Ramsdale, sold Smith and sent Jebbo out on loan. We couldn't even send Burke out on loan and we're stuck with that muppet until at least January.

I still think play offs and promotion are dead in the water, but I'm more optimistic about avoiding relegation and finishing around 12th -14th after today.
Exactly same thoughts.I think we look stronger but not strong enough for promotion.

Am actually okay without signing any risky wingers from France or Spain. Team spirit is still a thing and I reckon all the loan additions are good solid characters who won't rock the boat. Like others have said maybe a season of consolidation this year before we attack promotion. You never know.

18/19 when we went up our windows were

Loan Henderson
Loan Woodburn
Loan Norwood
Loan Madine
Loan Hogan
Loan Dowell
Loan Johnson
Free McGoldrick
Free Bryan

We spent £4m on Egan and £1m and a bit on Norwood in January.

No problems with loans and frees if they're good enough.

18/19 when we went up our windows were

Loan Henderson
Loan Woodburn
Loan Norwood
Loan Madine
Loan Hogan
Loan Dowell
Loan Johnson
Free McGoldrick
Free Bryan

We spent £4m on Egan and £1m and a bit on Norwood in January.

No problems with loans and frees if they're good enough.

I’ve no issue with signing loans, if they’re good enough and get us promoted no one will care.

The biggest problem is we have employed a manager that appears to want play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, but we haven’t signed players suitable for that system e.g. a wingers/wide forwards.

So now Slav is stuck between a rock and a hard place. He either plays his preferred system with dross like Burke in the team and players out of position or he reverts to Wilder’s old system which hasn’t worked in over a year.

The signings made are all good and will improve us, it’s just we haven’t signed that one wide player (preferably two IMO) which should’ve been top priority.

Very happy tbh but still feel slightly let down because of the winger falling through at the last minute. Think it’s a good chance to try the strikers/attackers with a functioning midfield behind them. If they still aren’t performing in january it’s time to sell and get replacements in, rather than loans. If brewster, mcburnie, moose, burke, freeman etc can’t do it for us in the championship in the next 4 months there’s no point holding on to them really. Give illiman some games too why not. Think brewster could be a new player with hourihane, gibbs-white and berge playing a freer role around him

Spanish journalists reporting that Barcelona failed to file the paperwork on time after Callado had signed at 11:20 pm, all was good pending Barcelona submission but complications in the Griezmann and de Jong deals caused them to not file on time for Callado. Griezmann contract submitted at 23:59.

Spanish journalists reporting that Barcelona failed to file the paperwork on time after Callado had signed at 11:20 pm, all was good pending Barcelona submission but complications in the Griezmann and de Jong deals caused them to not file on time for Callado. Griezmann contract submitted at 23:59.
Take it to the EFL judge...is there such a guy? And if not why not. Maybe we can check VAR?

Surprised we haven’t moved one or two out
Thats the issue, poor underperforming players struggle to attract interest from other clubs.

So I’d be suprised if we managed to move out players unless we agree continue to pay the bulk of their wages.

Our priorities were new goalie, new midfield and wingers.

Decent window but couid be better…I’m thinking of that Meatloaf song “Two out of three aint bad“

Seems a shame that we didn't seem to identify back-up targets in case our first-choice signings fell through. Two new outfield placers aren't going to transform this team, no matter how good they are.

Seems a shame that we didn't seem to identify back-up targets in case our first-choice signings fell through. Two new outfield placers aren't going to transform this team, no matter how good they are.
We’ll never know, but I think Hourihane and the lad from Wolves were back up targets.

Reactions: Dkc
I would love to know what SJ really thinks to all this.
I don’t see that we have added the creativity to turn possession into goals; we need this lad from Wolves to be a decent player!

Have we improved the 1st team, yes, by enough, probably not but it's a start.

It’s a mixed window really. The business we’ve done has improved us in the short term but we clearly didn’t hit all the positions we wanted to so we are still short. We’ve sold a high value asset and replaced that player with a short term loan which in the medium term makes us poorer in terms of assets owned by the club. We’ve also not managed to move out the players we wanted to move out either for financial or development reasons. However, we’ve held on to our academy prospects which hopefully we’ll reap the rewards of later down the line.

I’m telling you now 90% of us would have been happy with what’s happened if offered this pre Birmingham.

Berge stayed (been average I know but we’d of been buzzing had we known he’d be staying)
Swedish number one replaces Ramsdale
3 quality premiership loans signed.

I’m sorry but let’s move on from slagging off the board until January. We’ve left it late to sign players 100% but Slav has a very good squad of players for this league to work with and it’s now down to him to get it right.

i think its a window that garauntees us we will stay in the championship 4 good loan signings just a bit dissapointing we failed with collado and karamoh its obvious slav wants 2 wide pacey players in those 2 might well have given us a chance of a play off spot mind still january to come

Last loan keeper we had did ok

The trickle down effect for most clubs now is after a harsh 18 months of massively reduced incomes to those planned for clubs are releasing loads of free agents
Wednesdays filled their boots with them
A lot of clubs us included will pick up some of these in the coming weeks

I’m telling you now 90% of us would have been happy with what’s happened if offered this pre Birmingham.

Berge stayed (been average I know but we’d of been buzzing had we known he’d be staying)
Swedish number one replaces Ramsdale
3 quality premiership loans signed.

I’m sorry but let’s move on from slagging off the board until January. We’ve left it late to sign players 100% but Slav has a very good squad of players for this league to work with and it’s now down to him to get it right.
Absolutely correct in what you say.
January window is the big one as long as we're in the mix, maybe by then we'll have come to terms with understanding of the work permit system, and we've still the free agents to sniff out as well

Too early to judge. I remember the “best window ever” didn’t work out as planned so how we can we make a judgment be that pro or against this one.
Ask again after the January one when we know if this has made any difference

Back
Top Bottom