Warnock Again :-)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That's actually the nature of many Blades fans, and many Sheffielders. They seem to prefer tragic failure.

well if there is a bigger twat in the world than joey barton the internet has obviously not found him yet ,im so glad joey has come down on the opposite side of the argument from me

justified

Yep on BBC now: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16661074.stm

Queens Park Rangers captain Joey Barton has said former boss Neil Warnock has himself to blame for losing his job.

Warnock attacked the power of social networking sites for "slowly poisoning" his reputation with the club's owners.

But Barton said on Twitter that Warnock should "look in the mirror" if looking for someone to blame for his sacking.

"If I talked about Neil, he'd do well to get another job. Twitter cost him his job? I can think of a million other things," he tweeted.

"Lost his job and the guy is blaming everyone but himself! Embarrassing, time to look in the mirror mate," added Barton, who was made club captain by Warnock.

And he went on: "Looking forward to the game against Wigan tomorrow. First time in a while we actually have a plan and seem organised."

Like some of us have said that is Warnock he blames every man and his dog rather than blame himself.

It a shame players don't get sacked mid way thru a season. They would be first to complain to the union about unfair dismissal

That seems to back up what most Blades say - Warnock is a motivator not a tactician and if you're a favourite; you'll be fine. Must admit, I quite like Joey Barton even if he is a bit of an argumentative pillock.

Fully agree, I couldnt have put it better.

DW wasnt my choice to be our new manager last summer but I was giving him a chance to see if he could turn us round. Not only that he has brought us good results or good football but he is always calm and talks a lot of sense in his pre or post match comments to the media. a real breath of fresh air!

I can't go along with knocking Warnock. I have to admit I only ever came across him once and found him very big headed, I can say the same about Dave Bassett.
However they both gave me some of my best times ever following united and for that I will be eternally grateful as there has not been a lot of joy in my lifetime as a Blade.

well if there is a bigger twat in the world than joey barton the internet has obviously not found him yet ,im so glad joey has come down on the opposite side of the argument from me

justified

Couldn't agree more. Barton is a fucking nasty, vile piece of work. I can't believe that people(particularly on here) take his side against Warnock. So he is a loud mouthed, arrogant nobber at times but he did us proud and brought such good times to the lane, the best in recent memory. Perhaps he should come out and say that the Premiership is beyond him but he never will, because he is ambitious and passionate and one of the few characters left in the game. He was always going to get the sack at QPR because he did what was needed - what many others tried and failed to do - and once they reached the big league isn't the so called big fancy name that so many clubs long for. Above all else he is a Blade so leave the bloke alone.

Couldn't agree more. Barton is a fucking nasty, vile piece of work. I can't believe that people(particularly on here) take his side against Warnock. So he is a loud mouthed, arrogant nobber at times but he did us proud and brought such good times to the lane, the best in recent memory. Perhaps he should come out and say that the Premiership is beyond him but he never will, because he is ambitious and passionate and one of the few characters left in the game. He was always going to get the sack at QPR because he did what was needed - what many others tried and failed to do - and once they reached the big league isn't the so called big fancy name that so many clubs long for. Above all else he is a Blade so leave the bloke alone.

I'll bite. I'm not "taking Barton's side" against Warnock. I'm merely pointing out that all the available evidence would suggest that Neil Warnock is out of his depth as a Premiership manager and his stock response to that is to blame all around him without ever admitting any failings.

In addition to that: to extrapolate your final point the idiots singing ridiculously inappropriate songs about Ched Evans are Blades too; should we leave them alone too or rightly pass censure?

Here's my tuppen'orth:

1. I enjoyed some of the best times with NW as manager.
  2. I can't believe some of the vitriol about him on here.
  3. He's a damn good manager to get a team up, but is probably not good enough for the PL.

When we went up, yes he probably spent unwisely (every manager does), but he was not given the funds to seriously stay up, let alone 'do a Stoke'. It's been the same at QPR - plenty of promises, more money than he's ever had access to before, but still only enough to shop in the bargain basement. In that, I think NW can be classed as a bit unlucky. I'm sure most of us, at some time in our lives, have thought 'If only I had a bit more dosh, I could get a better car/house/bird.' Once in the PL, you've got to spend enough to give the manager a fighting chance to keep you up. He didn't get that either here or at QPR.

