Movement.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The ante has gone up, RS bulletin at 3pm now quoting Sheffield United are about to make a major signing.

Can't see it being the lad from Brentford, apparently he wants more pay.
Maupay wants more pay . Put him on performance pay then !

Dunno why you'd take away the link to our club, it's not like it's fabricated.

Wilder talking about signing young players was never going to mean a fifa-like tranfer window where we sell all the oldies off and bring loads of talented kids in for cheap. There is plenty of room in our squad for some 1 year contract, older, experienced players.

Regarding wages, 'back up players' don't normally get paid significantly less than starters, especially if they're challenging for a spot in the 11. Wilder has also spoken about maybe playing a more defensively minded RCB in the prem for games that we don't expect to have lots of possession in the opposition's half.

I know it's not fabricated, but he played his best football at Everton and he was last at our club 12 long years ago

No matter how anyone sees it because it is subjective, I wouldn't use the word significant in the context of him re signing 12 years on and at the tender age of 37

The sentiment has long disappeared in my book

I know it's not fabricated, but he played his best football at Everton and he was last at our club 12 long years ago

No matter how anyone sees it because it is subjective, I wouldn't use the word significant in the context of him re signing 12 years on and at the tender age of 37

The sentiment has long disappeared in my book
Jags is right up to date with the needs of the Premier League in 2019. Even if he’s only been bought to bolster the squad, he’ll be able to share his wealth of experience with the likes of Egan and O'Connel as well as slot in for Bash as/ if required like Stearman does for Egan. If his wages are ok, it’s a win-win for me.

Jags is right up to date with the needs of the Premier League in 2019. Even if he’s only been bought to bolster the squad, he’ll be able to share his wealth of experience with the likes of Egan and O'Connel as well as slot in for Bash as/ if required like Stearman does for Egan. If his wages are ok, it’s a win-win for me.

I don't disagree Gray

Where I differ with many is that I cannot label it significant, no matter into which context posters wish to pitch it in

I don't disagree Gray

Where I differ with many is that I cannot label it significant, no matter into which context posters wish to pitch it in
Agreed. A 37 year old on a free surely doesn’t really tick that box so hopefully there’s somebody else close as well. As for Jags, somebody’s just said that he could be a Premier League Jake Wright for us. That’s probably the way I see it if he signs.

Does anyone think that any of the blurred phone camera pictures from BDTBL earlier could be this guy?

Bollox. I thought it was Watkins from Brentford.

What's this talk of a press conference? I've been (randomly) at St James's Park today and only caught snippets.

Was the 'stadium cleared' so they could do all the photo shoots/social media videos with the incoming(s) so that it can all be released tomorrow morning in a synchronised barrage of tweets ?

Signing jagielka is a minus move too old and too slow ,will be a significant effect on our survival wil

If the club thinks that signing Jagielka is a 'significant' signing, we might as well reign in the hope for this season, because there's no way a bit part player at the very max can be classed as significant.

If giddings actually types like that, as a journo, then it explains a lot. Also, not sure a journalist would just be firing out news via twitter Dms, not going to do his relationship with the club any good is it, just to appease a random fan?

Also, why not show the whole DM conversation including the name of the person it's with, bizarre I know...

If the club thinks that signing Jagielka is a 'significant' signing, we might as well reign in the hope for this season, because there's no way a bit part player at the very max can be classed as significant.
As multiple people have pointed out, it's a significant "story" from a marketing perspective. It doesn't necessarily mean he's gonna be our main player or anything like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom