DCL to Real Madrid?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That's not what we are discussing.

Wilder said we couldn't prevent Brooks from leaving for a Prem team. You said in the champ we have the option of keeping players but clearly from our former managers own words that isn't always the case

Sheffield United could land summer cash boost as Arsenal eye £50m star​

Football.London have claimed that Calvert-Lewin is now the top target for Mikel Arteta and Edu. Everton reportedly value Calvert-Lewin at around the £50m mark, which means that United, if they’ve been smart on this deal, could be set for a nice cash boost

Sheffield United could land summer cash boost as Arsenal eye £50m star​

Football.London have claimed that Calvert-Lewin is now the top target for Mikel Arteta and Edu. Everton reportedly value Calvert-Lewin at around the £50m mark, which means that United, if they’ve been smart on this deal, could be set for a nice cash boost
Not just a cash boost, imagine the sales pitch you could give, trying to convince a young player and his family to sign at the academy, here is our hall of fame, Maguire, Walker, Ramsdale, Calvert Lewin, Brooks, RND all full Internationals,,,

Still young, proven Premier player, England international, mega rich owners who presumably won't haggle over the fee as their aim will be to get the players they want at whatever the cost. I could see him moving on for 70-80 mill. Can't remember what our cut would be, but that would surely be a good chunk to begin the rebuild process next season which is desperately needed. I'd start from the back with GK Predrag Rajkovic if we could entice him to play Championship football.

Arsenal showing renewed interest in DCL. Hopefully generate some competition from Newcastle to push the price up.
one would hope we have a 15% sell on clause, (anyone ?) which would generate £7.5 very welcome millions.

Ok, not Real Madrid. But West Ham in one of the papers today.

Not sure what our sell-on would be, bit let's assume 15%. Would be a handy £8.7m, assuming we sold him for a couple of million and he goes for the reported 60m. 11.6m if it was 20%.
🤞

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-23-16-43-03-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-23-16-43-03-48.jpg
    796.8 KB · Views: 27

Not sure what our sell-on would be, bit let's assume 15%. Would be a handy £8.7m, assuming we sold him for a couple of million and he goes for the reported 60m. 11.6m if it was 20%.
🤞

It would be a welcome bonus for the summer's squad transformation budget but it would also undoubtedly trigger the 'we should have kept him / we sold him too cheaply!' brigade :)

Surprised no-one has snapped him up yet, reckon he'd be a cracking signing for a team that can give him better service.

🤞

Come on West Ham. Pay 100 million.

We need some cashback.

Imagine swapping Everton for West Ham Two very similar clubs. I can't see why anyone with ambition to be in Europe would.

🤞
I’m sure I remember the fee being £900k rising to £1.4m with a 15% sell on

Even if its 'only' 15% sell on, if he goes for £60m then that's a very handy £9m coming our way. Might not see a lot of it in transfer fees but it will certainly help pay a few more bills.

Imagine swapping Everton for West Ham Two very similar clubs. I can't see why anyone with ambition to be in Europe would.
London clubs will always have an edge over similar clubs because of location. Hammers are still well in the mix given how inconsistent Man U, Arsenal and Spurs are.

London clubs will always have an edge over similar clubs because of location. Hammers are still well in the mix given how inconsistent Man U, Arsenal and Spurs are.
For now. Nobody is thinking West Ham will be regularly punching at this level. Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal will get above them and Newcastle. Leicester too could give them a run. And Everton themselves if they got their shit together

Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin, 24, Wolves midfielder Ruben Neves, 24, and Aston Villa's Douglas Luiz, 23, are on a transfer wish list drawn up by Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta

We do need DCL to be moved on before the start of next season. The potential influx of £9m could definitely keep the wolves from the door and provide us with a realistic chance of promotion next season

We do need DCL to be moved on before the start of next season. The potential influx of £9m could definitely keep the wolves from the door and provide us with a realistic chance of promotion next season

Agreed - for context that £9m would equate to us being able to pay c10 players c15k a week next season.

That’s basically a full sides wage bill!

Hope he gets his move.

Agreed - for context that £9m would equate to us being able to pay c10 players c15k a week next season.

That’s basically a full sides wage bill!

Hope he gets his move.
Naive , I’m sure PA will take some back that he has allegedly spent , the bloke is going to bleed us dry

Naive , I’m sure PA will take some back that he has allegedly spent , the bloke is going to bleed us dry

Not suggesting we will spend it all! But it’s better than being forced to sell someone we want to keep.

I get that the Prince doesn’t have loads of money but neither do most championship sides. He spent the best part of 140m in the premier league (just not on the right players). That’s approx 130m more than Norwich spend trying to stay up, more than wba did too.

This season, He employed a very expensive manager, brought in high end loan signings. So it’s not like we’ve spent nowt. We are probably talking multiple millions in fees and wages for Olsen alone.

Loads of clubs struggle once relegated with huge wage bills and players on contacts they can’t move (Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn, Huddersfield etc.) It may not be ideal but for me it’s better to cut our cloth whilst it’s in our hands then be forced to do so down the line.

Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin, 24, Wolves midfielder Ruben Neves, 24, and Aston Villa's Douglas Luiz, 23, are on a transfer wish list drawn up by Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta

Arsenal are far more likely to pay what Everton are seeking than West Ham. That would be a good move for him (and Utd!).

Not suggesting we will spend it all! But it’s better than being forced to sell someone we want to keep.

I get that the Prince doesn’t have loads of money but neither do most championship sides. He spent the best part of 140m in the premier league (just not on the right players). That’s approx 130m more than Norwich spend trying to stay up, more than wba did too.

This season, He employed a very expensive manager, brought in high end loan signings. So it’s not like we’ve spent nowt. We are probably talking multiple millions in fees and wages for Olsen alone.

Loads of clubs struggle once relegated with huge wage bills and players on contacts they can’t move (Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn, Huddersfield etc.) It may not be ideal but for me it’s better to cut our cloth whilst it’s in our hands then be forced to do so down the line.This

This 130 million is United money he’s borrowed the money using premiership parachute payments and the ground as guarantees for the loans , because he’s got very little relatively speaking

Back
Top Bottom