Chuba akpom and Cameron archer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not keen on buy-back clauses. I'd offer the matching rights, like the ones we plan to exploit in the future with Iliman Ndiaye... .... .... .. ;)

If Archer was a permanent then I'm guessing the remaining plan may be;

Smallbone / Hamer - permanent
OBrien - loan to buy
Palmer / McAtee / Doyle - loan
Akpom - permanent

A loan with an obligation to buy if we stay up would be the dream. offer them whatever. Buyback clauses, £20m next season, whatever. As long as it includes caveats such as games played or goals so we don’t spend £20m on another Brewster

WOOOOOF WOOOOOOF WOOOOOOF PANTS SCRATCHES EAR WOOOOOF FUCKING WOOOOF

BB says we are defo interested. Problem is of course whether CA is interested in us?

Loads of interested clubs so the pessimism in me reckons it ain’t happening
If we get AkPom Archer would want to come and vice versa.

go get them and Hamer, then 2 loans should see us good!

We won't get those 3 on perms. You're looking at £20m for Archer, £10m for Akpom and £12m for Hamer.
There's no way "best owna eva" signs off on spending that.

Like your optimism

I reckon we’ll be lucky to sign two of those, either loan or permanent
I'd probably just take that tbh

Probably be OBrien and one of the City lads

Smallbone should have been easy enough but we didn't move earlier in the summer like we should have. Always thought that if he actually got a chance there, they'd immediately want to keep him

Hamer I just don't think will fancy us

And Akpom will end up at Lens because they have the Openda 40m to reinvest

If Archer was a permanent then I'm guessing the remaining plan may be;

Smallbone / Hamer - permanent
OBrien - loan to buy
Palmer / McAtee / Doyle - loan
Akpom - permanent
At this point Archer, Akpom, Hamer on perms and O'Brien and one of the City lads on loan, feels like nothing more than a pipe dream.

I hope to be astounded, however.

At this point Archer, Akpom, Hamer on perms and O'Brien and one of the City lads on loan, feels like nothing more than a pipe dream.

I hope to be astounded, however.
But that is nevertheless what we need to aim for if we want to stay up

How about Archer and Akpom - with either of McAtee OR Palmer?
I think the money has gone then..
Also other loans for another midfielder, a defensive cover and keeper cover??
So 4 loans.
Not totally convinced with this plan, but maybe it is the best we will get?

Getting Archer in early would surely give us an advantage when it comes to getting Akpom too - it would make him more confident in coming here
thats an excellent point even if we cant get archer the fact that were interested in him might just influence akpoms decision to sign for us villa look reluctant to let archer out on loan but maybe they might lower their price if a cheap buy back is put in to the contract 🤔

thats an excellent point even if we cant get archer the fact that were interested in him might just influence akpoms decision to sign for us villa look reluctant to let archer out on loan but maybe they might lower their price if a cheap buy back is put in to the contract 🤔

Boro signing that Atalanta fella should help too

They need to get rid of buy back clauses.

You either loan the player and get a fraction of the financial benefit of a full transfer or you sell him and relinquish all ownership.

Third party ownership isn't allowed, yet a club can trigger the transfer of a key asset from an opponent at the drop of a hat with the opponent having no choice.

Same ball park. If he's deemed not good enough for you then that's it. It's not a library. You can't put a reserve out on him when you want.

This is just a way of getting around the desire to stockpile players so others can't have them. They are reducing loans each year but then this is just a creative way of replacing it.

They need to get rid of buy back clauses.

You either loan the player and get a fraction of the financial benefit of a full transfer or you sell him and relinquish all ownership.

Third party ownership isn't allowed, yet a club can trigger the transfer of a key asset from an opponent at the drop of a hat with the opponent having no choice.

Same ball park. If he's deemed not good enough for you then that's it. It's not a library. You can't put a reserve out on him when you want.

This is just a way of getting around the desire to stockpile players so others can't have them. They are reducing loans each year but then this is just a creative way of replacing it.
Hit it on the head again Champs ! No doubt this is what's happening.We did it with Ndiah as well.

We will see movement on akpom in the next week, Boro wanted £15m+ but the fee is going to be half that.

Cameron archer is a little more difficult, villa are currently pricing us out of a move and we want a loan with a buy option. Villa currently want £20m. This could go down to the wire.
Someone will pay it…sadly not us.

Sorry to dredge up an old post but either he isn't highly rated enough at Ajax or is Still injured as he isn't on the bench for their UEFA game tonight

Back
Top Bottom