Robinson is a problem

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Everybody has a mistake or two in real life, including footballers, get a life, he's been one of our most consitant `layers this season.
His mistakes are like Frank Spencer trying to play football though. It's weird as a lot of the time he's solid and not shaky whatsoever and then suddenly he's struggling to kick it and it leads to a goal.

Jack is trying to mark two players Which explains the backing off after Souza with no support from Thomas or Norwood tries to tackle two players on his own. Trusty out of position probably covering for the completely Hopeless and out of position Luke Thomas. having To start him against City must have been giving wilder nightmares. Trusty also neshed out of clearing the cross for the second fearing an own goal and so handed player behind him a tap in. Based on performance this season Robbo is my first choice central defender.

I think that's a fair assessment, Jack is often found having to cover for other players, Egan did the same,
the thought of Norwood trying to tackle two players gives me nightmares

Which starting eleven from our squad then ?

Which players have looked PL quality.
The tricky problem with this is that once you have say 7 players starting that aren't PL quality, its very hard for the other 4 (these are example numbers) to look good even if they actually are up to PL standards. McAtee has probably shown the most class, and Archer would probably score a respectable number if he played for a team that isn't constantly defending.. We'll have neither with us next season :(

The tricky problem with this is that once you have say 7 players starting that aren't PL quality, its very hard for the other 4 (these are example numbers) to look good even if they actually are up to PL standards. McAtee has probably shown the most class, and Archer would probably score a respectable number if he played for a team that isn't constantly defending.. We'll have neither with us next season :(
But we signed Souza and Hamer and they aren’t PL level either. It’s been a horrific window.

Wilder got stick for Brewster and some others (rightly so) but they were still top end championship players that had done it before.

Now we have Souza / Traore / Slimane who I don’t see suiting or doing well in the championship.

But we signed Souza and Hamer and they aren’t PL level either. It’s been a horrific window.

Wilder got stick for Brewster and some others (rightly so) but they were still top end championship players that had done it before.

Now we have Souza / Traore / Slimane who I don’t see suiting or doing well in the championship.

I think all 3 with a year of experience and playing under Wilder, who’s tactically miles ahead of Hecky and squeezes every last drop, to make us a play as a team.

I want a younger, more althletic side. Think all 3 fit into that. Unfortunately, they’ve been thrown into the deep end, through no fault of their own. I don’t think it’s fair to assess after playing in the hardest most demanding league in the world, under a tactically inept manager.

He’s had a good season by his standards, but that’s just the issue. By his standards.

He was at fault last week, rag dolled by Adebayo (as was Anel). This time, his fault again for the first goal, backing off and backing off.

As bad as Wes has been (he’s just nearly been caught out again…), Robinson is no better. Both played out of their skin at times yet still both miles off the standard required and the fact we still have them in our team in the Premier League is absolutely hilarious. Same goes for Norwood, and plenty of them in reality.

For all the praise he’s got which I’ve found a bit ridiculous, I’ve still thought he’s been pretty poor by and large compared to Trusty. Would love us to buy a real leader for next season.
Well, yeah. There are loads of threads already about how we needed to buy loads of (higher quality) players but didn't have enough money and can't attract (or scout) them ahead of other teams.

JLT has certainly been one of our better players over the course of the season so far. But yes, that explains why we're bottom.

Robinson is a great defender in The Championship; he's a Championship-level defender where heading and kicking the ball are adequate. My guess is that Trusty was earmarked to replace him, leaving Anel-Egan/Trusty back 3, with Robinson and Bash as backup. Every one of them has been out injured at some stage, along with 5 different LWBs and 2 RWBs so it's no surprise Robinson has struggled but battled hard. He'll be a key player next season.

Robinson is a great defender in The Championship; he's a Championship-level defender where heading and kicking the ball are adequate. My guess is that Trusty was earmarked to replace him, leaving Anel-Egan/Trusty back 3, with Robinson and Bash as backup. Every one of them has been out injured at some stage, along with 5 different LWBs and 2 RWBs so it's no surprise Robinson has struggled but battled hard. He'll be a key player next season.
JLT is the least of our problems

Souza seems to have improved a bit under Wilder but I'll need more convincing. Hamer is one of the players where, given his reputation at Championship level, you just think maybe if he had more quality around him we might see more from him? It's hard to give Hecky stick as we knew he had to do a complete overhaul and then the Prince sent him to Matalan to do the shopping. Ultimately what we need is for the Prince to go and Billionaire to come in. Until then I expect a bumpy ride.

Souza seems to have improved a bit under Wilder but I'll need more convincing. Hamer is one of the players where, given his reputation at Championship level, you just think maybe if he had more quality around him we might see more from him? It's hard to give Hecky stick as we knew he had to do a complete overhaul and then the Prince sent him to Matalan to do the shopping. Ultimately what we need is for the Prince to go and Billionaire to come in. Until then I expect a bumpy ride.
We went to matalan and paid Harrods prices then complaining it’s not Harrods quality.

We went to matalan and paid Harrods prices then complaining it’s not Harrods quality.
Harrods might be overstating it... more like House of Fraser. You get the point though that some of our signings would look better if they were actually in a Premier League worthy team rather than surrounded by Championship players?

Do any of us know exactly what the deal is with Archer and Villa ?

Do any of us know exactly what the deal is with Archer and Villa ?
I can’t see Villa wanting to pay that much to get him back, I think he’ll still be with us but I realise I’m in a minority with that view. I think he’ll do very well with us next season too.

I can’t see Villa wanting to pay that much to get him back, I think he’ll still be with us but I realise I’m in a minority with that view. I think he’ll do very well with us next season too.
That assumes that Villa have a buy back option rather than an obligation to take him and repay us if we are relegated

That assumes that Villa have a buy back option rather than an obligation to take him and repay us if we are relegated
I’m sure it was only a buy back option? That’s what I remember from the time anyway.

I’m sure it was only a buy back option? That’s what I remember from the time anyway.
They would only buy back if they could sell him on at more than we are paying. No evidence yet that his value has risen.
If he scores a hat load of goals in the next few months then he would be more valuable band we would stay up !!!!

They would only buy back if they could sell him on at more than we are paying. No evidence yet that his value has risen.
If he scores a hat load of goals in the next few months then he would be more valuable band we would stay up !!!!
As I said earlier, I think he’ll be with us next season.

Sure it’s a mandatory buy back clause. If (lol) we go down they have to buy him back. Not sure what happens if he doesn’t want to go back to villa mind.. sure I read somewhere it took a little longer as he needed to agree a new contract should that happen/EPL agreeing the deal was kosher.

Does money change hands ?
Not sure but the reports at the time were that we paid around 50% up front and the remainder at the end of this season. Presumably we get what we’ve paid back if he goes to Villa.

From what I remember (and I could be wrong) the buy back was based on us in the PL, there were 2 options:

1) Relegation - this was a certainty that he’d go back for the same value as he was bought for.

2) Stay up - they had an option to buy back, presumably by a certain date for more than we’d paid.

He had to agree contracts for both eventualities, hence the delay in the deal getting finalised.

From what I remember (and I could be wrong) the buy back was based on us in the PL, there were 2 options:

1) Relegation - this was a certainty that he’d go back for the same value as he was bought for.

2) Stay up - they had an option to buy back, presumably by a certain date for more than we’d paid.

He had to agree contracts for both eventualities, hence the delay in the deal getting finalised.
You could well be right HB, I’m not 100% sure myself, just thought I’d read it somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom