Will we beat Derby’s record?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Which part?

The bit about him demanding a salary he's not worth?

The bit about Burnley having more money than us?

The bit about Burnley taking more financial risks?

Or the bit about getting 12-15m for a player who has flattered to deceive at best (I like him, btw) and will leave for free in a year's time?
He's on a contract, we don't need to sell, got it?

Burnley have more money than us probably, what is it about us having a net transfer profit on promotion you don't have an issue with?

Are you ok with the Prince and the way he's currently running the football club?

If there was one side that was going to beat that record it was us in the season we came down. If we didn't get less than 11 points that season, then I don't think we will this.

We basically need to shithouse a couple of wins early doors just to build some confidence imo. I felt we could have been more positive attacking wise last season but this season I really don't care. I don't want it to be pretty, I don't want us to be the Premier League media darlings, I just want us to get some points on the board early doors and piss people off. One thing we do have going for us is that Bramall Lane can still be a horrible place for visiting teams, we're going to really need to make it like that this season.

We aren't going to make the impact we did under Wilder first time round. Forget that. If it means going back to Warnock ball in order for us to compete then so be it. We're going to have to scrap for everything this season just to give us a chance. Even if it's not enough to keep us up, I think it will certainly be enough to avoid that unwanted Derby record.
Realistically this season totally agree against most/if not all sides we can't let them play their gameplan. Although its not pretty playing like Luton did at BDTBL and we did away at Norwich that grab a goal and time waste with aggressive, hostile defensive tactics might be the only way to pick up a few wins. The downside to that is our squad, they are used to playing passing football (over kill if you will) we need to be in the oppositions faces. Bring back Morgan, Monty and co

How do you work that out then
It's like there being an issue in a relationship and no one daring to call it out.

He's running the club into the ground. Ah well, he's painted the kop.

Realistically this season totally agree against most/if not all sides we can't let them play their gameplan. Although its not pretty playing like Luton did at BDTBL and we did away at Norwich that grab a goal and time waste with aggressive, hostile defensive tactics might be the only way to pick up a few wins. The downside to that is our squad, they are used to playing passing football (over kill if you will) we need to be in the oppositions faces. Bring back Morgan, Monty and co

Defensively I think we are quite capable of being a bit aggressive. Baldock, Anel and Robinson all seem to have a no nonsense side to them.

That back 5 is going to have to have an unbelievable season this year. We absolutely cannot afford any stupid errors back there. Unfortunately, we shipped three poor goals on Saturday so that doesn't bode particularly well.

Defensively I think we are quite capable of being a bit aggressive. Baldock, Anel and Robinson all seem to have a no nonsense side to them.

That back 5 is going to have to have an unbelievable season this year. We absolutely cannot afford any stupid errors back there. Unfortunately, we shipped three poor goals on Saturday so that doesn't bode particularly well.
Totally agreed, the goals are going to be slim pickings unless someone comes good but to keep us in with a chance definitely agreed we need defensive to be error free.

He's on a contract, we don't need to sell, got it?

Burnley have more money than us probably, what is it about us having a net transfer profit on promotion you don't have an issue with?

Are you ok with the Prince and the way he's currently running the football club?
It's not the Prince's fault you don't know how common, and rational, it is to accept a bid for a player who is otherwise leaving for free. I'm sure you'd be first in line to bash the club if that were to happen.

It's not the Prince's fault you've got the patience of a toddler and are investing your entire emotional well-being in whether we stay up or go down over a single season.

The timing isn't good but it's inevitable with the window closing after the season starts. I'm confident Burnley would have looked at Doyle and there's a reason they're going for Berge instead, which makes me think we have moves lined up. Again, we're further down the food chain than Burnley right now. A fact of life.

Kick and scream all you want.

Stop believing that having a contract with Sheffield United means more than a contract at any other club. A contract merely protects the sale value.

Got it?

It’s 150/1 with Skybet

We certainly don’t look in a rush to sign players, so even if we get them in just before the window closes we’re throwing some of our potentially most winnable games.

I’ve only ever been joking about beating their record, but I don’t know where the goals are coming from and I worry about us defensively as there is no protection from midfield.

And are the players we’re looking at even any good? Generally? We have question marks over all those we have brought in so far. It’s not looking great is it?

We are on course to put out the worst Premier League XI of all time against Palace and rumours around Berge going to BURNLEY. It gets worse by the day.

Lambs. Slaughter. As it stands.
The latest recruit to the S24SU Prophets of Doom Gang puts out yet another negative and pointless thread. I wonder if you have anything positive at all to say about the club you follow but I wont hold my breath.

We're not even good at the back anymore, see Saturday for a prime example of how we cope against pace and power. It's also very hard to defend when you have a shit midfield in front of you who aren't physically strong enough to retain the ball and stop the opposition.

The latest recruit to the S24SU Prophets of Doom Gang puts out yet another negative and pointless thread. I wonder if you have anything positive at all to say about the club you follow but I wont hold my breath.
God forbid me and many others aren't happy about how this season is shaping up. I'm doing my bit to help people line their pockets in a cost of living crisis, and you?

It's not the Prince's fault you don't know how common, and rational, it is to accept a bid for a player who is otherwise leaving for free. I'm sure you'd be first in line to bash the club if that were to happen.

