Robinson is a problem

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Been saying for a while that if he’s been one of our players of the season then we have problems:
He’s a kick it out and clear the lot defender. Not premier league standard and not the level of a team trying to play a possession brand of football.
Tries hard though

I’d fucking try hard 😂😂

Shock headline. Sheff United players not good enough for Prem based on Man City game.
I didn't want Wilder back but let's give him a chance to get the players going in the right direction.
Yeah we're going down and nobody wants that but the only bad result so far has been the Luton game and that was as a result of 2 unfortunate OGs and a howler.
So most of the players aren't good enough - maybe it's because we haven't got a very big budget.
We're not spending enough - that's because our owner isn't loaded.
We know! We fucking know! Either get your hand in your pocket and buy the club or stop whining about things we can't change.
Only bad result are you fucking mad.. got turned over big style by Bournemouth & got thumped at burnley ffs!

He tries hard and has been one of our better players this season.

Like Wes he plays in a position where he’s overexposed every game and therefore will make mistakes.

Also like Wes he’s punching above his weight as a starting PL footballer, like many of our team are.

Last edited:
No body said you did?

You’re a forum spouting rubbish. Expect it to be called out or perhaps be quiet and keep your thoughts to yourself.
Coming from someone who thinks Jack Robinson is better than Auston Trusty 😂😂😂🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣🤣

Only bad result are you fucking mad.. got turned over big style by Bournemouth & got thumped at burnley ffs!
Hmm do I need to be more specific? Bad results under Wilder, I was talking about Wilder's reign.
I can now offer the "don't post whilst pissed advice" or something more snidely if you were sober.

He wasn’t good enough the last time in the prem 20/21 season and like many others they’re still not good enough. The sort of player who will do ok next season in the EFL but that left hand side is targeted time and time again for a reason. So many goals are conceded from that side, even in the Championship last season.

Cry more? That's all you've done, apart from knocking one out from all the attention you've got from your "look at me posts" over the past day or so.

Tosser
What a weird bit of personal abuse. Been on the sauce?

Cried how?

Also, why is saying a player is crap a “look at me post” 😂😂😂

What a weird bit of personal abuse. Been on the sauce?

Cried how?

Also, why is saying a player is crap a “look at me post” 😂😂😂
Okay so I have read all the posts on this thread. Robinson has raised his game but he will still make mistakes. Plenty of other teams in this division will have players that make errors that lead to goals. Some of Robinson's own goals are a bit calamitous it has to be said.

However, there is no good reason for turning on each other.

Yesterday, we played one of the best possession football teams in the world. Man City are European and world club champions so it really is pointless comparing their players to ours, notwithstanding that they have lost games this season.

I have a question and it is regarding Luton. Okay they did get two lucky OGs to win at our place. They did lose yesterday, but were close to snatching a draw when originally 3 nil down. What have they done that we haven't, in terms of having a team that is competitive and that will have an outside chance of staying up?

Oh and hope you all have a happy new year!

Hmm do I need to be more specific? Bad results under Wilder, I was talking about Wilder's reign.
I can now offer the "don't post whilst pissed advice" or something more snidely if you were sober.
I was as sober as they come mate! Just fucking angry that's all!! I probably need some time out with watching us, it's so depressing week after week of defeats. Apologies for my rant!

Okay so I have read all the posts on this thread. Robinson has raised his game but he will still make mistakes. Plenty of other teams in this division will have players that make errors that lead to goals. Some of Robinson's own goals are a bit calamitous it has to be said.

Yesterday, we played one of the best possession football teams in the world. Man City are European and world club champions so it really is pointless comparing their players to ours, notwithstanding that they have lost games this season.

I have a question and it is regarding Luton. Okay they did get two lucky OGs to win at our place. They did lose yesterday, but were close to snatching a draw when originally 3 nil down. What have they done that we haven't, in terms of having a team that is competitive and that will have an outside chance of staying up?

Have a style and a transfer strategy to suit.

Also signing players that can run was a bonus.

"...I have a question and it is regarding Luton. Okay they did get two lucky OGs to win at our place. They did lose yesterday, but were close to snatching a draw when originally 3 nil down. What have they done that we haven't, in terms of having a team that is competitive and that will have an outside chance of staying up?..."