Perhaps he wasn't to be trusted with big money? Well, apart from, say King Kenny who has spunked away £35m on Carroll and a host of other expensive flops by so-called 'great' managers, where is the sense in keeping a manager until the PL season is half over until you realise he wasn't up to the job?

I see perfect sense in employing a manager to do a specific job - i.e. get promotion - and then being replaced by somebody with more proven pedigree, and it being made plain from the outset. It happens in most businesses. NW should havbe been seen by QPR as a 'Red Adair' figure.

As NW said last week upon being sacked 'I take full responsibility for where we are. We're in the Premier League.'

The PL swallows up and spits out the so-called 'lesser' teams in a short space of time. NW is no different to Phil Brown, Ian Holloway, Brendan Rogers, Steve Kean, Owen Coyle etc. etc. and not deserving of all this abuse.

And how people can support Barton in any shape or form is incredible.

Anyway there's an interview with NW on Football Focus today at 12.15.

Final thought? The sooner fucking Twitter falls out of favour the better.

By the way, Barton is by far a bigger arsehole than Warnock. At least Warnock has actually proven himself in his career. To those who say he is a great Championship Manager I totally agree but the Premiership is beyond him, which is my point in its entirety. Finally, yes I loathe the man, but if we didn't have a good manager in charge, or he walked and we needed out of League One/The Championship guess who would be top of my list? But the minute we got there he would be gone.

I don't like him but I recognise his abilities. My sticking point is its always someone elses fault when it goes wrong. Ambitious, passionate etc etc, but he lacks the professionalism to recognise his failings.

For anyone interested Warnock is on BBC today 12.15. Football Focus I think.

i suppose he will never get the chance to prove himself in the prem again ,i hope he retires and does media work
for me there arent enough people talking about the game with even an opinion (never mind a controversial one )
i hope he gets a job on tv and radio and is able to wind people up just as much as he is doing in this thread ,because otherwise its all down to the twitterings of absoloute twats like barton and cardboard cut outs like hughes using their old man united connections to get them through the game

people can say warnock is not premiership standard and its debatable if he is or not but at the end of his career he has had 3 teams promoted to the prem so what standard is he then ? somewhere inbetween ? some 3rd dimension of football i havent heard about ?he told qpr months ago they needed 5 or 6 new signings so they sack him and give someone else the money ,what has happenend to the integrity in brittish society ? is it gone forever never to return

he told qpr months ago they needed 5 or 6 new signings so they sack him and give someone else the money ,what has happenend to the integrity in brittish society ? is it gone forever never to return

That would be QPR owned by the Malaysian Tony Fernandes then? It looks like integrity has gone the same way as spelling and punctuation.;)

That would be QPR owned by the Malaysian Tony Fernandes then? It looks like integrity has gone the same way as spelling and punctuation.;)
im sorry about the spelling and punctuation i should know better

just want to point out one thing to bladesway who if im correct holds keith edwards in very high regard as a player
but he never made in the top flight and he did leave us when a better offer came along

so why is he a legend and warnock is a guy whos demise seemingly is more important to you than the results of the club you support

The problem is that percentage football can be shown to deliver the results to get promotions but once you get to the PL it comes down to having something more than playing those percentages - by which time if you go down that route to success you then have a squad lacking with any true quality in depth to adjust. NW knows the formula to get the required percentage performances and that for me is where his quality ends. He has an eye for bringing out success in the mediocre but when the pool around his sides becomes more talent rich his focus is lost. A league where the majority are all capable of beating each other seems to be his bread and butter and he thrives on it, but when the team he manages moves into being a struggling 15% instead of the average 70% (never going to be the elite 15%) then his game plan is flawed. The PL is the wrong balance of teams for NW to do anything but fail, but he should still get his shot for getting a team there IMHO.

What's wrong with the PL is the gulf in money and the greed that surrounds that. Why should any team build itself into a position where it is unable to fail and be relegated? Any club getting promotion should not feel they have a devine right to stay in that higher league but the riches on offer cloud judgement at all levels.
If he feels harshly treated then I can see some reasons as to why. Fair treatment goes out of the window when staying in the PL has to be the goal rather than it being nice if it was possible.

he has reverted to type. Always someone else to blame.