It's not the Prince's fault you've got the patience of a toddler and are investing your entire emotional well-being in whether we stay up or go down over a single season.

The timing isn't good but it's inevitable with the window closing after the season starts. I'm confident Burnley would have looked at Doyle and there's a reason they're going for Berge instead, which makes me think we have moves lined up. Again, we're further down the food chain than Burnley right now. A fact of life.

Stop believing that having a contract with Sheffield United means more than a contract at any other club. A contract merely protects the sale value.

Got it?
So - you're a Prince fan, not a United fan.

Got it.

Got it?
Pretty sure the emaciated squad is the responsibility of the owner who makes the decisions on contracts, buying and selling.

There’s also ‘Haaland score more Pl goals than Sheff United’ - although only 5/4 it’s literally printing money…

Pretty sure the emaciated squad is the responsibility of the owner who makes the decisions on contracts, buying and selling.
I didn't realise the season ends today and the league table has been decided based on what Sheffield United's fans feel about Sheffield United's squad on paper.

So - you're a Prince fan, not a United fan.

Got it.
Yes obviously. Got a HRH tattoo.

Learning how things work helps.

Alternatively find yourself a few hundred million and do something about it.

Your move.

I didn't realise the season ends today and the league table has been decided based on what Sheffield United's fans feel about Sheffield United's squad on paper.
Go on then, I'll humour you

What do you think to the frankly embarrassing state of the squad?

It's only currently bad on paper, but it'll be bad on the pitch come Saturday, You don't have to wait long.

The season's already over. We're four days from the start of the season and can barely put a team out having sold our two best players and not replaced the other two who were on loan.
No players of any quality with any sense are going to sign for us. It's an absolute shitshow.

We all know we need to sign players, including Hecky and the Prince!

Constantly moaning it’s going to speed up the transfer process

The season's already over. We're four days from the start of the season and can barely put a team out having sold our two best players and not replaced the other two who were on loan.
No players of any quality with any sense are going to sign for us. It's an absolute shitshow.
Ok great. So what's your plan?

I'm going to turn up and enjoy some football.

I'll leave the other stuff to fans of Transfer Window FC.

We all know we need to sign players, including Hecky and the Prince!

Constantly moaning it’s going to speed up the transfer process
Maybe the amount of moaning is why we're selling them instead of buying them.

It must be our fault, it can't be our fabulous leader.

Go on then, I'll humour you

What do you think to the frankly embarrassing state of the squad?

It's only currently bad on paper, but it'll be bad on the pitch come Saturday, You don't have to wait long.
Panini I'll unsurprisingly take that as a refusal to comment. As expected.

With mortgage interest rates what they are at the minute fuck it, the lots going on a certain banker

I bet the launderettes around Sheffield do a roaring trade with all the bedwetters that frequent these pages.

Most fans were saying it was pointless going up last season as we were so crap, & yet now we have we expect miracles to be performed in the way of signings, despite knowing most of the Prem money has gone on servicing debts, due of course to being run like the amateurs we accuse them of being. Plus we already know our owner wants out & will not put in more than the absolute minimum.
I mean, I sort of get it, I know we are short of numbers, short on quality, short on time, but it's Sheffield United, we don't change & deep down not many fans actually expect us to either. One day we may get an owner who is proactive & gets business done early, but I am not holding my breath. Yes we will not help our cause by starting the season short, it will be a battle without giving our relegation rivals a few games start before we get something resembling a competitive squad, & yes I wish it were different, but it isn't, & isn't likely to be while Princey is in charge, but I will put everything in to supporting the lads despite that, hoping for change but realising it will not, for the foreseeable at least.
Besides, I thought we preferred it when we are underdogs?

I know I will get stick for this, I am not a happy clapper & of course I am not happy with many things at The Lane right now, but if all the supports who turn up have all this negativity & anger then they will let it spew out at the game & contribute to a toxic atmosphere, & that will not help one bit.
Thank goodness that someone understands the situation. I still reserve my decision on what has happened until the window has closed.

Panini I'll unsurprisingly take that as a refusal to comment. As expected.
Your message from 12 minutes ago?

I hope that helps you realise your patience levels aren't acceptable.

If the transfer window closes in 1 hour I'd be really concerned.

I'm not sure how else to assess the situation? I'll enjoy the season anyway, depending on how much PL bollocks / Blades bedwetting I expose myself to.

Go on, I'll humour you. Let's pretend our livelihoods depend on the next 30 minutes of Sheffield United transfer activity. I'll start...

WAAAAHHHHHH WAAAAHHHHHH

Your message from 12 minutes ago?

I hope that helps you realise your patience levels aren't acceptable.

If the transfer window closes in 1 hour I'd be really concerned.

I'm not sure how else to assess the situation? I'll enjoy the season anyway, depending on how much PL bollocks / Blades bedwetting I expose myself to.

Go on, I'll humour you. Let's pretend our livelihoods depend on the next 30 minutes of Sheffield United transfer activity. I'll start...

WAAAAHHHHHH WAAAAHHHHHH
There won't be much to enjoy in a red and white shirt this season son. Unless of course you enjoy seeing your club get bent over and gang banged for 90 minutes once a week, for the whole world to see and laugh at.

Derby have just resigned Martyn Waghorn. Fucking fuming, another opportunity missed.

Back
Top Bottom