HARRY MAGUIRE

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would you take him back?

• Yes, we'd be crazy not to

Votes: 238 88.5%
  • No, he's burnt his bridges. Onto new blood.

Votes: 31 11.5%

• Total voters

Torrix1889

A reight Bobby Dazzler
Reaction score
The Sun are reporting a £3m fight between Newcastle and Fulham for Harry.....

What are you reading that shit for????

Cos his alternatives are The Mail, The Sheffield (Wednesday) Star, Daily Star and the (West) Yorkshire Post...

As long as the money goes on players then I wouldn't mind that one.

As long as the money goes on players then I wouldn't mind that one.

It'll be 65% of any monies that have gone to turnover. So I suppose 65% of £3m = £1.95m

Incidently, there's a rumour knocking around that we've bid £375k for Centre Back Liam Fontaine of Brizzle City. Now this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever because a) we have no money and b) it must surely takes us over the 65%. Add this to Wilson not ruling out other signings, including another striker.

For me, the only way the above para could make any sense or having any susbstance, is if someone like Harry is leaving. However, personally I can't see that happening

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=463&fid=221&sty=2&act=1&mid=2113458044

If it was 3million for Harry I'd take it, he's good, distribution is excellent, but 3 million to a 3rd tier club would've good business.

I would hope that an academy lad could then step up or get in a decent young centre half for this level to play alongside higgo until Colin's is fit again.

The rest should be ploughed back into the club. It's now almost pointless to lump the whole lot into the transfer kitty as we won't be able to spend it... Perhaps spend it on turning the car park into a herb garden or putting a conservatory/ lean to on the back of the kop

Kennedy or hill alongside higgo. Once ljf is fit there is enough cover. Still need a winger (taylor?) And cover for Macca imo

He's better suited to playing just behind another striker for me.

Maybe, but if might be better to stick him out on the wing to gain match experience, until he's ready to move into the centre.

"Don't be surprised to see him move on" - quote from Talksports rumours slot though nothing concrete stated. Could Collins "move" be a smokescreen? Blackman named as a direct replacement for Zaha in the same slot, however, the news is that Zaha's move to Man Utd also includes an immediate loan-back for the rest of the season on other bulletins.

"Don't be surprised to see him move on" - quote from Talksports rumours slot though nothing concrete stated. Could Collins "move" be a smokescreen? Blackman named as a direct replacement for Zaha in the same slot, however, the news is that Zaha's move to Man Utd also includes an immediate loan-back for the rest of the season on other bulletins.
or will we end up selling 'both' at 5 mins to midnight.. you know it could happen Pup :eek:

No source for this other than twitter rumours......bid, (to good to refuse!) has been made and accepted, now down to the player.....:eek:

I'm sure I read somewhere that Harry was a Pig fan as a lad...?

Is this resurrected from 12 months ago?

Maguire is/was a pig but can't see that meaning anything.

Curiously, how many blades have gone straight to the dark side? I can't think of one. I know we've taken some of theirs (Bromby, Quinn etc.)...... Darren?

For the money we'd get for him, you could probably quite easily find a better CB. Our problem is that the money would disappear into the usual black hole.

I don't think he'd do too much for the scum at that level though, so I wouldn't be heartbroken if he went there.

If we had signed Maguire, rather than him coming through the academy, I don't think our fans would rate him half as highly as they do now. The same applies to Long. We could get better players for less money. The problem is, we won't.

was on a football rumour twitter account yesterday. they had about 356 followers at the time.

You do the sums

If they make an offer, we should make it public knowledge, might trigger another club to bid for him! Key word being should, we won't and we will sell at the first offer.

If we had signed Maguire, rather than him coming through the academy, I don't think our fans would rate him half as highly as they do now. The same applies to Long. We could get better players for less money.

You must have been watching a different team to me last season. Two of our better players regardless of where they came from and how much they cost. Both destined to play at a higher level than we are now.
I don't know where we are going to get "better players for less money" if they go (although I fully agree that we won't even try).

Out of last seasons team, I would keep Long, Maguire and Collins as the key men in the only department of the team that isn't broken. The rest? Either not good enough or not bothered enough or don't work well enough together.

Out of last seasons team, I would keep Long, Maguire and Collins as the key men in the only department of the team that isn't broken. The rest? Either not good enough or not bothered enough or don't work well enough together.

I would keep the whole back five. Good solid unit.The defence would be the last think I would tinker with. We need to find and develop a good left back to challenge Hill and educate McMahon not to get a nose bleed when he crosses the half way line

Is this resurrected from 12 months ago?

Maguire is/was a pig but can't see that meaning anything.

Curiously, how many blades have gone straight to the dark side? I can't think of one. I know we've taken some of theirs (Bromby, Quinn etc.)...... Darren?

Bradshaw started off with them. How many other Blades supporters joined the dark side as their first club?

Back
Top Bottom