Player Suggestion Harry Maguire

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

7CEE0894-B212-491E-A194-A5107D73D8AB.jpeg
Know this means absolutely nothing, but seems there is a recognition he’s leaving and we COULD be a contender

Hi Stegosaurus here

Maguire is a liability. Absolute clown.

He's a good player he many ways, but makes clownish mistakes that he can get away with at Man Utd but would cost us games. I'd rather have someone who isn't as good, but is more reliable and won't do anything stupid.

Hi Stegosaurus here

He's a good player he many ways, but makes clownish mistakes that he can get away with at Man Utd but would cost us games. I'd rather have someone who isn't as good, but is more reliable and won't do anything stupid.
Have you ever watched Egan

Hi Stegosaurus here

Same Harry Maguire that bossed the World Cup?

Same Harry Maguire that bossed the World Cup?
Hi Stegosaurus here,

One good tournament does not a good player make -- Voltaire said that.

There is a good reason if you search "Harry Maguire mistakes" a tonne of YouTube compilations showing him as an absolute baffoon show up.

He's not a shit player, but--a team like us, who are going to be fighting relegation, can't afford to have a player who is going to throw away matches by being a clown.

I'd rather have a steady eddie--someone who isn't as good, but isn't going to do something stupid.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

One good tournament does not a good player make -- Voltaire said that.

There is a good reason if you search "Harry Maguire mistakes" a tonne of YouTube compilations showing him as an absolute baffoon show up.

He's not a shit player, but--a team like us, who are going to be fighting relegation, can't afford to have a player who is going to throw away matches by being a clown.

I'd rather have a steady eddie--someone who isn't as good, but isn't going to do something stupid.
Hmmm that seems like a slightly leading search… what comes up if I search “Harry Maguire world class moments”? Will you accept that the results are equally valid?

When it comes to players who “have a mistake in them” (as the saying goes) you have to weigh this up against their overall contribution. If a defender wins you many points by their excellent performances (and maybe even with some goals scored) but costs you a couple due to errors then they are in credit and still worth having.

As for Maguire making silly errors was not previously part of his game - I will admit it has become so, but I wouldn’t rule out a fresh start somewhere and a much less mistake prone Maguire re-emerging.

Would love him back - but there’s no chance in my book.

View attachment 161772
Know this means absolutely nothing, but seems there is a recognition he’s leaving and we COULD be a contender
Newcastle probably makes most sense on this list. He has champions league experience that they need this season. We’ve absolutely no chance & Harry won’t be considering us unless we’re 2/3 years established like Brentford / Brighton etc

what comes up if I search “Harry Maguire world class moments”? Will you accept that the results are equally valid?

Hi Stegosaurus here,

I just searched that out of fairness to see what came up. The top two videos are Harry Maguire - Art of Defending and This is Why Man Utd Paid 80 Million ofr Maguire

Both of them were sarcastic in nature and are mistake compilations.

To be fair, there is the third video -- Harry Maguire Was Great at Leicester, which is a positive compilation.

But there's no denything he has become a liability at Man Utd.

Back
Top Bottom