Shocking lack of respect from Joey Barton. Warnock got the club promoted with background boardroom upheaval with the exchange of owners and so on. He's been at the club only half a season and is slagging off the previous manager who got them where they are. The captain at any club should be a model of integrity and respect, and Barton's a disgrace. I agree Warnock does blame others too much, and shouts his mouth off too much at times as well, but he really deserved better than the way he's been treated. Remember that in this spat with Barton he hasn't actually said anything against his former captain, and even refused to respond to the twitter comments in his column this weekend.
In the circumstances i'd say he's been fairly restrained, and i'm no massive warnock fan.

Barton - respect ,don't make me laugh ,typical big mouthed no mark scouse with no substance. His parents must be so proud.

Predictable interview on FF. Said nothing really about Barton - how could he without looking like an idiot, he had to take the high ground. And of course had to mention yet again that QPR was his best ever promotion.

Loved the way he slipped in that they'd earmarked the next 7 games to take points from to push on.

Barton - respect ,don't make me laugh

Correct Sitters, and Barton is as thick as Pig Shit.

What does Barton imagine is going through Mark Hughes's head when he makes comments about a Previous Manager.

Though to be honest Neil, you did sign the Twat

To be fair, it must be an absolute nighmare trying to manage some of these cunts. If they're not out committing crime, brawling and shagging they're putting a running commentary of their dimwit lives on Twatter and WasteofSpaceBook.

Managers like Mancini don't help with his pathetic 'card' gesture.

I'll bite. I'm not "taking Barton's side" against Warnock. I'm merely pointing out that all the available evidence would suggest that Neil Warnock is out of his depth as a Premiership manager and his stock response to that is to blame all around him without ever admitting any failings.

In addition to that: to extrapolate your final point the idiots singing ridiculously inappropriate songs about Ched Evans are Blades too; should we leave them alone too or rightly pass censure?

Probably 90 odd percent of managers blame everyone but themselves. I don't think that Warnock is Unique in that respect. I didn't mean that we should back him purely because he is a blade, but the positives he brought to the club far outweighed the negatives and it annoys me when he gets slagged off and condemned by united fans - most of whom see him as an easy target.
There is a scum element to most clubs and I don't feel any allegiance to those who choose to chant the sort of tripe you refer to.
Warnock has never done himself any favours with the way he conducts himself but his record speaks for itself and there are far more clubs that would welcome him than not. Barton wants to take a look at himself the nasty little twat.

QPR were a second-rate club struggling to avoid relegation to the third tier when Warnock took over.
They’d thrown money at one big name manager after another in an effort to get promoted and none had managed it. Most hadn’t even come close.
He saved them from relegation, restored their pride as a club, added thousands to the average attendance, earned them promotion and many millions in Premiership money.
Then at the first sign of a downturn, they forget all about the years of struggle, how low they had come from, everything Warnock had done for them and they rewarded him with the sack.

Substitute QPR above for Sheffield United and it pretty much sums up our recent history as well.
The main difference being that most QPR fans appreciate what a good job overall Warnock did for their club and most Sheffield United fans apparently don’t.

Or to spin it differently QPR got him out becasue he had done as much as he could and saw the signs of him cracking (blaming everyone else for the poor form), saw that he couldn't get the big names in they wanted and so booted him out? Someone said to me the other day they were sad Warnock had gone because they were looking forward to him completing his hattrick. True words as I saw it. I'm still laughing though because you will hear from him on how it was all a big injustice on an almost daily basis from now until......well until he gets his next job and it all starts again.

Good to see QPR doing so well with all those big name players Hughes managed to sign for them...

Yes I bet they wish they were doing half as well as Leeds.

If they were playing in the championship this season I think there's a good chance they would be several places below Leeds and staring division one in the face.

By this time last season QPR had at least won a few games and had significantly more points than they do now.

And season after season things have got sooooooooooo much better at Bramall Lane since he left' haven't they.

If they were playing in the championship this season I think there's a good chance they would be several places below Leeds and staring division one in the face.

By this time last season QPR had at least won a few games and had significantly more points than they do now.

And season after season things have got sooooooooooo much better at Bramall Lane since he left' haven't they.

So who took us down in tue first place? let me guess..........someone else. Getting Warnock out was unfortunately done a year too late however, its the cockfest we replaced him with that really made things worse.

Back
Top Bottom