Neil Warnock

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As I come up over the snake pass from Manchester I enter a weird Bermuda Football triangle time warp . You go back 100 years . Rovrum Dingles Pork and us all trapped . I know this because I watch the discovery channel and they are planning a mini series.
Look out for the
Blind Frog South Yorks Island Bermuda Football Mystery Season 1 on Quest 👍

The full episode is about 90 mins but with Warnock & Jimmy Bullard on the TUBES & ANGE GOLF LIFE channel playing a round of Golf. Although Warnock is old fashioned, he makes a very valid point about playing out from the back, he mentions it as you should only do it, if you have the players to do it with and do what's right with team that you have rather than trying to copy the teams at the top. Granted he hasn't had a successful spell in the Premier League and won't ever will. I don't think tactically he is good enough for this level but that is part of the battle for a team like us, we don't have the money or players coming through that are at that this level can compete week in week out. A lot of the time a dip in confidence where we saw when Wilder came back in for the 1st few weeks everyone was signing his praises now its like what is the difference. Confidence and in yourself as a player, players around you and the system and "regime" you are playing for is needed for success. There are very few players if any that I would say they are going to be get snapped up at the end of the season. Only relegation after the Warnock era, you had the likes of Jags going onto international level, followed by Walker a few years later and somehow even Maguire.

My dees supporting mates are not impressed but they've been a shit show for a while so cannae get any worse they say.

Interviews with Neil often pop-up on my Facebook reels, always a good listen but he never seems to mention us? Not even the triple assault season or coming to see us as a "fan"

Interviews with Neil often pop-up on my Facebook reels, always a good listen but he never seems to mention us? Not even the triple assault season or coming to see us as a "fan"
I think the idea of him being a dyed in the wool Blade was disproved a while ago. I have no doubt he’s a Blades fan but I think he’s kind of lost his affinity a touch since he’s managed that many clubs and I also think theres something that clearly still rankles with him about how he left all those years ago.

He achieved some really great things with us as a manager but I think it’s testament to the jobs he’s done at other Championship clubs (and lower) that he can cherry pick as many stories and achievements to talk about as he likes.

I can see why he thinks QPR was his best achievement (not sure if he’s explicitly ever said this but I think it’s obvious its what he thinks) because of the stuff that was going on at board level and the way he managed that team. He did do a similar thing with us, with a lesser quality of players mind you, but it was a real slog at times, particularly those earlier years.

Wilder fell out with the owner and left under a cloud, yet continued to sing our praises in the media and patched things up with PA relatively quickly.
Warnock fell out with the owner 15+ years ago and still has the face on about it now!
I've no doubt that NW loved us at one stage, but now we're just like an ex wife to him after the marriage went sour 🤣

I think the idea of him being a dyed in the wool Blade was disproved a while ago. I have no doubt he’s a Blades fan but I think he’s kind of lost his affinity a touch since he’s managed that many clubs and I also think theres something that clearly still rankles with him about how he left all those years ago.

He achieved some really great things with us as a manager but I think it’s testament to the jobs he’s done at other Championship clubs (and lower) that he can cherry pick as many stories and achievements to talk about as he likes.

I can see why he thinks QPR was his best achievement (not sure if he’s explicitly ever said this but I think it’s obvious its what he thinks) because of the stuff that was going on at board level and the way he managed that team. He did do a similar thing with us, with a lesser quality of players mind you, but it was a real slog at times, particularly those earlier years.
Yes definitely QPR and Catdiff it seems, although at his age and all those clubs he probably can't remember much before the past 20 years or so.

We never warmed to him so i do think the feelings are mutual. Not hatred at all, just he isn’t held in anywhere near as high regard as he is at some of his other clubs.

The big question for me that no one seems to be able to answer is this:

Where the fuck have his eyebrows gone?
There's a misinterpretation that Warnock's hairline is receding further.

The truth is that his facelifts have pulled it higher up. Therefore, as would follow, his eyebrows are now roughly where his original hairline was.

I get that Warnock isn't everyones cup of tea and I can also say that I don't bother when he is whipping up media attention or doing his one man road show, it's all a little too well rehearsed.

But I like Warnock, his record as a manager at Championship is surely unrivalled, in terms of promotion and turning clubs from being dead certs for the drop to miraculous recoveries is something else. I looked the other day, he's managed 20+ clubs. To think when he left us he was suggesting that he was done and all ready for retirement, to then go on and do almost another 20 years and still have that passion, it's admirable. He clearly loves the game.

He had a good long spell with us and perhaps because he was a fan he was expecting to be be treated differently, both during his time and since, but i think because he was a fan, people looked at that and expected greater things. Not to knock his achievements, he did a very good job for us, first stabilising on a shoestring and then getting us promoted, with some fantastic cup memories in between. His time to leave came though and whilst appointing Robbo didn't take us forward, the perception was that Warnock wasn't the man to take us forward either. Rightly or Wrongly.

So i think he probably feels that he left under a bit of a cloud after all the work he'd put in and perhaps the fans not appreciating him the way he expected may have also dented his ego and left some bitterness for him.

