More borrowing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FriethBlade

Reaction score
Football finance 'expert' Kevin Maguire is reporting that we have taken out another 'loan' from Macquire secured in future PL revenue.

If we are selling Anel and also need this loan on top of PL revenue does that mean one of two things? Either we are planning significant expenditure or we r well and truly f'd and its to fill a hole between revenue and expenditure on an ongoing basis.

Let's hope it's tje former and means we are either going for it in the transfer market as we think Everton and Forest are getting points deductions. Alternatively it could be to finan e expenditure on the hotel/training ground/academy

Football finance 'expert' Kevin Maguire is reporting that we have taken out another 'loan' from Macquire secured in future PL revenue.

If we are selling Anel and also need this loan on top of PL revenue does that mean one of two things? Either we are planning significant expenditure or we r well and truly f'd and its to fill a hole between revenue and expenditure on an ongoing basis.

Let's hope it's tje former and means we are either going for it in the transfer market as we think Everton and Forest are getting points deductions. Alternatively it could be to finan e expenditure on the hotel/training ground/academy
It does mean that we need money now rather than later in the season.
As each place is worth c£2m, coming 18/19th is important if we cannot come 17th.

*Kieran Maguire. Here's the tweet:

As you'd expect, some piggies jumping on the tweet thinking we're going down in flames when this is quite a "normal" thing that clubs do. It's not great, but basically borrowing against the Premier League money we're due at the end of the season.

So how much is the loan for?

What a joke this owner is…..taking more high interest loans to basically allow him to kick the can down the road and to allow him to fund the club.

He cannot afford to run either a Premier League or Championship club. He’s got himself in a right mess now. He missed his chance to sell in April 2023 - now he’ll be luck to get an offer at £50 million - let alone the £170 million talked about back then.

Please can someone tell me what his Legacy is going to be after 3 out of the last 5 seasons in the Premier League ? Certainly no Cat 1 academy or new training ground. We will have literally hardly anything to show, but will be exiting with outstanding debts!

It is just to help cash flow by borrowing against future guaranteed income.
it is not the end of the world everyone does it.
when and if we were to start borrowing secured against the fixed assets, I.e. the ground is a time to worry.

when and if we were to start borrowing secured against the fixed assets, I.e. the ground is a time to worry.
Correct me if I'm wrong but arent the fixed assets already mortgaged?

What a joke this owner is…..taking more high interest loans to basically allow him to kick the can down the road and to allow him to fund the club.

He cannot afford to run either a Premier League or Championship club. He’s got himself in a right mess now. He missed his chance to sell in April 2023 - now he’ll be luck to get an offer at £50 million - let alone the £170 million talked about back then.

Please can someone tell me what his Legacy is going to be after 3 out of the last 5 seasons in the Premier League ? Certainly no Cat 1 academy or new training ground. We will have literally hardly anything to show, but will be exiting with outstanding debts!
kX8wib.gif

The legacy would be the club owning the ground again and a ninth place PL finish.

On the minus side, it looks like we have spurned the opportunity to become an established PL team, frittered away the PL money without sorting out the academy or improving the ground, and ballsed up the sale of the club.

Swings and roundabouts.

I don't know if this means we plan to spend big this window - a few ITKers have had this said to them. I would hope that this is a strategic gamble which could easily paid off either with PL survival or by selling a couple of players in the summer - which we would most likely have to do anyway if we go down.

Don't think there's too much to be concerned about.

The legacy would be the club owning the ground again and a ninth place PL finish.

On the minus side, it looks like we have spurned the opportunity to become an established PL team, frittered away the PL money without sorting out the academy or improving the ground, and ballsed up the sale of the club.

Swings and roundabouts.
Didn't the Prince recently say that "we would have the best training ground in the country" - don't know what he means by that when you look at what the top PL clubs have as a setup.

The acedemy wants improving upon, but not sure that the stadium needs upgrading whilever we are yoyoing between the Champ and the Prem.

Now you've made it far too complicated for our self-appointed accountant fans to understand - just stick to borrowing BAD, buying lots and lots of players on high salaries GOOD.

Purely speculating but could be for the hotel which I know has been mentioned a few times pre-season about completing. Maybe he's opted for the loan so the pot for the JTW is untouched.

Didn't the Prince recently say that "we would have the best training ground in the country" - don't know what he means by that when you look at what the top PL clubs have as a setup.

The acedemy wants improving upon, but not sure that the stadium needs upgrading whilever we are yoyoing between the Champ and the Prem.
Having been to Chelsea and Tottenhams training grounds I can tell you 'no f in chance'. Leicesters training ground is supposed to be out of this world and I'm sure City's is.

You mean the 'future guaranteed income' that is supposed to cushion the fall into the Championship? Now we may not draw down much of the loan and we may not go down in which case its not the end of the world.

But if we do draw down a lot of the loan and we do go down the parachute payments will have been 'spent'. Which means we need to get back up pretty damn quick or we face the prospect of massive cost cutting and potentially a similar situation to last season

Wish he would sell us to someone serious FFS

Are we borrowing on the risk that in 3 years time we will have put a team out heavily based with the younger lads we are tying up

Hoping to get back up again with a bit of luck

Not saying this is the way to go, just wondering if this is the thinking

Back
Top Bottom