One To Watch

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jonathan Spokeyjack. Vanuatu international striker.

Can't imagine he's any good but his name is outstanding.
Spokeyjack Spokeyjack, cant be worse than Oli Mac, whose fuckin cack,
Oh no no😜

This lad is literally destined to play for a Sheffield club 💧
Mistake we made was, as soon as we got promoted and knew Ndiaye was off, we should have just offered to swap our squad and management team with Coventry’s!

Mistake we made was, as soon as we got promoted and knew Ndiaye was off, we should have just offered to swap our squad and management team with Coventry’s!
They are 7th in the Championship 😂

Iroegbunham at Villa might be worth a look in the summer he’s 20 now and not really forcing his way into their side. He’s one they could be looking to move on in the summer

Kian Brekin 20 at Man City also might be available in the summer he’s had a rough loan at Wycombe this year but was linked to Southampton and Leeds on a perm in the summer and the lad has talent. If because of the bad loan and his age City look to move on from him this summer he could be a shrewd pick up on the cheap. Lots of examples of players leaving top academies either for free or on the cheap and kicking on in their careers pretty soon afterwards. Plus he’s one of ours so he’d annoy everyone with his Bladeyness but in all seriousness he’d know the club and be unlikely to come in with a big ego.

Sodje is 20 now as well and might be available this summer he’s another one in their 21’s that came through here.

Last edited:
Iroegbunham at Villa might be worth a look in the summer he’s 20 now and not really forcing his way into their side. He’s one they could be looking to move on in the summer
Could Jhon Duran be available for a season loan?

He's looked like a great prospect but surprisingly has only started 1 league game for them since signing over a year ago

He'd smash the championship. It would make sense at his age to have a good full season in that league

Alfie Devine may be a good shout for next season. Already played plenty with Blaster, so will have a good understanding. Not sure how he's doing at Plymouth like...

Could Jhon Duran be available for a season loan?

He's looked like a great prospect but surprisingly has only started 1 league game for them since signing over a year ago

He'd smash the championship. It would make sense at his age to have a good full season in that league
He be a good shout on loan. I think we’ll probably need to bring in a striker and an attacking midfielder on loan and he’d be an ambitious target

One for the academy 17 year old left back Junior Moses playing for Cockfosters FC so way way down the pyramid but he went on trial at AC Milan last year and has spent time with Spurs in their academy previously. He got 6 goals and assists whilst on trial for Milan but didn’t get offered a contract he could be worth a look for the academy sides

Tyrhys Dolan (22)

Right winger currently playing for Blackburn and out of contract in the summer, though they do have an option to extend.

5'6 tall, quick, skillful. He's scored 5 and got 3 assists so far this season and has played a lot of games at only 22.

He has bags of potential to go on to better things.

Dolan would be a smart pickup. He looks like a versatile attacking player, not dissimilar to Duffy. Might be on the verge of a breakout season

We need permanent attacking midfielders and if we can get a good young one like him relatively cheap then we should

Kian Brekin 20 at Man City also might be available in the summer he’s had a rough loan at Wycombe this year but was linked to Southampton and Leeds on a perm in the summer and the lad has talent. If because of the bad loan and his age City look to move on from him this summer he could be a shrewd pick up on the cheap. Lots of examples of players leaving top academies either for free or on the cheap and kicking on in their careers pretty soon afterwards. Plus he’s one of ours so he’d annoy everyone with his Bladeyness but in all seriousness he’d know the club and be unlikely to come in with a big ego.

Sodje is 20 now as well and might be available this summer he’s another one in their 21’s that came through here.
On transfermarkt it says Breckin was at Rotherham before City? I’d assume he was a Miller through his Dad?
When was Sodje with us, Yogi?

On transfermarkt it says Breckin was at Rotherham before City? I’d assume he was a Miller through his Dad?
When was Sodje with us, Yogi?
Sodje signed for City when he was 16 so it’s have been around 2019/20 I remember the press coming into meadowhead school to do a piece on him when he signed.

Breckin was definitely with us we lost him as a youngster when Clough was manager there’s even pictures of him playing for us.

