Rate the window ?/10

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I couldn't care less about this window other than a small handful of contracts. Every penny spent on fees, loan fees and more wages is a waste of money and could be better spent next summer. Why spend millions on an inevitable relegation anyway?
More money to renew little Ben's contract, yay.

We could've used the Premier League as a selling point to plenty of talent, sell the dream to them, they can put themselves in the shop window on the grandest stage of them all. Then if they don't we have some really talented players in the Championship next season.

What have we done?
Signed BBD who WILL NOT be here next season. A dodgy keeper that falls like a tree. And Mason fucking Holgate.

We can at least agree on that. I was angry yesterday now I'm back to being apathetic again.
That's how this club gets you, us as fans this season have had the complete piss taken out of us. I love getting out at the weekend for the games it's now becoming a bit of a chore. I look forward to the pub before & after more than the games.

Missed an opportunity to sign some young talent from the lower leagues who actual start week in and week out. Like Palace did signing the 18 yr old from Blackburn. Curtis the only one, should have been 2 o 3 more. Oh, well. Praying to get to 13 points.

My point stands. Your statement is based on what you think, not what you know for sure. More is still more, it’s about opinions and yours and mine differ.
Agreed, apart from the common knowledge that Berge was hawked around in every window, he said so himself.

Missed an opportunity to sign some young talent from the lower leagues who actual start week in and week out. Like Palace did signing the 18 yr old from Blackburn. Curtis the only one, should have been 2 o 3 more. Oh, well. Praying to get to 13 points.

Half the forum would have "not ready", "not good enough" and "needs mens football" already at the ctrl-v fingertips if you tried that

The summer recruitment has absolutely killed us for a couple of transfer windows, the shite we brought in was beyond shocking, el accounto still saying we have a good championship squad , not sure how he’s working that out with so many offloaded already, loads need ditching in the summer but no money to replace so undoubtedly we will resign players who should have left in the summer.
Good news in young players now getting sorted in terms of contracts.
Never believed Wilder would keep us up and clearly he had no budget to work with, but as others have said again no planning or money seems to be in place for next season.
Hopefully Wilder can get us the points we need to not be the worst ever team in this league.

7/10 would have been 8 if we didn't get Holgate IMO.

Was all about keeping the powder dry for next season for me, one good servant but dead rubber now out in Felck but one in by the looks of it in Holgate.

Bereton hopefully settles and we become his first choice in the summer

£18 million + £4 million add ons for an 18 year old? We have made that mistake before.

He’s holding out for an unreasonable figure for some reason we’re unsaleable
He’s milking our club but keep clapping back to the championship
We don’t know what price instructions have been given to his selling agents, so to suggest it is “unreasonable “ is just guesswork.
There is no evidence that he is “milking our club”: if you have any that can be verified then please share it.

Honestly , what were we expecting?

The Prince will not spend any money … we are relegation certs …we are unattractive as fk unless it’s a player having a shit time at their current club …

I have been going through the turnstile for 53 years out of the 62 on this planet , my kids also have STs , and I have always , always loved this club .

But ……as others have said , despite the ups and mainly downs for so many of these years , I have never been as disappointed and detached as I am now .

I love them and will always , but I don’t bloody like them one bit at the moment .

Maybe it’s my age ? Didn’t bother me so much in the past as you didn’t have high expectations of them - but as the years tick by I really thought that getting promoted twice and being in the prem 3 out of 5 years plus the para payments that we had a chance to make something great .

I couldn’t have been more wrong . It’s fking turgid being a supporter of this club . The mismanagement as our leader took his eye off the ball and wallowed in his own piss for two years without putting in place an infrastructure to help us grow has caused a lot of our problems - recruitment team a bloody joke , however they have a book of green shield stamps and a conker to entice players with so no help there , our training facilities largely ignored until the place was starting to fall down and leaking roofs meant we had to fund more buckets , suppliers not paid , transfer embargo, relying on money from a rouge to stave off potential insolvency , somehow starting the season with a squad who are actually worse than the one we got promoted with , not investing anything like to give us any chance whatsoever…..I could go on but fk em .

What a pile of crap .

Anyway

See you all on Saturday
It's what most of us feel pal... roll on Saturday 🙂

Out of 10, 3,

I’m glad we haven’t spent much, I get the feeling the loss to Luton totally changed our approach to the rest of the season, it’s now damage limitations, enjoy the games and build for next season…

Lets enjoy the remaining games because there is NO guarantee we will ever return to the Prem, look at our poor porky neighbours, would they have thought that they’d still be in the second tier after a quarter of a century….

