Neil Warnock

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I honestly wouldn’t say no.
Today for me was unforgivable.
No fight; no desire.
We didn’t win a single 50:50, or a loose ball.

I'd take Warnock over Wilder every day of the week, especially Saturdays and Tuesdays.

I don't think we should have either and it won't really make much difference until there's change above them.

We're going down, we might as well go down with the manager giving good banter. Just imagine the post match interviews

#gerrimback

The main reason I'd be ok with him is it allows us to get a long term replacement in after this season. Don't want to set up the next guy to get battered every week and start back in the championship already demoralised.

With his ego? of course he would

but his interviews would be a tad embarrassing, he'd become a bit of a comedy character but it would be old style comedy, so most people wouldn't understand him
and won't find him funny. He'll think he's on the after dinner speaking circuit and when playing Arsenal he'll still be telling his stories about Arsenal Wenger.

Also Warnock style is all about giving 100% effort and lumping it into the box, this style constantly turns over possession.
The problem is the Premier League is very different where possession is much more important than normal.
Bang on the money my friend, couldn't agree more

I can't imagine Warnock would allow players to put in such a gutless performance.
They'd be afraid to go back into the changing room at the end if he was waiting for them.

I think this is root of the problem. Players knowing Hecky hadn’t got a bollocking in him, knowing they’re on easy street to a degree.

Peter Reid , Big Sam , Alan Pardew ,Tony Pulis · Other Dinosaurs 🦕 🦖 are available too you know !

The amount of people missing the point is actually frightening. We need someone to steer the ship until the end of season. That is it. Its not about staying up.

I don't mind who is brought in. It's a Ralph Ragnick situation. We need someone to provide stability and give a report on what we need to do. Our current owner and board and head scout haven't a fucking clue but they have big egos.

Another point regarding some points made on here regarding bollocking the players. Yes we have generally in society moved past that. I think Colin has too otherwise he would not get a bounce at Huddersfield.

Now instead of being totally dismissive provide a better idea. Who would you bring in and why?
Give us better ideas.

No no no. Not a chance this wanker comes anywhere near this team, he's proven time and again he's shit in the top league
Indeed he has.

That said... I'm warming to Warnock coming back given how dire we are.

Yesterday was in many ways worse than Newcastle performance.

What frustrates me is the reactiveness in games.

We can all see it coming. That 2nd goal was coming. Hecky gambled hoping he'd get to half time but we didn't.
Yet some changes should have been made at the half hour mark.
That might have helped the game management.
Bring on McBurnie for Souza on 30 mins.

We need a change with someone who can kick the arses of the players, try and install a degree of fight and spirit, and get the players playing to a pattern of play that works to our strengths. All things the current mob in place are currently failing at miserably. If that's just a case of bringing in a managerial stop gap until the summer then fair enough, but something has to change now.

Not sure Warnock or Wilder are the answers but I would take either from now until the summer, over keeping the current incompetents.

Last edited:
What frustrates me is the reactiveness in games.

We can all see it coming. That 2nd goal was coming. Hecky gambled hoping he'd get to half time but we didn't.
Yet some changes should have been made at the half hour mark.
That might have helped the game management.
Bring on McBurnie for Souza on 30 mins.

Agree. What's the fascination with trying to get to half time to change things (other than a use of a permitted sub slot)? If it's not working and it clear to see it's not, change it then and there. Don't wait another 15 minutes making daisy chains with your best pal and sucking on a blade of glass looking at the sky, whilst thinking 'i'll change this in 20 minutes'. I think he's far from a stupid guy so I just don't get it. Bizarre.

Warnock, and Paddy Kenny. Let's go. And how old is Browny? Shades of Golden Gordon here. "Centre forward wears glasses. During the match".

enjoyed watching this. as expected many great sheffield united memories

admits he could never sign a decent striker the 1 he finally did, broke his leg within 6 months. no mention of hao haidong though

didnt realise that after QPR were relegated in 2001 he tried to signed peter crouch. but unsurprisingly we couldn't afford the 1.5m Portsmouth paid. as i remember us being skint wasnt ndlovu our highest earner on 2,000 a week

Great watch this, he may be seen as a dinosaur. I must be too, I think the same as him on short goal kicks, getting the best out of what you have and winning every 1st and 2nd ball......."or he doesn't play next week"

He does love himself, but he probably has a right to after the success and longevity he has had in the game.

Back
Top Bottom