DCL to Real Madrid?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kev Gee

Reaction score

“The big thing is that when the Premier League comes knocking like it did for Rammers, Brooksy and Dom, you can’t do anything about it.
Very McCabe from wilder there.
When you’re in league one though, he’s not wrong. At least in the Championship you have a option.
Hope this is true due to the windfall we’ll get but it sounds like a Sunday paper story ie manager leaves to go to Real therefore he’ll come back for a young player who played well for him. £50M though? Sounds a significant over valuation for someone who isn’t close to being a Galactico.

The proceeds due to Utd if that does happen would be a huge bonus (somewhere between £7.5-10m) and really boost the budget for next season.

Hope this is true due to the windfall we’ll get but it sounds like a Sunday paper story ie manager leaves to go to Real therefore he’ll come back for a young player who played well for him. £50M though? Sounds a significant over valuation for someone who isn’t close to being a Galactico.
Covid might correct the market but Everton paid 35 million rising to 50 for Richarlison 50 million isn't the fee for the elite anymore

Pretty sure on young lads, with a relatively low fee like DCL, relative to PL teams at the time, we had either 15 or 20 per cent. 15-20 on a profit of about 48m would be an incredible bonus!

Qatar 2022.....

"And here is DCL, the exciting young English striker who has made a phenomenal start to his Real Madrid career, netting 30 goals in all competitions since he arrived in August 21, winning the La Liga title, the Copa Del Rey, narrowly missing out on the Trofeo Pichichi to Lionel Messi, and of course netting the winning goal in the Champions League final against Juventus.

It would defy comprehension for Gareth Southgate not to choose him to lead the attacking line, in this crucial opening game against Germany.....wait, what's this? I am hearing that the team sheet has just been announced.........."

Kane.jpeg

Qatar 2022.....

"And here is DCL, the exciting young English striker who has made a phenomenal start to his Real Madrid career, netting 30 goals in all competitions since he arrived in August 21, winning the La Liga title, the Copa Del Rey, narrowly missing out on the Trofeo Pichichi to Lionel Messi, and of course netting the winning goal in the Champions League final against Juventus.

It would defy comprehension for Gareth Southgate not to choose him to lead the attacking line, in this crucial opening game against Germany.....wait, what's this? I am hearing that the team sheet has just been announced.........."

View attachment 115360
I put a laugh on that but reflecting I’m not sure I should have maybe a sad face or angry would have been more appropriate because this is almost certainly going to happen

Real and Barca are skint, that’s why they wanted the super league so badly, they aren’t paying £50M for anybody anytime soon. They’ve just had the ground renovated and are in €900M of debt which is €200M less than Barca. 😳
Real’s situation is slightly less pressing than that of Barca due to the leniency of the Spanish government who own part of that debt also Madrid owe less in unpaid transfer fees than Barca and so don’t need the cash short term like they do. However, it is likely a period of relative cost cutting is due.

That said paying the quoted fee for DCL would probably represent that for Madrid. A long term successor to benzema has apparently been on their list for a while and havertz was the player identified for that but they were blown out of the water by Chelsea. They aren’t affording haaland or mbappe either. If ancelotti has seen real potential in DCL then 50-60 million plus an affordable contract won’t be beyond Madrid.

Qatar 2022.....

View attachment 115360
I get your post is slightly tongue in cheek but Kane's miles ahead of DCL. He's still young and will be an excellent player as he matures but I'm amazed how many people are prepared to stick the knife into Kane (not aimed at you) after two poor performances. Kane's link up play and goalscoring record speak for themselves at both club and international level. He still deserves the shirt at the moment IMO.

I get your post is slightly tongue in cheek but Kane's miles ahead of DCL. He's still young and will be an excellent player as he matures but I'm amazed how many people are prepared to stick the knife into Kane (not aimed at you) after two poor performances. Kane's link up play and goalscoring record speak for themselves at both club and international level. He still deserves the shirt at the moment IMO.

All fair points, my post was more a dig at Southgate's refusal to mix things up from time to time, and predicting a scenario where DCL may have overtaken Kane, rather than a dig at Kane himself.

Qatar 2022.....

View attachment 115360
Problem there is that if kane goes to Man City he'll have probably got 50 goals going in to the world cup!

Well no matter where he might go we surely have a sell on clause which could do very nicely towards bringing in new faces providing Everton want to cash in. 5 to 10 mill is not to be sneezed at depending what percentage we could be due to. Even at 5% selling a 19 year old for one and a half mill plus the sell on clause is not bad. He would bring in 6 and a half mill for a unproven 19 year old . As it turned out he was a gem but at the time of sale it was not a bad deal for us. Another example of how important a good academy is .I bet our other city club wished they had one bringing in much needed cash.They might be able to pay the staff this month. ha ha

Real and Barca are skint, that’s why they wanted the super league so badly, they aren’t paying £50M for anybody anytime soon. They’ve just had the ground renovated and are in €900M of debt which is €200M less than Barca. 😳

Barca still owe Liverpool £40 million for Philippe Coutinho.

I’m not sure it’s a simple as that Barcelona would probably get a transfer embargo you can’t just Welsh on a payment because you don’t like what you’ve bought unless you have an agreement already set out

Real’s situation is slightly less pressing than that of Barca due to the leniency of the Spanish government who own part of that debt also Madrid owe less in unpaid transfer fees than Barca and so don’t need the cash short term like they do. However, it is likely a period of relative cost cutting is due.

That said paying the quoted fee for DCL would probably represent that for Madrid. A long term successor to benzema has apparently been on their list for a while and havertz was the player identified for that but they were blown out of the water by Chelsea. They aren’t affording haaland or mbappe either. If ancelotti has seen real potential in DCL then 50-60 million plus an affordable contract won’t be beyond Madrid.
50m really isn't much for Real. Yes they are being careful given the debt, but you know they can sell 2 or 3 fringe players to raise 50m without much bother.

I think he'd be a really good striker for them. Would provide a focal point for Rashford & Sancho to play into. Got age on his side.

If they’ve been impressed with what cavani offers as a target man it would make sense to have good cover/succession for him. Greenwood isn’t that type of striker and nor are any of their under 23 lads so they’ll have to buy that in and DCL would seem a logical choice.

Back
Top Bottom