In their promotion season, they had fit, fast, strong, young players, and played a very direct style. I saw a few of their games on TV (as well as when they played us) and match highlights etc., and they seemed to have a few skilful players, and the rest were as described above. Get the ball up the pitch quickly, and to the feet of the skilful lads.

They have added Barkley and Townsend, who have Premier League and International experience and are decent players.

I was as sober as they come mate! Just fucking angry that's all!! I probably need some time out with watching us, it's so depressing week after week of defeats. Apologies for my rant!
I've got to say after a miserable performance I can't watch football at all or visit the forum for a few days. The good news is it's turning, chances are we're still going down but United are showing fight now, in a guerilla warfare kind of way!

Trouble is we back off all the time instead of closing players down allowing them closer and closer to our goal as shown by robinson today.If he closes rodri down then no goal .he had a mare today.

If he steps out to challenge Rodri, it's likely that Rodri would have put Alvarez through.

1704022136502.png

In my opinion the biggest error is that no other midfielder steps in after Souza fails to stop two players. Players who are conveniently awol escapes criticism, while the poor sods closest to the shooter gets the blame.

He wasn’t good enough the last time in the prem 20/21 season and like many others they’re still not good enough. The sort of player who will do ok next season in the EFL but that left hand side is targeted time and time again for a reason. So many goals are conceded from that side, even in the Championship last season.
Luton were clever enough to move Doughty to play on their right so that he could exploit the weakness we show every game down our left.
Can only pray that Wilder recognises that solving that problem has to be his number one priority, more so than finding another keeper.
Stop the easy ball coming into the box and suddenly Wes will have 50% less work to do.

If he steps out to challenge Rodri, it's likely that Rodri would have put Alvarez through.

View attachment 176967

In my opinion the biggest error is that no other midfielder steps in after Souza fails to stop two players. Players who are conveniently awol escapes criticism, while the poor sods closest to the shooter gets the blame.
From that view JLT should close the ball down and Baldock should track Alvarez.

We allowed Mahrez a similar goal at Wembley last season as well.

From that view JLT should close the ball down and Baldock should track Alvarez.

We allowed Mahrez a similar goal at Wembley last season as well.

Yeah, not impossible, but it may have opened up a gap and a potential through ball for Grealish on the far side:

MC5.png

My point is - it's a dangerous situation! We are in trouble! It's effectively a three vs three with space to run into, space in behind and world class opponents. In my opinion it is better, and easier, to avoid the danger by being organised (proactive) than reacting to the danger.

The key man is Norwood, who's taken a breather and is nowhere near the situation following Souza's challenge. If he had taken up a better defensive position when the attack started we would have been in a much better position to deal with it.

Allow too much pressure...mistakes will happen. Have to be doing more in the other half of the field to take some pressure off.
Spot on!

I don’t think our defence is particularly bad. Our over reliance on defending for virtually a whole against the best teams in the world is only going to end 1 way. The midfield in particular needs to be doing much more to take the pressure off. That starts with keeping the ball.

Yes, Robinson has made mistakes and some of em have been whoppers, but we’ve always known this. My biggest disappointment this season has been that accident waiting to happen…Anel Ahmedhodzic. Whereas Robbo is the journeyman pro, Anel had represented his country on the international stage and was supposed to be our big future hope…but he’s shit, and every bit as shit as JLT has been.

He’s had a good season by his standards, but that’s just the issue. By his standards.

He was at fault last week, rag dolled by Adebayo (as was Anel). This time, his fault again for the first goal, backing off and backing off.

As bad as Wes has been (he’s just nearly been caught out again…), Robinson is no better. Both played out of their skin at times yet still both miles off the standard required and the fact we still have them in our team in the Premier League is absolutely hilarious. Same goes for Norwood, and plenty of them in reality.

For all the praise he’s got which I’ve found a bit ridiculous, I’ve still thought he’s been pretty poor by and large compared to Trusty. Would love us to buy a real leader for next season.

Everybody has a mistake or two in real life, including footballers, get a life, he's been one of our most consitant `layers this season.

Jack is trying to mark two players Which explains the backing off after Souza with no support from Thomas or Norwood tries to tackle two players on his own. Trusty out of position probably covering for the completely Hopeless and out of position Luke Thomas. having To start him against City must have been giving wilder nightmares. Trusty also neshed out of clearing the cross for the second fearing an own goal and so handed player behind him a tap in. Based on performance this season Robbo is my first choice central defender.

Back
Top Bottom