Good or bad window?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Satisfied with incomings and outgoings?

• Dissatisfied with incomings?

Votes: 90 53.6%
  • Dissatisfied with outgoings?

Votes: 67 39.9%
  • Don’t think we’ve been told what business has been done yet?

Votes: 55 32.7%

• Total voters
In the end I think it was a decent window but could have been better. We have new bodies in which hopefully will freshen things up, but very frustrated we waited until the last day to do so much of our business. Given the lateness of their arrival and our current predicament, it also relies on them hitting the ground running!

Of course, in the case of Olsen it was always going to be that way as a high profile target waiting on better offers, and probably reasonable to stay in for him knowing that we do at least already have (limited) cover in that position. However, leaving it so late with Collado and Karamoh made no sense to me, as always likely we'd end up in this situation - now we don't have the players to play our manager's preferred formation, which seems baffling to me. Similarly in the midfield, the whole Vieira situation was a mess.

Don't profess to know how player recruitment works but presumably there is a list for each position in order of preference, so feels like we should have moved on earlier. Even if Slav has to move away from his preferred formation, I hope we learn from this window and get some wingers lined up ahead of when the January window opens (not holding my breath), as he needs a plan B, especially if things don't pick up. We're going to be a much less desirable prospect if we're still lingering in the relegation zone in January.
Why can we not use Burke on the wing ?
We know he is quick, which in itself causes problems to defences, but the evidence so far seen is that he can cross. Just don’t ask him to shoot !

Blade56

On another note, today I feel much better with the loans instead of permanent signings, we've really made a shit start, and if we made the playoffs I'd be over the moon..

Relegation scrap, too early???
To soon, need to see if he can pull a demotivated bunch together and get them performing. I think he’s the man but 2 wingers would have made a huge difference to squad and formation options. Not checked yet if he’s commented on the situation. I get the impression he’s a man of few words but when he speaks it’s to the point.

Think top six is a stretch but you never know. I’ve been impressed with the championship teams I’ve watched so far so no HMS pi55 the league.

Reading between the lines, the Board do not want promotion - too scary, too much financial risk, they'd rather stay mid-Championship with a cheap squad.
The only clean sheets they are interested in are the Balance Sheets.

Football clubs should not be businesses - they are more like religious institutions, they exist to inspire and entertain us. Try and run them like a supermarket and you might make a nice living for yourself, but you slowly kill the soul of the club

There's little to no financial risk to the owner if we're in the Premier League, we spent loads and we still paid for ourselves.

In the Championship he has to fund it, so he wants us up. Also he likes football, and wants us to be at the top table for networking I'm sure.

We just spent too much money, and when you look at who we've brought in, the equivalent in permanent deals would have been about £40m, no way we could stretch to that.

I hope he's looking at freshening up or adding to the recruitment team before we make anymore permanent signings for money, because the last one we did that worked was Norwood, and even he's gone to pot now.

We know he is quick, which in itself causes problems to defences, but the evidence so far seen is that he can cross. Just don’t ask him to shoot !
Probably the only option really isn’t it? Just not a fan but maybe he’ll come good 🤞🏻

Have ya ever thought when hes ‘crossing’ he’s actually shooting

Back
Top Bottom