Rate the window ?/10

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Slim Man

Reaction score
Presuming our only other acquisition is šŸ¤¢ Holgate šŸ¤¢ - How do we feel the window has gone out of 10?

Only Seriki and Osula tied down as far as I'm aware.

BBD, great signing but only on loan.
Jury very much out on the keeper, but doesn't look great so far.
Holgate is a horrible signing.

We haven't resolved anything in terms of on-field leaders, or voices.
We haven't brought in a 'proper' centre half, just a powder puff one who prefers to play at right back.

Everything about this club at the minute is done on the cheap, and we only ever plan for the next window.
With all these contracts running out and no one here to replace them, and of course our complete lack of forward planning and available money I've absolutely no idea how people expect us to be around the top of the league next year. We're more likely to end up in another embargo for not paying our bills.

McAtee who is our best player will be gone, potentially both of our right backs will be gone, Archer will be gone, BBD will be gone, RND could well be gone, Egan, Norwood, McBurnie, despite your views are all players who have been great for us who may well be on their way. Who's replacing them? At this basket case of a club with no forward planning who would want to?

We are going in one direction and it ain't up.

Presuming our only other acquisition is šŸ¤¢ Holgate šŸ¤¢ - How do we feel the window has gone out of 10?

We haven't brought in a 'proper' centre half, just a powder puff one who prefers to play at right back.

Everything about this club at the minute is done on the cheap, and we only ever plan for the next window.
With all these contracts running out and no one here to replace them, and of course our complete lack of forward planning and available money I've absolutely no idea how people expect us to be around the top of the league next year. We're more likely to end up in another embargo for not paying our bills.

McAtee who is our best player will be gone, potentially both of our right backs will be gone, Archer will be gone, BBD will be gone, RND could well be gone, Egan, Norwood, McBurnie, despite your views are all players who have been great for us who may well be on their way. Who's replacing them? At this basket case of a club with no forward planning who would want to?

Quick reminder that 42 minutes have passed since you last slagged your club off. Get another post in quick, and make sure you wedge in ā€œbasket caseā€ four times.

Are you going to go after the manager again? Or maybe spend your energy attacking the person responsible this time?

Maybe we should comment after 11pm. You conveniently ignore the talented young platers we have as well as assuming so man players will simply leave.
I remain more optimistic.

What window ?

Can we afford a window ?

Not seen any green confirmed so 0/10 for me.

Poor window for me, weā€™re lacking a couple of signings from European Farmers Leagues and we havenā€™t signed any reserves from Championship teams either. No ambition
Thatā€™s what the big clubs do

Quick reminder that 42 minutes have passed since you last slagged your club off. Get another post in quick, and make sure you wedge in ā€œbasket caseā€ four times.
Is there a limit? Cos Iā€™m happy to surpass it

Are you going to go after the manager again? Or maybe spend your energy attacking the person responsible this time?
You might wanna have a look at my posts from around August and September šŸ˜‚

However how weā€™ve played and how weā€™ve took to games since Wilder came in show Hecky was well out of his depth. And the fact people have stopped getting injured.

Iā€™m certainly not about to protest while heā€™s in his mansion in LA.

I prefer not to look like a ā€˜full weightā€™ by making premature judgment calls or predicting the championship next year and then stating the bleedin obvious just to get some perverse enjoyment ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦but knock yourself out.

You might wanna have a look at my posts from around August and September šŸ˜‚

However how weā€™ve played and how weā€™ve took to games since Wilder came in show Hecky was well out of his depth. And the fact people have stopped getting injured.

Iā€™m certainly not about to protest while heā€™s in his mansion in LA.
I'm happy Hecky went since we managed to get Wilder, I had a bad feeling we'd end up with worse.

I prefer not to look like a ā€˜full weightā€™ by making premature judgment calls or predicting the championship next year and then stating the bleedin obvious just to get some perverse enjoyment ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦but knock yourself out.
So you donā€™t like to share your opinion about the current state of your football club? Interesting

10/10
Spent nothing which is very good

At least we haven't got the clappers on here trying to explain how wonderful Joe Worrall is

itā€™s a tough sell atm for CW

ā€œRight, weā€™re bottom of the league, refs against us, not won away, JLTā€™s our best defender and weā€™re almost certain to go down so theyā€™ll be a relegation clause in your contract, happy to sign lad?ā€

Players thoughtsā€¦..
IMG_3402.jpeg

Hello Prince
We can stay in business for another 6 months if we spend nowt.
How far do you think Premier League money for three seasons and parachute payments for two seasons goes?

There's some dozy twats that think we can afford to buy Championship reserves with that money, it's absolutely impossible when Bournemouth, Burnley, Luton and a number of Championship clubs want them as well.

I think itā€™s been a poor window, not for the actual players weā€™ve signed but as Roygbiv said we havenā€™t really made a plan and gone for it or not gone for it.

Both Diaz and Holgate are no option to buy so not long term planning and we havenā€™t brought in enough quality early enough to give us a chance of a somehow magical survival.

A bit ho hum use of the transfer market just for the sake of using it imho.

4/10

Feels like a quiet transfer window across the board this year? All the big clubs worried about FFP

The concerns I had in August remain.

The sheer number of players we need to recruit and our ability to scout, bid and sign players that for the business model of this club is a worry.
After all, for a club thatā€™s aim is to sign young talent, nurture it then sell for a big profit before wheeling out the immediate replacement with little to no side effects, we seem to be failing miserably!

Holgate- no clue yet, not seen him play.
Grbic- I was concerned watching him warm up on Saturday, never mind the game and a half heā€™s had so far where I think he managed one save, and nowhere near the 7 he conceded.
BBD- Heā€™s looked every bit the type of player weā€™ve been crying out for over a long time. Sadly, there seems to be little prospect of it being a permanent transfer. Best we can hope is he loves it, wants to come back here and Villarreal agree to another loan as he was a free signing. But more likely if they agree to him leaving will want a chuck of a fee and be happy he goes to the highest bidderā€¦.which would be someone like Hull/Sunderland/Burnley or whoever else goes down with us.

Our club is rotten to the core caused by one Middle Eastern man

BBD looking like a great signing for the season. Actually signed some players to contracts. More premier experience added in Holgate.

Depends what you were expecting from the window really. It's about what I thought we'd bring in, and that's fine. We never stood much of a chance, so more competitive without repeating mistakes of the past.

6/10

BBD looking like a great signing for the season. Actually signed some players to contracts. More premier experience added in Holgate.

Depends what you were expecting from the window really. It's about what I thought we'd bring in, and that's fine. We never stood much of a chance, so more competitive without repeating mistakes of the past.

6/10
Wow

Back
Top Bottom