Warnock Again :-)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

To be honest he has put up with things that no other manager has had to deal with in recent seasons. I mean what other manager has had to deal with chairman with little football experience, player power and the availability of social media on which fans and players can express their opinions.

How he managed to keep a handle these unique problems whilst being handed wads of cash to improve his squad is beyond me. Should've got a medal not the sack...

Heard the interview. Man can't help himself. Loathesome toad of an individual is Neil. Best we get him back here so we can listen to his voice once more.

Liking the new excuse of social media being to blame. Well Neil, if it weren't for the fact no one likes you then perhaps people would start to say nice things about you.

Bet he has one more job in him though.

I'm shocked that Neil thinks his dismissal is nothing to do with poor results, tactical ineptitude or transfer market incompetence. Shocked I tell you.

I'm only surprised it isn't Sean Bean's fault again.

I agree. Some Championship club is bound to make him an offer sooner or later, and I can see why they would do that. They just need to remember to fire him if he wins promotion...

Just confirms what I have always thought of the bloke. T**t

Unlike QPR playing 4-5-1 at home, the Daily Mash hits the target:

NEIL Warnock has blamed critics for his dismissal, claiming they posed as opposition footballers that kept beating his team.

Queens Park Rangers' chairman Tony Fernandes sacked Warnock earlier this month, stating that the short-term vision of the club had been realigned to focus more on not getting their arses kicked all the time.

But dinner lady-faced anagram Warnock said: “Football critics have been infiltrating every echelon of football in a concerted effort to make me appear to the untrained eye like a cack-brained buffoon that couldn’t manage to get eleven sheep to shit in a field.

“They have an agenda of stopping the world from seeing the true magnificence of Neil Warnock and they are ultimately to blame for what people mistakenly believe are my manifest failings.”

Warnock has produced a 1,293-page dossier detailing the various ways critics have conspired to ruin his career, from steering radio-controlled footballs 35 yards over the crossbar during matches to his belief that Adel Taarabt is actually bearded, 22-stone Daily Mail columnist Martin Samuel in disguise.

He estimates that one in three opposition players were actually football pundits dressed as professional athletes, confusing his side into submission by bombarding them with questions about the percentage of effort they were giving during matches.

He also claims that his 6-0 defeat against Fulham this season never actually happened, with the game actually being a scrappy 1-0 win for QPR, but the critics spread so many rumours of his side being humped that they were eventually believed to be true.

Warnock added “One day, my sacking will be seen as a conspiracy to rival the JFK assassination, the only difference being that people were quite sad when that happened.”

If you do your job well, get results, play the right tactics, sign the right players, then you win games. If you're centre back pairing is Danny Gabbidon and Anton Ferdinand, and you're playing Jay Bothroyd as a lone striker, then you're not going to stay in the Premier League.

I think, once again, Neil Warnock's poor transfer dealings and his love of 4-5-1 has let him down again, i think he needs to learn from his mistakes and stop blaming others.

Heard the interview. Man can't help himself. Loathesome toad of an individual is Neil. Best we get him back here so we can listen to his voice once more.

Liking the new excuse of social media being to blame. Well Neil, if it weren't for the fact no one likes you then perhaps people would start to say nice things about you.

I like him!!

Warnocks a legend in my book and always will be! Id also say hes the best Champi0onship manager going and personally I want him as England manager

Funny that hes bigging up Kia Joorabchian though, Tevez to QPR maybe?

I like him!!

Warnocks a legend in my book and always will be! Id also say hes the best Champi0onship manager going and personally I want him as England manager

Funny that hes bigging up Kia Joorabchian though, Tevez to QPR maybe?

He was a legend when he got us promoted, but true Warnock came through in the end. We weren't good enough to stay in the Premiership because of his cack handed transfer dealings and has been alluded to at QPR he couldn't get the big names through the door no matter how much they paid them. Other peoples cast offs yes, but no one of actual class who was a wanted man. A case of "I'm not playing for that prick" I think.

You seriously want Neil Warnock for England Manager? Get help man. :)

QPR were a second-rate club struggling to avoid relegation to the third tier when Warnock took over.
They’d thrown money at one big name manager after another in an effort to get promoted and none had managed it. Most hadn’t even come close.
He saved them from relegation, restored their pride as a club, added thousands to the average attendance, earned them promotion and many millions in Premiership money.
Then at the first sign of a downturn, they forget all about the years of struggle, how low they had come from, everything Warnock had done for them and they rewarded him with the sack.

Substitute QPR above for Sheffield United and it pretty much sums up our recent history as well.
The main difference being that most QPR fans appreciate what a good job overall Warnock did for their club and most Sheffield United fans apparently don’t.

