Will we beat Derby’s record?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Slim Man

Reaction score
It’s 150/1 with Skybet

We certainly don’t look in a rush to sign players, so even if we get them in just before the window closes we’re throwing some of our potentially most winnable games.

I’ve only ever been joking about beating their record, but I don’t know where the goals are coming from and I worry about us defensively as there is no protection from midfield.

And are the players we’re looking at even any good? Generally? We have question marks over all those we have brought in so far. It’s not looking great is it?

We are on course to put out the worst Premier League XI of all time against Palace and rumours around Berge going to BURNLEY. It gets worse by the day.

Lambs. Slaughter. As it stands.

I genuinely think it's impossible for that record to ever be beaten.

There. I said it !
We look like we’ll give it a go. As it stands we are putting in the worst squad comparable to its peers I’ve seen apart from that Derby side.

If there was one side that was going to beat that record it was us in the season we came down. If we didn't get less than 11 points that season, then I don't think we will this.

We basically need to shithouse a couple of wins early doors just to build some confidence imo. I felt we could have been more positive attacking wise last season but this season I really don't care. I don't want it to be pretty, I don't want us to be the Premier League media darlings, I just want us to get some points on the board early doors and piss people off. One thing we do have going for us is that Bramall Lane can still be a horrible place for visiting teams, we're going to really need to make it like that this season.

We aren't going to make the impact we did under Wilder first time round. Forget that. If it means going back to Warnock ball in order for us to compete then so be it. We're going to have to scrap for everything this season just to give us a chance. Even if it's not enough to keep us up, I think it will certainly be enough to avoid that unwanted Derby record.

It’s 150/1 with Skybet

We certainly don’t look in a rush to sign players, so even if we get them in just before the window closes we’re throwing some of our potentially most winnable games.

I’ve only ever been joking about beating their record, but I don’t know where the goals are coming from and I worry about us defensively as there is no protection from midfield.

And are the players we’re looking at even any good? Generally? We have question marks over all those we have brought in so far. It’s not looking great is it?

We are on course to put out the worst Premier League XI of all time against Palace and rumours around Berge going to BURNLEY. It gets worse by the day.

I can't find the bet, I'm going to put some money on it if I can.

Hecky was reading ‘The Power of Positive Thinking’ over the weekend.
Be reight …
He’s brought in a trolley-jack to lift the players’ heads.

Right. Sander's going. Swap 'on course to' for 'putting out'

Fucking hell, pathetic

I bet the launderettes around Sheffield do a roaring trade with all the bedwetters that frequent these pages.

Most fans were saying it was pointless going up last season as we were so crap, & yet now we have we expect miracles to be performed in the way of signings, despite knowing most of the Prem money has gone on servicing debts, due of course to being run like the amateurs we accuse them of being. Plus we already know our owner wants out & will not put in more than the absolute minimum.
I mean, I sort of get it, I know we are short of numbers, short on quality, short on time, but it's Sheffield United, we don't change & deep down not many fans actually expect us to either. One day we may get an owner who is proactive & gets business done early, but I am not holding my breath. Yes we will not help our cause by starting the season short, it will be a battle without giving our relegation rivals a few games start before we get something resembling a competitive squad, & yes I wish it were different, but it isn't, & isn't likely to be while Princey is in charge, but I will put everything in to supporting the lads despite that, hoping for change but realising it will not, for the foreseeable at least.
Besides, I thought we preferred it when we are underdogs?

I know I will get stick for this, I am not a happy clapper & of course I am not happy with many things at The Lane right now, but if all the supports who turn up have all this negativity & anger then they will let it spew out at the game & contribute to a toxic atmosphere, & that will not help one bit.

For anyone looking for the bet

It’s on Sky bet in the specials section.
Premier league request a bets 23/24

I bet the launderettes around Sheffield do a roaring trade with all the bedwetters that frequent these pages.

Most fans were saying it was pointless going up last season as we were so crap, & yet now we have we expect miracles to be performed in the way of signings, despite knowing most of the Prem money has gone on servicing debts, due of course to being run like the amateurs we accuse them of being. Plus we already know our owner wants out & will not put in more than the absolute minimum.
I mean, I sort of get it, I know we are short of numbers, short on quality, short on time, but it's Sheffield United, we don't change & deep down not many fans actually expect us to either. One day we may get an owner who is proactive & gets business done early, but I am not holding my breath. Yes we will not help our cause by starting the season short, it will be a battle without giving our relegation rivals a few games start before we get something resembling a competitive squad, & yes I wish it were different, but it isn't, & isn't likely to be while Princey is in charge, but I will put everything in to supporting the lads despite that, hoping for change but realising it will not, for the foreseeable at least.
Besides, I thought we preferred it when we are underdogs?

I know I will get stick for this, I am not a happy clapper & of course I am not happy with many things at The Lane right now, but if all the supports who turn up have all this negativity & anger then they will let it spew out at the game & contribute to a toxic atmosphere, & that will not help one bit.
Not a happy clapper? Funny way of showing it

You’re doing more damage to the club than any perceived ‘negative’ is.

I had us @ 5/1 to finish before bottom we sold Ndiaye

Unfortunateley that is a very good price and looking even better now :rolleyes:

For anyone looking for the bet

It’s on Sky bet in the specials section.
Premier league request a bets 23/24
£5 staked, I don't think it will happen but if it does it's worth £750 at least!

Haaland to score more than Sheffield United is buying money.

It’s 150/1 with Skybet

4766779.jpg

Rumours around Berge, a player asking for ridiculous wages and will never extend with us even if we did find that money, going to BURNLEY, who literally have more than us and might be spending money they don't have
Fixed it for you

It's very hard to do, but it seems like the club are going to give it a good go.

Not a chance. This bunch even without Ndiaye have enough about them to beat Luton, Everton, Forest and Wolves at very least once each.
Who's actually going to be left of the bunch though? Berge is going, assume Jebbo will too. We can't attract anyone so it'll probably be old folks and kids we can play

So you're alright with it are you? Nuts, barmy
Which part?

The bit about him demanding a salary he's not worth?

The bit about Burnley having more money than us?

The bit about Burnley taking more financial risks?

Or the bit about getting 12-15m for a player who has flattered to deceive at best (I like him, btw) and will leave for free in a year's time?

Can we give it a rest? Bloody hell the misery round here is madness. Do we need another thread about how shit we think this season will be.

Back
Top Bottom