Player Suggestion Nampalys Mendy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

brownblade

Reaction score
Defensive midfielder that looks likely to be on a free transfer this summer. I could have sworn I made this suggestion thread about a month ago, but seemingly I did not.

He might not get any contract offers from other Prem clubs, as he's not exactly been a star at Leicester.

Plays an integral midfield role for Senegal, a senior teammate of a certain I.Ndiaye.

Good article on him here: https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...y-saved-leicester-7893514#amp-readmore-target

Defensive midfielder that looks likely to be on a free transfer this summer. I could have sworn I made this suggestion thread about a month ago, but seemingly I did not.

He might not get any contract offers from other Prem clubs, as he's not exactly been a star at Leicester.

Plays an integral midfield role for Senegal, a senior teammate of a certain I.Ndiaye.

Good article on him here: https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...y-saved-leicester-7893514#amp-readmore-target
Don't think this is a bad suggestion on a free. Played 17 times for Leicester last season and 30s not a bad age but a quick Google suggests he's been on £49k a week over there. No wonder they are in the shit as well and shows what we're up against.

Don't think this is a bad suggestion on a free. Played 17 times for Leicester last season and 30s not a bad age but a quick Google suggests he's been on £49k a week over there. No wonder they are in the shit as well and shows what we're up against.
Not impossible he's on that wage. Though you can't believe much online about a player's salary.

He'll know that salary was a one off however, and there's nothing to say he wouldn't accept (e.g) half that amount on a two year contract.

He's 30 now so the next contract he signs will be his last big one. He's 31 next month though, so I'd rather we were looking at someone younger. I also suspect he might go back to ligue 1. Maybe, but he'd need to take a big pay cut and not want more than 2 years.

I actually wouldn't be adverse to this lad he's played nearly 100 games for Leicester and 3 seasons at Monaco and 100 games for nice
I have asked a foxes fan I know and he's one of those players who the fans couldn't understand why Rodgers didn't play more
Described him as one of those players that did his job really well but never got any plaudits
Someone like him with Doyle (please God 🙏) would give us that solid central 2 behind Ndiaye, berge etc

If the reported wages are correct I'll take living closer to the breadline rather than fooling ourselves that we're in a position to compete at an unrealistic level. Slow, gradual progress is the way to go, rather than bring this club to it's knees. If our circumstance ever changes and we can pay exorbitant wages/fees then I hope we have wise heads responsible for where this might lead. Until that day, well surely it's right and proper to cut our cloth accordingly and live within our means.

I actually wouldn't be adverse to this lad he's played nearly 100 games for Leicester and 3 seasons at Monaco and 100 games for nice
I have asked a foxes fan I know and he's one of those players who the fans couldn't understand why Rodgers didn't play more
Described him as one of those players that did his job really well but never got any plaudits
Someone like him with Doyle (please God 🙏) would give us that solid central 2 behind Ndiaye, berge etc
Apparently Amarty is also ooc decent back up centre half good age at 28

He's 30 now so the next contract he signs will be his last big one. He's 31 next month though, so I'd rather we were looking at someone younger. I also suspect he might go back to ligue 1. Maybe, but he'd need to take a big pay cut and not want more than 2 years.
Agree generally RE younger incomings. But it helps to have some experience in a position like DM. Also, he's free.

Agree he'll have offers from Ligue 1, but they're not generally huge wage payers there. Nobody is going to match his current Leicester salary (assuming it's probably £40k+) - he's not exactly Kante.

He also doesn't have to move house to play for us, if he's got a family.

Now officially going to be a free transfer.

Feels right to me.

Make Iliman think he's recommended him as well! Then get his own contract offer straight on the desk.

I reckon Mendy is the most realistic to sign from the players released by Leicester. By all accounts he was liked there too and the fans wanted to see more of him.

I'm bumping this because I still think he'd be an absolutely excellent signing on a free. Wages being my only concern, but I bet he earned enough at Leicester to make an average/low Prem wage acceptable now. Unless he's hoping for Saudi money.

Forget resale value, could be really good for us for a few seasons. Despite being diminutive, he can do a similar job to be cover for Souza. He could also play alongside Souza in a 3421 shape, making us look nice and solid.

I don't know what bumping it achieves though 😂

I'm bumping this because I still think he'd be an absolutely excellent signing on a free. Wages being my only concern, but I bet he earned enough at Leicester to make an average/low Prem wage acceptable now. Unless he's hoping for Saudi money.

Forget resale value, could be really good for us for a few seasons. Despite being diminutive, he can do a similar job to be cover for Souza. He could also play alongside Souza in a 3421 shape, making us look nice and solid.
Good shout but Hecky did say he didn't expect any more free transfers so it's unlikely. If there's a centre mid to come in seems it'll be Doyle and he would be an excellent addition in fairness.

Back
Top Bottom