Makes the pre season shit show and our approach even more galling…. what a wasted opportunity…. any way we live in hope that a buyer comes in and actually has some clear strategic direction and finds to propel us forward.

That's how this club gets you, us as fans this season have had the complete piss taken out of us. I love getting out at the weekend for the games it's now becoming a bit of a chore. I look forward to the pub before & after more than the games.
Exactly... getting some ale down you before the match deadens the pain of the inevitable, after the game you need more ale to try to forget what you've just watched 😂😂

I’m pretty disappointed with this window. I would rate it a 2/10.

I think Dias has had a really positive impact. I was worried that he wasn’t up to standards but he’s proved me wrong so far. Always great to see.

Grbic has had a very ropey start. I’m not confident in what I have seen so far but i will reserve judgement until he’s more settled. In terms of a commanding no.1 then i’m not convinced and looking like a downgrade on Wes (so far). In this respect i think we’ve pissed of wes more and have less quality in-between the sticks.

Holgate comes with some of the most negative comments we’ve ever heard from fans, and there is strong competition for that accolade with most our signings. I’m not sure what impact he is going to have on our 11. I feel like we will spend a few months getting him up to standards just to hand him back to Everton. What a pointless waste of time and money. Maybe he will prove me wrong, I can only hope.

Curtis is a clever little signing so no problem with that. If it doesn't work out then no loss.

I think like others have said i would’ve liked to see more long term planning. We haven't used our position as a prem club to our advantage to lure in up and coming players. When we drop down to the championship we are going to be less of a lure than we are now. Those long term signings are going to be harder to make as a club falling down from the prem to the championship. The quality we need will be harder to acquire.

We still need quality in the midfield, that Doyle type role, composed ball carriers and passers. We still haven’t replaced Ndiaye (we might have spent the money we got for him though), once Mcatee, BBD & archer (who’s being deployed as more of a striker) goes back we have nothing in this department apart from maybe Brooks. No creativity or skill. We still need upgrades to improve our defence.

Despite 2 transfer windows in the Premier League, the extra riches that has bought us, I think our squad at the end of the season is worse than how it finished last season. That is criminally poor planning, recruitment and just wasteful of the opportunity. When you look at how both Luton and Burnley have used the opportunity. Their squads are stronger now and they have acquired loads of saleable/desirable assets. Whilst Burnley especially may only finish on a few points more than us and are likely to go down as well, they are in a much better position to bounce back than we are.

To say we have had 3/5 seasons now in the premier league I really worry with how wasteful we’ve been. I can’t blame the owner for not being rich enough. We have spent shit loads of money (although not much this window) by our standards. I think where we have spent money it’s not been on players anywhere near good enough, it’s been wasted on squad filler and mediocrity. It makes me think wether having a director of football would be good for the club and an overhaul of the recruitment team is probably needed.

This kind of quantifies what i was just saying. Our net spend over the last 5 seasons has been 125 million. Which ranks the 12th highest in the prem. obviously clubs like Brighton are at the bottom as they have saleable assets. But what this shows is that we have been backed, and we should be in a much better position than we are now.

https://www.football365.com/news/transfers-premier-league-five-year-net-spend-man-utd-man-city
We've managed to cement ourselves as a top end championship team and had a fews seasons in the premier league after years in the league one wilderness.

We almost certainly could've made better signings but transfers always have an element of risk and even though they haven't helped us survive relegation lots of those same players have helped us to stay at the top end of the championship. We've made good use of the loan market and have had some good youngsters come through.

It's not been perfect but it could've been a lot worse. I think the lived reality of being not good enough for the premier league is just very depressing and makes us think we're in a worse position than we actually are

We've managed to cement ourselves as a top end championship team and had a fews seasons in the premier league after years in the league one wilderness.

We almost certainly could've made better signings but transfers always have an element of risk and even though they haven't helped us survive relegation lots of those same players have helped us to stay at the top end of the championship. We've made good use of the loan market and have had some good youngsters come through.

It's not been perfect but it could've been a lot worse. I think the lived reality of being not good enough for the premier league is just very depressing and makes us think we're in a worse position than we actually are
I agree with a lots of that. Far from perfect but i think we are at an enviable position compared to most teams in the championship and lower. I see us in size and history of being about where we are now in the league so i suppose a lot of my mindset comes from frustration of smaller clubs doing much better. Obviously that comes with much larger funding.

Don't worry peeps glad not spent to much 5/10 from me. Cheer up early bird ST renewals won't be too long .... ha ha maybe a reduction seeing as we will be relegated. No not pork talk just a realist.

Back
Top Bottom