Cameron Brannagan (27)

Central Midfielder currently playing for Oxford United in League One.

5'11, he's scored 10 goals and has 9 assists this season. He's younger and more mobile than Oli Norwood and would bring experience to our young midfield, and would bring an end product from midfield.

He's currently under contract until 2025 and wants to play at Championship level. He has a clause in his contract where he can talk to clubs if the set fee is offered.

Could be worth a punt as our midfield is crying out for mobility and a goal threat from the centre.

If Oxford don't get promoted to the Championship via the play offs then he'll likely be gone this summer, as he'll be entering the last year of his contract and unlikely to commit to another one and remain in League One for another season at his age, when he has ambitions to play in the Championship. With him being in League One the release fee in his contract won't be over £10mil, it'd likely be around £2-3mil max. His last contract had a release fee of £1.2mil which Blackpool triggered, but he signed a new deal with Oxford instead. Even then, we could potentially get him for less due to him wanting the step up and having one year left on his current deal. He'd be better value than Traore or Slimane at that price range.

The risk is that he's played his whole career at League One, but on the flip side he's really hit consistent form over the last three seasons, and this season has been a stand out career best. I think he'd be worth the gamble. Anything is better than Norwood!

Last edited:
Ephron Mason-Clark (24)

Currently plays for Peterborough on loan from Coventry City. He's a left winger who can also play on the right and as a striker.

He's 5'8 tall, he's strong and has explosive pace. He currently plays as part of an advanced midfield three behind the loan striker and has 14 goals and 6 assists in the league, 2 goals and 1 assist in 4 FA Cup matches and 3 goals and 4 assists in 5 EFL trophy matches.

The main stumbling block is that he's under contract until 2028 and Coventry may well use him if they fail to go up via the play offs, and with O'Hare leaving at the end of the season.

Cameron Brannagan (27)

Central Midfielder currently playing for Oxford United in League One.

5'11, he's scored 10 goals and has 9 assists this season. He's younger and more mobile than Oli Norwood and would bring experience to our young midfield, and would bring an end product from midfield.

He's currently under contract until 2025 and wants to play at Championship level. He has a clause in his contract where he can talk to clubs if the set fee is offered.

Could be worth a punt as our midfield is crying out for mobility and a goal threat from the centre.

If Oxford don't get promoted to the Championship via the play offs then he'll likely be gone this summer, as he'll be entering the last year of his contract and unlikely to commit to another one and remain in League One for another season at his age, when he has ambitions to play in the Championship. With him being in League One the release fee in his contract won't be over £10mil, it'd likely be around £2-3mil max. His last contract had a release fee of £1.2mil which Blackpool triggered, but he signed a new deal with Oxford instead. Even then, we could potentially get him for less due to him wanting the step up and having one year left on his current deal. He'd be better value than Traore or Slimane at that price range.

The risk is that he's played his whole career at League One, but on the flip side he's really hit consistent form over the last three seasons, and this season has been a stand out career best. I think he'd be worth the gamble. Anything is better than Norwood!
Brannigan was a youth player at Liverpool.I think he was there at Oxford while Wilder was manager so will know of him.

Ephron Mason-Clark (24)

Currently plays for Peterborough on loan from Coventry City. He's a left winger who can also play on the right and as a striker.

He's 5'8 tall, he's strong and has explosive pace. He currently plays as part of an advanced midfield three behind the loan striker and has 14 goals and 6 assists in the league, 2 goals and 1 assist in 4 FA Cup matches and 3 goals and 4 assists in 5 EFL trophy matches.

The main stumbling block is that he's under contract until 2028 and Coventry may well use him if they fail to go up via the play offs, and with O'Hare leaving at the end of the season.
I mentioned him and got shot down for it, I'd rather take these sort of players than stick with sicknotes and oldies that we have, tin helmet now being deployed!

I mentioned him and got shot down for it, I'd rather take these sort of players than stick with sicknotes and oldies that we have, tin helmet now being deployed!
Premier League teams poach the best players from the Championship and often find a gem. We shouldn't rule out League One where fees are lower and so are the wages.

