Player Suggestion Harry Maguire

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thought Maguire had a bit more about him than to stay and not play for the sake of the extra wages.
Isn’t the issue that Man Utd don’t want to pay what is owed? If so then he’s right to dig his heels in. They offered him the contact and now want rid, they’re hoping his desperation to play gets them out of jail. Like us during the embargo, they should pay what they owe.
Dick moved by the club to impact the career of someone they don’t want.

Isn’t the issue that Man Utd don’t want to pay what is owed? If so then he’s right to dig his heels in. They offered him the contact and now want rid, they’re hoping his desperation to play gets them out of jail. Like us during the embargo, they should pay what they owe.
Dick moved by the club to impact the career of someone they don’t want.

Your understanding of the situation might be better than mine, if he leaves why is he owed anything?

They have offered him £6m he wants £15m, not sure if this is the full amount owed on his contract or a compromise

Your understanding of the situation might be better than mine, if he leaves why is he owed anything?

If a club want rid of a player then usually they would pay the difference between what they're currently paying him and what his new club are paying. I've no idea what's happening in this situation however.

It’s not known, just what I’ve read, so it’s chip paper.
He’s due payments some linked to European qualifying last season and Man Utd don’t want to pay them if he moves. He’s not breaking his contact or pushing for the move so he’s owed what he’s owed. Man Utd need to pay what his contract states else he’s not moving.

I was told this by an EFL pro footballer a while ago, so things may have changed, but basically in a large proportion of transfers when a player is sold the remainder of their contract with the current club is paid in full. There are certain exceptions to this, I believe handing in a transfer request is one, but that's what I was told. I also know for sure that on an occasion he was sold, he did have his contract paid up.

Payments due to Maguire was rumoured to be the problem but it seems he hasn’t even agreed any personal terms with West Ham, maybe they’re no longer interested?

The problem Man U have with Harry is going to be multiplied 20 fold at Chelsea. All these players on 8 year contracts that tje next new manager and the one after that won't want aren't going ro move for less money than their contract

The problem Man U have with Harry is going to be multiplied 20 fold at Chelsea. All these players on 8 year contracts that tje next new manager and the one after that won't want aren't going ro move for less money than their contract

I have wondered what the details of these 8 year contracts are, there must surely be some get out clauses after 4 or 5 years.

Chelsea could end up with another Winston Bogarde situation if there isn’t any get outs for them.

It’s usually when the move means a pay cut.

Say he’s on 180k at Man U with two years left. Man U want to sell him to West Ham who’ll only pay him 100k. He’s then 80k a week down for the next two years.

It’s fairly common for players wanting that difference bridged by their current club before they agree to the switch.

If it was the other way and he was moving for a massive pay rise and pushing for the move he wouldn’t be saying I want paying off too. He’ll be asking why he should be out of pocket because he’s not wanted anymore.

Move on....he's not coming back. He's good enough but not at that price(wages) .

I do wonder if we could stay up if this might create a conveyor belt of returning players.

You have Walker who is out of contract in 2024, Calvert-Lewin in 2025 and Harry Maguire in 2025.

Whether we would want them at that time or be in a position to take them is another thing.

But it may be that at this stage if their careers they’d be happy to head home?

Would we be interested?

For the good of his career he should have moved to West Ham.

I think he is staying just to annoy everyone every at Man Utd rather than better his career. Plus they will still be paying him silly per week.
They won’t pay him what they owe to leave so he’s sitting tight. Fair play to him, I’m sure there will something done in January and if Southgate is going to keep including him anyway I guess he’s not losing much by waiting.

Why play him when he's:

A) - a bit fragile at the moment
B) - not even playing for his club
C) - plays shit for them when he does play

As Bladesman - he needed that West Ham move.

Southgate has been very vocal in the past saying he picks players on form and merit. Then goes and picks Phillips and Maguire who aren't playing for their clubs.

Since Phillips signed for Man City, he has started 4 games for them... 2 of those are PL games
Last night was his 4th start for England since he signed for City. Pathetic stat really

He should go to Saudi.. he would get mad money and there isn’t the scrutiny of western social media.

Got a huge amount of time for Harry but feel he'd have been better served leaving Man Utd this summer.

Funny how some who criticise others for sitting out contracts praise him for it.

Southgate is very loyal but I don't see how barely playing this season helps his Euros cause.

If Dunk has another good season at Brighton he jumps above him imho. Both similar age, just over 30.

Harry is a good lad from a good family and considering what he's already earned, I'm sure it's not all about him squeezing every bit of dosh.

At his age I just think it's the wrong time to be sat not playing regularly.

Why play him when he's:

A) - a bit fragile at the moment
B) - not even playing for his club
C) - plays shit for them when he does play

As Bladesman - he needed that West Ham move.

Southgate has been very vocal in the past saying he picks players on form and merit. Then goes and picks Phillips and Maguire who aren't playing for their clubs.

Since Phillips signed for Man City, he has started 4 games for them... 2 of those are PL games
Last night was his 4th start for England since he signed for City. Pathetic stat really
Phillips had a really good game last night & provided the platform for Foden & Bellingham to do their thing.

Phillips had a really good game last night & provided the platform for Foden & Bellingham to do their thing.
You would hope he'd have a good game given he was a million times fresher than everyone on that pitch given he's probably only played 90 minutes in 2023 prior to last night 🤣

You would hope he'd have a good game given he was a million times fresher than everyone on that pitch given he's probably only played 90 minutes in 2023 prior to last night 🤣
None of which changes the fact that he was important to last night’s performance.

Seen Maguires mum has put a story on her Instagram about all the abuse he's getting.

It's not a joke, it's disgusting. Yes he's a footballer who gets paid a lot of money and he's made some bad mistakes but he's a human being first and foremost.

How much can one guy take?

It'll only be when it pushes him over the edge the country will be in uproar and say everyone went too far and why didn't anyone do anything about it.

Don't get why he rejected west ham, would've been a great move.
West Ham offered him £100k per week. Under the terms of his Manchester contract he's on £230k per week until 2025. Not unreasonably, given that Manchester entered into that contract freely, he asked them to make up the difference until the end of his contract in 2025. It wasn't a matter of rejecting West Ham, it was a matter of Manchester being a basket case incapable of making bigger picture decisions.

Back
Top Bottom