QPR were a second-rate club struggling to avoid relegation to the third tier when Warnock took over.
They’d thrown money at one big name manager after another in an effort to get promoted and none had managed it. Most hadn’t even come close.
He saved them from relegation, restored their pride as a club, added thousands to the average attendance, earned them promotion and many millions in Premiership money.
Then at the first sign of a downturn, they forget all about the years of struggle, how low they had come from, everything Warnock had done for them and they rewarded him with the sack.

Substitute QPR above for Sheffield United and it pretty much sums up our recent history as well.
The main difference being that most QPR fans appreciate what a good job overall Warnock did for their club and most Sheffield United fans apparently don’t.

Or to spin it differently QPR got him out becasue he had done as much as he could and saw the signs of him cracking (blaming everyone else for the poor form), saw that he couldn't get the big names in they wanted and so booted him out? Someone said to me the other day they were sad Warnock had gone because they were looking forward to him completing his hattrick. True words as I saw it. I'm still laughing though because you will hear from him on how it was all a big injustice on an almost daily basis from now until......well until he gets his next job and it all starts again.

with the clown they have replaced Sir Neil with there is only one way to go .............................down !

Or to spin it differently QPR got him out becasue he had done as much as he could and saw the signs of him cracking (blaming everyone else for the poor form), saw that he couldn't get the big names in they wanted and so booted him out?

Certainly very interesting that NW was allowed to put in bids for Alex and Onuohra, then the manager changes, yet these players are the ones Hughes has coincidentally targeted to bring in. Anyone know who the players' agent is?

I see Brendan Rodgers is in the press today over a new contract. His current one expires at the end of the season, but he's asking for one now? Disgraceful really. No doubt all the Swansea fans will hold this against him if they end up doing a Blackpool the rest of the season.

Certainly very interesting that NW was allowed to put in bids for Alex and Onuohra, then the manager changes, yet these players are the ones Hughes has coincidentally targeted to bring in. Anyone know who the players' agent is?

Is this a rhetorical question? If not - it's the one and only Kia Joorabchian, who mysteriously also provides agency services to Mr Mark Hughes.

I see Brendan Rodgers is in the press today over a new contract. His current one expires at the end of the season, but he's asking for one now? Disgraceful really. No doubt all the Swansea fans will hold this against him if they end up doing a Blackpool the rest of the season.

If that's an analogy to Warnock it's slightly off the mark as it's not seeking all the possible attention to himself in the build-up to a crucial last game decider. If he's still not signed and their last game is at home to Bolton (I'm making this up) and instead of talking up his team in the week leading up to that game he spends it bleating about a new contract; then the Swansea fans could rightly question whether his focus was in the right place. Hypothetically.

Oh this is fun. Can we keep going please?

He was a legend when he got us promoted, but true Warnock came through in the end. We weren't good enough to stay in the Premiership because of his cack handed transfer dealings and has been alluded to at QPR he couldn't get the big names through the door no matter how much they paid them. Other peoples cast offs yes, but no one of actual class who was a wanted man. A case of "I'm not playing for that prick" I think.

You seriously want Neil Warnock for England Manager? Get help man. :)

We werent good enough for the prem by 1 goal and we can all list probably 10 very dubious decisions throughout that season that cost us that 1 goal, Stevey cheating barstewed G on the first day springs to mind let alone all the Tevez fiasco.

I do want him as England manager too, think he would get that bunch of premadonnas actually playing with pride like so many other national teams seem to. Not many players would say they dont want to play for England because he was manager too so we wouldn't have that problem

lets get rid of all the characters in football management ,then we can spend all our time listening to whispering fuckwits talking in cliches about anything and everything

so mark hughes can bring in big money signings and warnock cant but so what ? i mean as soon as qpr dont match hughes ambitions he will be off to the next big spending tools who need a big name manager to sign big name players

if it wasnt for warnock they wouldnt even be in the greediest league in the world

If you do your job well, get results, play the right tactics, sign the right players, then you win games. If you're centre back pairing is Danny Gabbidon and Anton Ferdinand, and you're playing Jay Bothroyd as a lone striker, then you're not going to stay in the Premier League.

I think, once again, Neil Warnock's poor transfer dealings and his love of 4-5-1 has let him down again, i think he needs to learn from his mistakes and stop blaming others.

Spot on really.

He can't hack it a Premiership level and he hasn't got the pulling power to bring high profile players as they would rather not play for him.

If he was bold enough to say "Maybe I am not cut out as a Premier League manager" then Id have a lot more respect for him these days.

I've watched QPR a few times on TV and mostly at home and your right its still 4 5 1 with Bothroyd fluffing everything he gets close to. Taarabt is in and out the team like a yo-yo yet is still there best player IMO.

He hasn't got the pulling power to bring high profile players as they would rather not play for him.

