Forget McAtee

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm not surprised to see him go on tour with city so they can have a proper look at him after a season with us. Also not surprised they have turned down big money for a transfer. None of that means they won't loan him out for another season though. Not saying it definitely will happen, but I don't think this changes anything for us.

I think they’ll loan him out or play him a bit and get him integrated back within their set up.

I can’t see him coming on loan to us again as they’ll want him somewhere a bit more competitive, I’d guess. With us, it’s less predictable how we’ll do so putting him with a proven mid table side would be better for him and them

He was crap anyway.
(sounds better than gone to villa etc)

Personally I've never expected him back (would love to be wrong).

I noticed how many City fans were either disappointed or surprised when he wasn't part of their 25 last year.

Be great if I'm well wide of the mark because I'm a big fan but I just can't see us being on the agenda this time.

I think City will a late decision if he goes out on loan or not. They will have him pre-season and see if they think he will be on one their 25 this year. Otherwise, they are usually keen for their players to get loan experience.

No one really expected us to be signing him again though?
The original expectation/hope was to sign Doyle and loan McAtee after what Man City had said about wanting to keep McAtee as a City player.

Apparently Slimane is a similar player to Doyle. Two sitting midfielders to interchange getting forward with the wing backs and Anel would make sense but Doyle would have to accept a relegation clause in his contract

Going on tour with City and have turned bids down of up to £30 mill.
Pepp has always said he would go on tour with them, that doesn’t mean he’ll be staying, but he won’t be sold either, he’ll either be part of their squad or loaned out to a prem club, I recon we’ll hold out to know if that could be us.

His impact absolutely was crucial that is undeniable.

IMO he has potential to be on outstanding player, some of his touches and finishing at times is genuinely elite, just lacking some consistency, but he was going from strength to strength for us.

If it wasn't for him and Doyle coming in we'd be setting up for a Sheffield derby this season.

Exactly this. Norwood, Fleck, Berge weren't fit for purpose the last time we were in the PL, and looked slow and one dimensional in the Championship last season. The prospect of them getting serious game time next season causes me anxiety attacks.

McAtee, Doyle, Ndiaye we're our energy and attacking threat. Not having any of those 3 next season is concerning....

I think City will a late decision if he goes out on loan or not. They will have him pre-season and see if they think he will be on one their 25 this year. Otherwise, they are usually keen for their players to get loan experience.

Yeah any loan from City will come at the end of the transfer window.

All that means is they seem to think he is good enough for them long term
We went through the exact same playbook with brewster its how these big boys exctract maximum value for their asset

If we can't get McAtee back we'll try for Palmer over Doyle I suspect

Back
Top Bottom