The last time United fans saw Everton at the Lane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

“The opening 45 minutes was a truly dreadful affair, marked by a succession of free-kicks and what appeared to be an unofficial attempt on the world record for the number of throw-ins in a single game.”

That’s the best piece of match reporting I’ve read in ages.

Due to Covid we never saw Everton play at Bramall Lane during our last stint in the Premier League. You have to go back to March 2007, a 1-1 draw, Rob Hulse scored with what must have been one of his last goals for us.
I used my brother's season ticket that day. Andy Johnson, not the Santos assailant, the other one,was accused of diving for the penalty but Paddy Kenny pulled him down . Ahmed Fathi played for us that day.

“The opening 45 minutes was a truly dreadful affair, marked by a succession of free-kicks and what appeared to be an unofficial attempt on the world record for the number of throw-ins in a single game.”

That’s the best piece of match reporting I’ve read in ages.
That's a prediction for today

I remember walking back feeling pretty deflated even though at the time a draw saw us go fairly comfortably clear of the relegation zone, maybe it’s the United fan part of me always fearing the worst but I had a bad feeling about the season after watching that game - unfortunately we all know the rest

I also had United 1-0 Hulse first scorer so my bet was ruined, stupid Everton

Back
Top Bottom