Maybe "high profile" players don't want to battle relegation in front of 18,000 fans every week.
So far Hughes has signed those household names Onouha, Taiwo and Piennar.
Are they really more "high profile" than England Internationals Barton, Wright-Phillips and Bothroyd?
All promoted clubs have to scrabble around in the cast-offs market for their first season.
I suspect QPR under Hughes will be no different.

Warnock rubs a lot of people up the wrong way, but despite people claiming otherwise, he's a Blade. He used to stand on the kop as a young man. If the Wigan game had turned out differently he'd be welcomed back by all fans at the Lane, as an opposition manager or a spectator, and his "Legend"status would be cemented.

As it stands, he's actually hated by many and hasn't ever been back apart from as QPR manager. I don't blame him for staying away. Blades fans are a fickle bunch.

a lot of people in this thread had to smile through gritted teeth at our promotion as they couldnt enjoy it ,such was their hatred for the manager who made it happen

they seemed to enjoy it a lot more the next season when the same manager got us relegated

lets get rid of all the characters in football management ,then we can spend all our time listening to whispering fuckwits talking in cliches about anything and everything

so mark hughes can bring in big money signings and warnock cant but so what ? i mean as soon as qpr dont match hughes ambitions he will be off to the next big spending tools who need a big name manager to sign big name players

if it wasnt for warnock they wouldnt even be in the greediest league in the world

I give you Danny Wilson, Gary Johnson, Ian Holloway, Brendan Rodgers and a cast of christ knows how many other managers I would prefer to hear talk about football than old cock nose. Fact is Warnock has been proven not to be good enough at the top level. On three seperate occasions he has had teams hovering around relegation. On 2 occasions they went down. QPR just fired him before he did it to them. But he's a character so god love him.

Don't mistake character with self obsessed arsehole.

Warnock rubs a lot of people up the wrong way, but despite people claiming otherwise, he's a Blade. He used to stand on the kop as a young man. If the Wigan game had turned out differently he'd be welcomed back by all fans at the Lane, as an opposition manager or a spectator, and his "Legend"status would be cemented.

As it stands, he's actually hated by many and hasn't ever been back apart from as QPR manager. I don't blame him for staying away. Blades fans are a fickle bunch.

He brought Palace to the Lane on 29/12/07 and won 1-0. At the end the kop was chanting "there's only one Neil Warnock".

In the defense of Warnock, it should be noted that Warnock was given no money to buy players after they won promotion when Briatore and Ecclestone where owners / chairmen. All the transfers below were mostly free transfers whilst Campbell was undisclosed

Date Pos. Name From Fee Source
13 July 2011 FW Jay Bothroyd Cardiff City Free
13 July 2011 MF Kieron Dyer West Ham United Free
25 July 2011 DF Danny Gabbidon West Ham United Free
4 August 2011 FW DJ Campbell Blackpool Undisclosed
10 August 2011 GK Brian Murphy Ipswich Town Free
11 August 2011 DF Bruno Perone Tombense Free

Then on the 18th Aug, Fernandes bought the club leaving NW 13 days to find news players which isn't much to put a team together to play in the PL.

, buying

26 August 2011 MF Joey Barton Newcastle United Free
27 August 2011 DF Luke Young Aston Villa Undisclosed
30 August 2011 DF Armand Traoré Arsenal Undisclosed
31 August 2011 MF Shaun Wright-Phillips Manchester City Undisclosed
31 August 2011 DF Anton Ferdinand Sunderland Undisclosed

At the time, it was clear no-one wanted to play for QPR regardless of their manager. Yes, maybe NW should of thought about his players such as Barton but when you have only two weeks to get your team sorted before the window shuts (often teams have many weeks to decide who they want) then he did the best he could. You have to remember that the PL season had already started and players where expected to fit straight it.

Finally, "I give you Danny Wilson, Gary Johnson, Ian Holloway, Brendan Rodgers and a cast of christ knows how many other managers I would prefer to hear talk about football than old cock nose. Fact is Warnock has been proven not to be good enough at the top level. On three seperate occasions he has had teams hovering around relegation. On 2 occasions they went down. QPR just fired him before he did it to them"

How many promotions have these people achieved individually (Danny Wilson 2, Gary Johnson 3, Ian Holloway 2, Brendan Rodgers 1)? Warnock has 7 to his name.You may not like him but he knows what he is doing. It just a shame that the PL is beyond him.

I give you Danny Wilson, Gary Johnson, Ian Holloway, Brendan Rodgers and a cast of christ knows how many other managers I would prefer to hear talk about football than old cock nose. Fact is Warnock has been proven not to be good enough at the top level. On three seperate occasions he has had teams hovering around relegation. On 2 occasions they went down. QPR just fired him before he did it to them. But he's a character so god love him.

Don't mistake character with self obsessed arsehole.

Do you know Neil personally Bladesway?

Back
Top Bottom