Who's the new left back?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
SSN stating we are close to signing a new left back. At least someone at the lane realises that Taylor and Stewart are not the answer, but who is? Anyone heard anything about who it is? i

Was it "Sky Sports News understands" or part of the transfer talk where they go through the papers?

I think we're linked with Tony Capaldi after his release from Cardiff. Could be him?? Not good enough i think.

yeh i've just seen that, knowing skysports it probably wont even be a left back, just a defender;

albin ebondo
tony capaldi
jay demerit

unfortunately the one we should of gone has already signed for Donny. Although until it is confirmed I'll hold out hope we can scupper them and nick him.

Local paper in Norwich states that we're after Tierney from Colchester along with Norwich, Middlesbrough and Bristol City. He's a left back. Lower league player similar to Taylor, sounds about right.

Local paper in Norwich states that we're after Tierney from Colchester along with Norwich, Middlesbrough and Bristol City. He's a left back. Lower league player similar to Taylor, sounds about right.

Sounds about right? What, lower league players?

Jamie Ward, Mike Williamson, Roger Johnson etc etc. Shit.

Very much a 'meh' signing.

Speaking to Leeds fans they say he was poor for them. It certainly doesn't inspire me knowing we have Stewart, Taylor and Capaldi as our selection of left backs.

I still think that Taylor will be a steady player for us next season with a regular back four. I'd agree that Stewart is shit though, but we didn't have a great deal of choice but to take him.

the left back or i would say he is more of a centre half is johannes ertl from palace claims sheffield star website apparantly we are holding talks with him not heard nothing on capaldi hope he is not coming

I rate Naysmith very highly in this league, but he has played less than 100 minutes last season and wants relatively big money over 2 years.

One thing that Capaldi will give us is a better quality of cross and a bit more of an overlap than Naysmith.

Will still miss the latter's excellent positional sense though.

I think Naysmith added that bit of quality at the back, don't know much about Capaldi, I take it he's getting on a bit?

I personally don't rate Taylor or Stewart, IMO neither of them are good enough to be squad players.

I rate Naysmith very highly in this league, but he has played less than 100 minutes last season and wants relatively big money over 2 years.

I can understand that argument but from my point of view he isn't exactly an injury prone player. Yes he spent 12 months out injured but it was a bit of a freak injury in the sense that it was quite innocuous. He was also due to come back much earlier before we put too much pressure on his recovery and he ended up having a set back.

If he is demanding high wages still (which he insisted he wasnt) then unsurprisingly we have not met his terms. Despite that his absence showed in a big way last season. Based on his previous fitness record and the quality of the player he was worth offering decent terms to IMO. Whoever we sign now is unlikely to be of the same calibre, as he was arguably one of the best full backs in the Championship. It just seems to me that he was realistically attainable if a League One side can pull him in. Huddersfield must have much more money than I realise!

I think Naysmith added that bit of quality at the back, don't know much about Capaldi, I take it he's getting on a bit?

I personally don't rate Taylor or Stewart, IMO neither of them are good enough to be squad players.

28 - so not too bad.

It's GOT to be Capaldi, look at his Wiki page and one of the first things it says is that he is a "long-throw" expert............................

Im with Lou on this one. I sit next to a guy who thinks he was a pretty decent signing. Personally I can't remember him having a good game. He's a liability in my opinion.

Nyatanga is mainly a centre back, another position we are woefully short on. Half-decent player though

Back
Top Bottom