Player Suggestion Harry Maguire

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Man U manager Erik ten Hag wants to sell England defender Harry Maguire next summer and the club may have to accept considerably less than the £80m that he cost to offload the 29-year-old.
Cheeky loan bid maybe?
If we're in the PL maybe - but there might be better value out there

Harry had interest from Barcelona and Chelsea this Summer.
He's a decent PL defender and will not be short of suitors if the money involved is reasonable enough.

Offer £2million, when they turn that down, up it to £3million and bring the lad home to BDTBL.......!!! ;)😁😁😁

Is everyone aware of just how much he's on at Man Utd? Absolute fortunes!Talk of him returning to Utd while he's in contract (and even if he wasn't) is frankly ludicrous. If Man Utd don't want him, there'll be plenty of other Prem and top Euro clubs that do
The only possibility he'll play for Utd again is in about 6 years time when he's part his best, has tens of £m in the bank and fancies a swansong at his boyhood club.

Exactly the same gotta for Walker although if it's going to happen it will at the end of his current contact.

Is everyone aware of just how much he's on at Man Utd? Absolute fortunes!Talk of him returning to Utd while he's in contract (and even if he wasn't) is frankly ludicrous. If Man Utd don't want him, there'll be plenty of other Prem and top Euro clubs that do
The only possibility he'll play for Utd again is in about 6 years time when he's part his best, has tens of £m in the bank and fancies a swansong at his boyhood club.

Exactly the same gotta for Walker although if it's going to happen it will at the end of his current contact.
If Man U want shut of him he’ll go abroad like Smalling did the English clubs that can afford his wages are unlikely to want him. I can see him doing well in Italy.

He needs a fresh start somewhere.
The man utd fans have absolutely crucified him in a pretty horrendous way. Yeah he's been in cagey form but part of that was the unreal crit he has got from them at times.
Mind you often thing their fans are not particularly supportive alot of the time because of their lack of winning much for last several years.

He's a good PL defender, he possibly rode the crest of a wave in form all the way up to his first season at Man Utd and his England performances.

He needs a change. If I were someone like Newcastle I'd be interested, with some confidence back in him he can turn it around a bit again.

Tbh I've never really got the hype (when he was at Leicester and then having got his move to the Mancs) wrong him. He's not a bad player and is decent in the air and a unit, but his lack of pace is a weakness. He's the sort of player who was 10 a penny back in the day (70's 80's and 90's) who most teams seemed to have in their side I e. an out and out stopper and bag lad at the back. We had our own in Stan the Man back in the 80s and early 90s but we have had more since. Tbf fair to the lad he isn't in the team to be anything but solid but that probably isn't good enough in this day and age when you need to have something else about you and his long raking passes which were quite good seem to have dropped off and he's constantly 'safe' in his distribution passing sideways or back (maybe playing to orders?).

He a very fortunate lad in that if he had been born 15 or 20 years earlier he wouldn't have stood out and would probably have just been a decent old 2nd Division standard player. He got lucky in that the vogue changed and people wanted more ball playing centre halves and forgot that sometimes you do need an old fashioned stopper to head and tackle and that sort was in short supply as centre halves had mostly forgotten the art of actually defending first and foremost. Put it this way imo there is no way he would have made the England squad back in the 80s. I'd even say Michael Vonk who we had back in the mid 90s was a more skilful player and just as good defensively as him.

I don't wish him anything but good luck but he has been very fortunate in how football changed and left him being a much needed scare commodity in style and type of play.

As mentioned by another poster I think a move to Spain or Italy would be ideal for him in that he can play like he is being very safe and they will accept that as they are of the mind that you don't get beat whereas English football is mostly about going for the win.

Or to put it another way, HM is an about £200k a week. Paul McGrath was on about £8k a week back in the 80s. I know who was by far the better player in their primes and he had very dodgy knees even then.

If we were to go up I don't think its completely out of the picture that he makes a return to us in 2/3 years. I don't think he'd want to leave Man Utd & come to us though, I think we'd probably get him on loan when abroad life has failed.

If we were to go up I don't think its completely out of the picture that he makes a return to us in 2/3 years. I don't think he'd want to leave Man Utd & come to us though, I think we'd probably get him on loan when abroad life has failed.
I could see this happening. But, we need to get and stay up first 😂.

Apparently Man United are willing to pay off Maguires contract if he moves this summer. If we could get him at the right price he would be our answer at LCB.
Like Smalling and a couple of other English defenders, I feel sure he'll go to a relatively decent Italian side (or maybe even Celtic/Rangers like Joe Hart).

Poor guys got a ridiculous amount of stick at Man Utd. Makes a move to English sides pretty tricky for him mentality-wise, though tbf Blades would be the LEAST judgemental option and the MOST accepting option for him.... He's probably on 150k a week and still plays for England, presumably he'd prefer somewhere with European football or trophy prospects.

Also not left footed, which is our priority on tight budget! 😄

Like Smalling and a couple of other English defenders, I feel sure he'll go to a relatively decent Italian side (or maybe even Celtic/Rangers like Joe Hart).

Poor guys got a ridiculous amount of stick at Man Utd. Makes a move to English sides pretty tricky for him mentality-wise, though tbf Blades would be the LEAST judgemental option and the MOST accepting option for him.... He's probably on 150k a week and still plays for England, presumably he'd prefer somewhere with European football or trophy prospects.

Aye
But apart from all that……

It’s was insane when Maguire was getting boo’d for England - when I literally don’t think he’d put a foot wrong in an England shirt.

It’s just memes / online that have convinced everyone he’s a complete liability. He’s had some bad games but I think out of the spotlight a bit he’d be absolutely fine again.

Someone with a much Higher wage bill that ours will take a chance.

Maguire is on a base salary of around £200k/week, plus sizeable add-ons.

He will be way, way out of Utd's league for at least 4 more years and I reckon he'll either go to Newcastle, West Ham, Atletico or one of the larger Serie A clubs in summer. Spurs could do with him but won't pay enough.

He would be best served going to an Italian or Spanish club where he can get his head down and play every week without every little mistake being highlighted. Tbh I don't think he's top quality but he has been hounded a bit. A move abroad could be what he needs.

With t
Having said that though... I'm not against us revolutionising football again, playing a 6-3-1 with four centre backs, Maguire and Coady in "false 5" and " false 4" roles...
With thinking like that you will go far. With a line up like that United will not.

With his contract paid up then he can afford to take one of our £50k pw slots. Might prefer proper supporters and his home town comforts after the garbage Manure alsoran fans he's had to suffer. He'll also get gametime to keep his England career going. If we also sign Coady, Jags and Walker we could have a reasonable defence upgrade!

He's on circa £200k a week.
He's still a first choice England international.

The ridicule he gets is disgusting. Take him out of that pressure cooker environment at OT and I think he'd thrive again in the PL.

A move to a progressive club in the tier below is what he needs (Tottenham, Newcastle, Aston Villa, maybe even Brighton / Brentford)...

I really hope he gets his next move right and it works out for him. For his sake and England's, as there are no alternatives knocking about or even in the pipeline.

i think harry's best seasons are behind him but he would definetly be better playing in a back 3 hes too vulnerable these days playing in a back 4 mind if we get big new investors coming in maguire and walker would be within our range and would probably help us stay in the premier league

Back
Top Bottom