Wilder / Holgate

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Edinblade

Reaction score
Wilder has shown once again he has terrible judgement when it comes to signing players. Everton and Southampton fans were very clear just how bad Holgate is. He couldn’t get into either team. Our fans were very clear we did not want Holgate signed. Wilder must have known the views of supporters. In his own bloody minded “I know best” way, he still went ahead with the signing. I don’t believe for one second Holgate was the only option during the transfer window. Wilder wasted the budget when he was last here and it would seem he’s learnt nothing.
Since his last spell with us, Wilder has been a complete failure. He should never have come back and the sooner he’s gone, the better.

Wilder has shown once again he has terrible judgement when it comes to signing players. Everton and Southampton fans were very clear just how bad Holgate is. He couldn’t get into either team. Our fans were very clear we did not want Holgate signed. Wilder must have known the views of supporters. In his own bloody minded “I know best” way, he still went ahead with the signing. I don’t believe for one second Holgate was the only option during the transfer window. Wilder wasted the budget when he was last here and it would seem he’s learnt nothing.
Since his last spell with us, Wilder has been a complete failure. He should never have come back and the sooner he’s gone, the better.

The way the club is run Wilder probably has to scout, negotiate the contract and do the medical whilst Knill thumbs the “Dummies Guide to Anatomy”. Wouldn’t be surprised if he has to book them an Uber to Shirecliffe.

In short, we’re not set up to compete in any shape or form.

Simple question.

IF we weren't scraping the barrel and we had 15-20m to spend on a CB for example, do you think he would have still signed Holgate?

If Yes, then you can blame Wilder.

If No, then blame the board.
Simple question

No matter how little or how big your budget is do u sign somebody that is clearly not good enough?

Answer: No

Simple question

No matter how little or how big your budget is do u sign somebody that is clearly not good enough?

Answer: No

Thats a stupid question. You spend within your means and Holgate was obviously very well within those means.

So, if Wilder had 20m to spend on a CB, do you think he still signs Holgate?

Point blank refuse to believe that he was the best option available on loan.
Agreed and on the money he will be on it was moronic.

The real question ThatJa should have asked is why would any team in relegation trouble loan a player to a relegation rival who is any good ?

70k a week..

Nice job done there mason, the Everton fans told us you were shit..

Congrats on doing us for Everton..

Fucking idiots on the recruitment at our club.

Ps, that's when I knew it wa over

Simple question.

IF we weren't scraping the barrel and we had 15-20m to spend on a CB for example, do you think he would have still signed Holgate?

If Yes, then you can blame Wilder.

If No, then blame the board.
No comments last week re Holgate im angry stupid challenge but no worse than what Brewster did no manager asks the players to be that stupid

We haven't signed him it's a loan and being rock bottom of the league with no money our options were pretty limited. Anyone saying any of this is on any manager is ignoring the main problem
We know what the main problem is but Wilder has been trying to sign Holgate for a decade. He couldn't get in a championship teams side ffs. If Holgate was the only defender we could identify then something is badly wrong.

Got to take what you can get in our position. Not an attractive proposition for both players and parent clubs with guaranteed drubbings most weeks.

yep…clearly the managers fault that tackle.

It’s just fashionable to blame the player that’s been here 2 minutes, (and been one of our better defender when in the pitch) and ignore the sheer shite from the rest.

Trusty, Anel and today Robbo were awful.
Bogle could t deal with Mitoma.
Larouchi- dreadful without the ball and looks clueless. Another nowhere near his man.

Midfield- screwed once down to 10, but if Brooks had been bought for a fee he’d be getting a lot less time and patience than he’s getting. He’s not ready for men’s footy where there’s any tactical requirement.

So rather than blaming the manager for signing a player that’s better than all our other defenders, I’d rather query why Brooks gets on the pitch in a game like that over Davies or even Norwood.

Wilders wanted Mason for a few years. It had his seal of approval.
Wilders not been with us since 2020/21 so 3 seasons ago when Holgate was playing for Everton week in week out.

We were linked with Holgate all summer therefore it appears to be their recommendation.

Why does Hecky escape the blame for the shite we signed in the summer? At least Holgates had one good game, I’ve seen nothing from Laroucci, Traore, Slimane but people blame the board for those signings.

I recall watching the Gaffer’s press conference prior to the Crystal Palace fixture, and it was apparent that Wilder believed that the deal that Wilder thought the club was about to ‘get over the line’ was the lad from Forest.

I have little doubt that Holgate was further down the list of players that Wilder trusted to the cretins at the club with responsibility for negotiating transfers. And, typical of this administration, they delivered the one that they could ‘get over the line’ with minimal resistance or work - because they were pushing at an open door as far as the player’s existing club were concerned.

Can’t blame Wilder for that fucking tackle, Jesus have you seen it, then the comical defence afterwards, no pressure on the attacking players, is that all Wilder, this squad is shocking absolutely no doubt, all of those that supported the board over the summer, saying how much stronger we were what a joke, we are miles off last year and I mean miles.
God knows what we do for next season I genuinely worry about that as once again the board have wasted any money we might have had

We haven't signed him it's a loan and being rock bottom of the league with no money our options were pretty limited. Anyone saying any of this is on any manager is ignoring the main problem
This .

The reason is not Wider. Wasnt Hecky. Not the players.

The BOARD is the reason for this shit show we get week in week out.
You enter the best league in the world (arguably). You allow your best two players (one arguably) to leave two weeks before the season starts. And you bring in cheap alternatives in the wild hope they will be good enough.

We shouldnt really be that surprised. When have we EVER had a board that has seriously invested in the playing staff???

Wilders not been with us since 2020/21 so 3 seasons ago when Holgate was playing for Everton week in week out.

We were linked with Holgate all summer therefore it appears to be their recommendation.

Why does Hecky escape the blame for the shite we signed in the summer? At least Holgates had one good game, I’ve seen nothing from Laroucci, Traore, Slimane but people blame the board for those signings.

Wilder wanted him back in 2018.

Can’t blame Wilder for that fucking tackle, Jesus have you seen it, then the comical defence afterwards, no pressure on the attacking players, is that all Wilder, this squad is shocking absolutely no doubt, all of those that supported the board over the summer, saying how much stronger we were what a joke, we are miles off last year and I mean miles.
God knows what we do for next season I genuinely worry about that as once again the board have wasted any money we might have had
I think its a combo of owner, recruitment team and management. All not up to standards.

Back
Top Bottom