What i love about Warnock though, is rarely when he speaks, but when others speak of him. Ex Players have told some very amusing anecdotes and it's clear that if you were in Warnocks circle, you'd be expected to work hard but also need a sense of humour. Warnock always had his favourite players and he's perhaps played on that through his career. He knows which players need to have an arm round them and the ones that need to be told that they can't do it, just to motivate them.

I get the feeling that he appreciates strong characters in his dressing room, the Morgans, the Shaun Derrys, the famous dressing room scenes with Morgs show that they could challenge him... but Warnock was never wrong.

There is no higher opinion of Neil Warnock than Warnock's but he can back it. He's a big fish in the Championship pond and he's certainly mellowed, surprised to see him go north of the border but it's a new challenge for the ex-retiree. And he's also smart when taking jobs to take them to the end of the season and then be prepared to walk away.

Warnocks football might not always entertain, its effective, but his character is certainly entertaining, but i am sure that there is a long list of people in and out of the game that it also grates on.

I get that Warnock isn't everyones cup of tea and I can also say that I don't bother when he is whipping up media attention or doing his one man road show, it's all a little too well rehearsed.

But I like Warnock, his record as a manager at Championship is surely unrivalled, in terms of promotion and turning clubs from being dead certs for the drop to miraculous recoveries is something else. I looked the other day, he's managed 20+ clubs. To think when he left us he was suggesting that he was done and all ready for retirement, to then go on and do almost another 20 years and still have that passion, it's admirable. He clearly loves the game.

He had a good long spell with us and perhaps because he was a fan he was expecting to be be treated differently, both during his time and since, but i think because he was a fan, people looked at that and expected greater things. Not to knock his achievements, he did a very good job for us, first stabilising on a shoestring and then getting us promoted, with some fantastic cup memories in between. His time to leave came though and whilst appointing Robbo didn't take us forward, the perception was that Warnock wasn't the man to take us forward either. Rightly or Wrongly.

So i think he probably feels that he left under a bit of a cloud after all the work he'd put in and perhaps the fans not appreciating him the way he expected may have also dented his ego and left some bitterness for him.

What i love about Warnock though, is rarely when he speaks, but when others speak of him. Ex Players have told some very amusing anecdotes and it's clear that if you were in Warnocks circle, you'd be expected to work hard but also need a sense of humour. Warnock always had his favourite players and he's perhaps played on that through his career. He knows which players need to have an arm round them and the ones that need to be told that they can't do it, just to motivate them.

I get the feeling that he appreciates strong characters in his dressing room, the Morgans, the Shaun Derrys, the famous dressing room scenes with Morgs show that they could challenge him... but Warnock was never wrong.

There is no higher opinion of Neil Warnock than Warnock's but he can back it. He's a big fish in the Championship pond and he's certainly mellowed, surprised to see him go north of the border but it's a new challenge for the ex-retiree. And he's also smart when taking jobs to take them to the end of the season and then be prepared to walk away.

Warnocks football might not always entertain, its effective, but his character is certainly entertaining, but i am sure that there is a long list of people in and out of the game that it also grates on.
He has an excellent managerial record outside the top flight and whilst he made mistakes that season and was too much for himself imho, he was unlucky not to keep us up in 2007. We have to accept our own failings that season but I can't remember a season where we had so many bad key decisions go against with only game to my mind that didn't (Watford away).

Tbf he also makes me laugh at times too.

That said he's all about himself and the pound notes, to a degree that goes beyond the norm for me.

As for being a Blade, not for me.

I've probably posted this a few times on here but what he said at a private dinner at Victoria Quays just after we were relegated to League 1 summed him up.

I was genuinely shocked at the time even though I obviously knew he had a chip about not getting a share of the West Ham money.

It was the response of a proper Pig fan.

Hopefully Monty stuffs him.

He has an excellent managerial record outside the top flight and whilst he made mistakes that season and was too much for himself imho, he was unlucky not to keep us up in 2007. We have to accept our own failings that season but I can't remember a season where we had so many bad key decisions go against with only game to my mind that didn't (Watford away).

Tbf he also makes me laugh at times too.

That said he's all about himself and the pound notes, to a degree that goes beyond the norm for me.

As for being a Blade, not for me.

I've probably posted this a few times on here but what he said at a private dinner at Victoria Quays just after we were relegated to League 1 summed him up.

I was genuinely shocked at the time even though I obviously knew he had a chip about not getting a share of the West Ham money.

It was the response of a proper Pig fan.

Hopefully Monty stuffs him.
What did he say then ?

What did he say then ?
Was asked by the host (John Green) how he felt as a lifelong Blade and former manager about seeing United drop into League 1, suggesting he must be really disappointed.

With a smug grin he said he couldn't give a shit.

Was asked by the host (John Green) how he felt as a lifelong Blade and former manager about seeing United drop into League 1, suggesting he must be really disappointed.

With a smug grin he said he couldn't give a shit.

I think people forget during his time here it was very much the Neil Warnock show.

Back
Top Bottom