Incoming? Callum O'Hare

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

At £20m we had no chance of landing him

£17.5 plus performance bonuses.

I would have forgone Hamer, Slim and Traore and gone for him myself. Whether he’d come to us over Sporting is another question.

Fantasy stuff, but could you imagine a strikeforce of him & Ndiaye? We would have had a shot at stopping up!

I would have forgone Hamer, Slim and Traore and gone for him myself. Whether he’d come to us over Sporting is another question.

Fantasy stuff, but could you imagine a strikeforce of him & Ndiaye? We would have had a shot at stopping up!
Notwithstanding the fact that we weren’t going to paying £17.5m either, the answer to your other question is probably no, he wasn’t.

If we’re dealing in fantasies, there are plenty of players who would improve us and give us a chance of stopping up, but in the real world it’s never going to happen. That’s not me being defeatist, just realistic.

Notwithstanding the fact that we weren’t going to paying £17.5m either, the answer to your other question is probably no, he wasn’t.

If we’re dealing in fantasies, there are plenty of players who would improve us and give us a chance of stopping up, but in the real world it’s never going to happen. That’s not me being defeatist, just realistic.

Wouldn’t put him down as unobtainable for a promoted team. I’m surprised no one had a go at him from the promoted clubs, he was in the last year of his deal and Coventry whilst putting about £25m would have accepted less based on the Sporting deal. I guess Luton had Carlton Morris already and commitments to improve facilities. Burnley burnt their cash on midfield largely and their GK - neck end of £50m.

That said if I had the choice between Lisbon, Manchester (Burnley), London (Luton) and Sheffield, I’d probably just about go for Lisbon anyway.

Or Guirassy and Ndiaye - that was my dream.....

That's how you stay up! A team of workhorses behind them would have been sufficient

Regards O'Hare, Hamer might be our best asset

Firstly, his own poor performance might put PL clubs off signing O'Hare (although given he's on a free, maybe not)

Secondly, he might be a reason to persuade O'Hare to sign for us. I bet they'd be confident of promotion if reunited here

It's ok, Wilder says "players are queuing up to come and play for us ", can't wait!

The sorts of players we need - solid top end championship players - probably are queuing up to sign for us

You can see it in Hamer. I think he's struggling with not having equally as good players around him.

Berge was much better with MGW and Ndiaye next to him as opposed to Fleck, Lundstram & Norwood.

I think Hamer would look fantastic in a Brentford, Palace or Forest team
Everything is 100mph,that’s why his passing is going astray and then loses shape cos Souza isn’t fast enough to cover him. It’s all a learning process but as said a huge step up for quite a few of them

Players aren't bursting to come to us, it's all positivity from the manager, like "I know I can do it" stuff, we don't pay wages or fees they want, as Berkshire says, we need a new owner and management team in from seasons end, new broom etc

Players aren't bursting to come to us, it's all positivity from the manager, like "I know I can do it" stuff, we don't pay wages or fees they want, as Berkshire says, we need a new owner and management team in from seasons end, new broom etc
Never said new manager. I think he's the best we can realistically get.

I seem to remember in the context of the interview this quote referred to Tom Davies having done a ring-round of his mates

Or Guirassy and Ndiaye - that was my dream.....

That's how you stay up! A team of workhorses behind them would have been sufficient

Regards O'Hare, Hamer might be our best asset

Firstly, his own poor performance might put PL clubs off signing O'Hare (although given he's on a free, maybe not)

Secondly, he might be a reason to persuade O'Hare to sign for us. I bet they'd be confident of promotion if reunited here
Of he has watched us this season ... Bomb scare it's a no from me ..

With the wages we pay maybe so, but plenty of young managers around
Our club isn’t a progressive club so to speak. We don’t have anything in place to help develop a young manager.

You have to give free reigns to a new manager like Hull have with Rosenior. But it’s taken them a few years to recruit players to be able to play from the back.

