Wilder / Holgate

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is this magical player #Worral that would have been 'another GREAT signing #WankerWilder was not allowed to make' rather than his usual shite he does make and a different one to the donkey that played against us in the second game of the season who could not cope against inexperienced and possibly unfit Traore and Osula?

Apart from Brighton at home think he’s been consistently good.

I would be signing him as he plays multiple positions all across our back 3 / right back / RWB and a holding midfielder role. All played for while at Everton. For us in the championship he’s like the right footed version of Osborn but much better.

I would be signing him as he plays multiple positions all across our back 3 / right back / RWB and a holding midfielder role. All played for while at Everton. For us in the championship he’s like the right footed version of Osborn but much better.

He'll be plenty good enough for the championship.

With the likely exodus of Anel, Baldock, Egan etc, I would be very suprised if we didn't express an interest in retaining him for next season.

He'll be plenty good enough for the championship.

With the likely exodus of Anel, Baldock, Egan etc, I would be very suprised if we didn't express an interest in retaining him for next season.
Think when we are having to sign so many players a few ones that we know are good enough is required.

UW ventured out too sign Grbic and look at that.

We want boring signings this summer. I know football is about opinions but just sign the players who have been there and done it and performed very well.

Players like Mcacullum who is a very good player for Norwich on a free same with Callum O’Hare. Just bring them in early as we know there good in the championship.

I know BBD would be a stretch but that type the ones we know will do well.

We need to get away from the back three

We need to get away from the back three
I just don’t see us having the players for a back 4.

We don’t have any wingers. Every manager has tried to take us away from a back 5 and they all revert back too it.

We don’t have any wingers. Every manager has tried to take us away from a back 5 and they all revert back too it.
When we are having a reshaping of the squad on the scale we will be seeing this summer there probably won’t be a better time to transition to a back 4.

When we are having a reshaping of the squad on the scale we will be seeing this summer there probably won’t be a better time to transition to a back 4.
Agree with that.

I just don’t see it for us. We have achieved promotions with 352. Be a risk to change we would need to go and sign 3/4 wingers

The 5 3 2 basic set up as seen us either in contention for play offs or better in 4 seasons we have used it in the championship

Agree with that.

I just don’t see it for us. We have achieved promotions with 352. Be a risk to change we would need to go and sign 3/4 wingers
As you keep telling us Brooks is a winger. McAtee also probably fits your description as probably does Traore. The reason we play 5 at the back is because we have slow, weak centre backs in the squad and an attacking right back who can’t defend and few mobile centre mids. We need to start again with a new spine based on a 4

As you keep telling us Brooks is a winger. McAtee also probably fits your description as probably does Traore. The reason we play 5 at the back is because we have slow, weak centre backs in the squad and an attacking right back who can’t defend and few mobile centre mids. We need to start again with a new spine based on a 4
You think Brooks is top end championship?

Brooks is League one level at the moment. Will develop into a good championship player for sure. But we need promotion in 2 years.

I think the original poster was more hinting at back 4 for next season and that’s without Mcatee. So unless you think Brooks is a top Chanpionship winger when you pretty much agree with my points.

i would definetly like to see us go to a back 4 next season and go 4312 hamer perfect for the duffy role imo also think tom davies when fully fit will be a big player for us in the championship him and arblaster plus maybe a big physical type of midfielder could be a good midfield 3 next season

Good chance he signs if he can come to some sort of arrangement with Everton.
He needs to take a wage cut of around £65k per week, he is solid but not dominating, is not fast and offers no goal or attacking threat like a slightly better right footed version of Robinson. Without the long throw. If we want a 4 at the back we need to be signing a far better centre back. For what he offers (basic solidity) you can get that from a player in the lower leagues, cheaper and younger with more potential athletic upside

Wages ? Supposed to be on double what Brewster is and look how that has turned out value for money. WW3 would happen on here.

He needs to take a wage cut of around £65k per week, he is solid but not dominating, is not fast and offers no goal or attacking threat like a slightly better right footed version of Robinson. Without the long throw. If we want a 4 at the back we need to be signing a far better centre back
Just passing on what I was told...happy to fit into our wage structure provided he comes to an arrangement for the final year of his Everton deal.

Just passing on what I was told...happy to fit into our wage structure provided he comes to an arrangement for the final year of his Everton deal.
Thanks, no Ill will to you for passing that intel on. Am not surprised he will fit in with us as he couldn’t break into the Saints first team and he isn’t going to play for Everton as not athletic enough for Dyche. I am just suggesting he offers poor value for money as I think he would still be one of our top earners…

He’s not going to a big club and none of the lower end premier league clubs or top end championship clubs would want him and certainly not on his current salary. Especially with FFP being enforced as it is at the moment (unless you’re Man City). He obviously has a manager here who wants and rates him so it’s really up to finding a new salary level, which will be a long way from his current level

Have you forgotten we're having a huge clear out & starting again?

holgate was awful in the few games he played for southampton thats why he was benched how wilder thought he was good enough for the premier league is baffling and if we do sign him for the championship campaign we will be going with 3 centre backs again no way holgate is good enough to play in a back 4 which personally would be my choice for next season

I think he's been good these last two games. He has a physicality that we don't currently have. Quick and fairly agile without getting bullied. Wouldn't say he's dominant but he's the closest we have to a PL-style CB.

Hes currently on £70k is ge not??

Back
Top Bottom