The other lad at Peterborough, Kwame Poky has also caught my eye, and will likely get snapped up by a Championship club this summer if they don't go up.

22 years old, 5'10 tall, right winger but can play on the left and as a striker. He's equally good at shooting and passing with both feet. Like Mason-Clark he plays in an advanced midfield role behind the loan striker, often in a central position.

This season he's scored 11 goals and got 7 assists in 34 league games, and 1 goal and 1 assist in 3 EFL trophy matches.

He's under contract until the end of next season and Peterborough don't have an option to extend, so there's a good chance of snapping him up this summer if the Posh fail to go up.

We've probably got a better chance of getting Poku than Mason-Clark. It would be like having Duffy back again.

I thought there was a thread about him a couple of years back but i cant find it, he sounded promising then
So far out of all the players I've looked at Brannagan is the one I'd love to see us sign as I can see Arblaster and Brooks playing well alongside him, or Bogle if have him another year as a winger.

Jack Henry Francis 20 defensive midfielder for Arsenals under 21’s he’s and Irish under 21 international and despite being a mainstay for their 21’s and training with their first team he’s struggled to breakthrough and you’d think at that age might be heading out to forge a career elsewhere

I think someone like Tom Dele Bashiru at Watford would compliment our existing midfield options

Premier League teams poach the best players from the Championship and often find a gem. We shouldn't rule out League One where fees are lower and so are the wages.

The other lad at Peterborough, Kwame Poky has also caught my eye, and will likely get snapped up by a Championship club this summer if they don't go up.

22 years old, 5'10 tall, right winger but can play on the left and as a striker. He's equally good at shooting and passing with both feet. Like Mason-Clark he plays in an advanced midfield role behind the loan striker, often in a central position.

This season he's scored 11 goals and got 7 assists in 34 league games, and 1 goal and 1 assist in 3 EFL trophy matches.

He's under contract until the end of next season and Peterborough don't have an option to extend, so there's a good chance of snapping him up this summer if the Posh fail to go up.

We've probably got a better chance of getting Poku than Mason-Clark. It would be like having Duffy back again.
Barry Fry was on 5 live last night and I think he said they turned down 16 mil in transfer fees for their players because the prospective buyers refused a loan back deal,Coventry went with that,but the other players,whoever they are,are wanted men

Barry Fry was on 5 live last night and I think he said they turned down 16 mil in transfer fees for their players because the prospective buyers refused a loan back deal,Coventry went with that,but the other players,whoever they are,are wanted men
I kind of get that, but if you have a player clearly too good for League One then it would be unreasonable to demand that you get them back on loan after selling them.

I get it with young unproven players who need experience before playing at the next level. For example, Osula. If we sold him to a Premier League team then it would make sense to have him back on loan as part of the deal, as he needs to gain experience at Championship level first (though it worked out for Calvert-Lewin). But say we didn't go up last season and sold Ndiaye to a Premier League club, there would be nothing to gain for him or them in keeping him at Championship level.

So I can kind of see where Fry is coming from, but if they're demanding that all players sold to a higher division are loaned back, then no one will do business with them and the players could easily wind down their contracts. It's a risky strategy.

One thing we'd have in our favour with Poku for example, is that he's about to enter the last year of his contract. As of August every month he plays his value decreases and in January he can start talking to other clubs. All it takes is the right bid from the right club and the player and his agent gain control of the move over the selling club. Look at Berge. Poku is a young player in League One, so his wages would be relatively low in comparison to our first team. Most players in League One don't go for much more than £2-3mil max, even in today's market, so Fry is either exaggerating when he says £16mil or perhaps it was £6mil and you misheard him (fair enough if you did).

Jack Henry Francis 20 defensive midfielder for Arsenals under 21’s he’s and Irish under 21 international and despite being a mainstay for their 21’s and training with their first team he’s struggled to breakthrough and you’d think at that age might be heading out to forge a career elsewhere

But people playing for the Irish u21s are non league level shit. At least that's what someone said when I tried talking up Curtis

Back
Top Bottom