Then Rosenior comes in and spends an absolute fortune and it looks like they’ll not get promoted due to how strong Leeds or Southampton will be.

We need promotion in 2 years to make the most of our parachute payments. Personally I think that all comes down to our recruitment. Which worry’s me.

Watched him last night on the tele. He doesn’t want to be there at Coventry. Hardly tried a leg.

Watched him last night on the tele. He doesn’t want to be there at Coventry. Hardly tried a leg.

They played rubbish last night as a team. Clinton Morrison summed it up well. I think the gap is too big now between Championship and Premiership. 99% of top performers in the Championship to me are Darren Huckerby’s, or Knockhearts, or even Billy Sharps’. Too good for the championship, not consistent enough for the Premier League.

I don’t watch Championship football but I can’t ever get over enthusiastic about players in the Championship again after how our fans had me believing we had signed prime Kaka in Hamer & prime Jermaine Defoe in Archer.

I don’t watch Championship football but I can’t ever get over enthusiastic about players in the Championship again after how our fans had me believing we had signed prime Kaka in Hamer & prime Jermaine Defoe in Archer.
They’ve gone from teams winning most of the time and having the ball to a team that does neither. What were you expecting? They were never going to dominate.

There’s not a huge difference for bog standard players in the PL and the Championship. The big difference is the PL teams have 3 or 4 players who’d be the best players in the Championship.

They’ve gone from teams winning most of the time and having the ball to a team that does neither. What were you expecting? They were never going to dominate.

There’s not a huge difference for bog standard players in the PL and the Championship. The big difference is the PL teams have 3 or 4 players who’d be the best players in the Championship.
We'll see next season if Osula and Brooks shine I guess... If they do the gap is huge!

I am personally not even sure that Chris will want to be here next season?

Hardy had clubs knocking on his door offering him a contract

He's the one signing I'd be wanting us to prioritise for the summer. We need some midfield athletes in there, especially if Souza goes, but quality too. Him and Hamer would be class.

What was I expecting? Players who were good enough for the premier league what do you think I was expecting ffs? Some of our fans go well over the top when rating championship players because both are just decent championship players nothing more.. I remember loads going on about O’Brien also from Forest and were desperate for us to sign him as he was a top player apparently, could never understand that one and it’s since been proved he’s another average player.. moral of this story is never get your hopes up on a player until you watch them yourself to judge.

What was I expecting? Players who were good enough for the premier league what do you think I was expecting ffs? Some of our fans go well over the top when rating championship players because both are just decent championship players nothing more.. I remember loads going on about O’Brien also from Forest and were desperate for us to sign him as he was a top player apparently, could never understand that one and it’s since been proved he’s another average player.. moral of this story is never get your hopes up on a player until you watch them yourself to judge.
So you're saying "decent Championship players" can't play in the Premier League at all? That situation and circumstances are irrelevant? That the Premier League somehow has hundreds of squad players who'd all be the best player in the Championship?

So you're saying "decent Championship players" can't play in the Premier League at all? That situation and circumstances are irrelevant? That the Premier League somehow has hundreds of squad players who'd all be the best player in the Championship?
Who said that? Who?

I said our fans had me thinking they were better than they actually are when in reality are just decent championship players. You have took that and now just making things up..

Just a fucking contrarian for the sake of it

Who said that? Who?

I said our fans had me thinking they were better than they actually are when in reality are just decent championship players. You have took that and now just making things up..

Just a fucking contrarian for the sake of it
Have you got Tourettes?

They are both excellent Championship players who aren't good enough to shine in one of the worst Premier League teams of all time

Have you got Tourettes?

They are both excellent Championship players who aren't good enough to shine in one of the worst Premier League teams of all time
Tourette’s because I said you’re a fucking contrarian? Yeah ok.

And your last paragraph? You do know you are just agreeing with me don’t you, being a contrarian just to agree with me in the end. Some crack you are.

Back
Top Bottom