DCL to Real Madrid?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This 130 million is United money he’s borrowed the money using premiership parachute payments and the ground as guarantees for the loans , because he’s got very little relatively speaking
He has got very little, he knows that and we know that, but at least he to date made the money available to the management team.the fact it has been “wasted” is no fault of his. I would want him and expect him to now cut his cloth in accordance with income otherwise we get into a stickier mess than we are in at the moment. But I suppose we could always spend what we have not got and become a Derby etc?

Naive , I’m sure PA will take some back that he has allegedly spent , the bloke is going to bleed us dry
In what way is PA going to 'bleed us dry' and can you provide the forum details of how much he personally has taken out of the club so far ?You obviously have more knowledge of this than many of us.

This 130 million is United money he’s borrowed the money using premiership parachute payments and the ground as guarantees for the loans , because he’s got very little relatively speaking

All very interesting Dave (and I'm not disputing what you say) but back to my question, how much do you think HRH / PA has extracted from the club since taking on sole ownership?

How do you think most businesses work?

He’s spending what is available and being brought into the club via gate receipts and tv money etc. That’s what businesses do… he’s not going to have the tv money sat in the bank and pop in 20m for berge himself is he?

That’s what Manchester United do / it’s basically what every club not bankrolled by billionaires has to do. And we are clearly not owned by someone with the ability to absorb huge losses, the club needs to sustain itself in the long term. We can only ever spend what we earn.

And if he wanted to ‘extract that money’ he wouldn’t have paid the fees we have would he? We’d have tried to stay up with promotion squad (like Norwich) and he’d have paid himself huge dividends to extract that money.

Last edited:
Naive , I’m sure PA will take some back that he has allegedly spent , the bloke is going to bleed us dry

He'll repay loans he's taken out again Prem money. Either way, it's better for us. Even if we don't realise any immediate benefit.

He'll repay loans he's taken out again Prem money. Either way, it's better for us. Even if we don't realise any immediate benefit.
The PL will repay the loans we've taken out against future parachute payments. That isn't the issue. The issue is what we do when we're next short on available cash because the parachute payments are no longer available.

The PL will repay the loans we've taken out against future parachute payments. That isn't the issue. The issue is what we do when we're next short on available cash because the parachute payments are no longer available.

We’ll go back to paying lower wages and having to sell players we want to keep like almost every championship club has to do.

We have to adapt to a business bringing only 20% of what a PL club does.

We’ll go back to paying lower wages and having to sell players we want to keep like almost every championship club has to do.

We have to adapt to a business bringing only 20% of what a PL club does.
Agreed but we're stuck paying PL/high Championship wages to the following:

Mousset - 2022 (option to 2023)
McBurnie - 2023
Burke - 2023
Fleck - 2023
Norwood - 2023
Stevens - 2023
Baldock - 2024
Berge - 2024
Bogle - 2024
Egan - 2024
Lowe - 2024
Brewster - 2025

That may explain why we're not exactly racing to renew Basham's contact - trying to offload some of the higher earners because at this point in time none of them is performing at the level they're being paid.

McBurnie - 2023
Burke - 2023
Fleck - 2023
Norwood - 2023
Stevens - 2023
Baldock - 2024
Berge - 2024
Bogle - 2024
Egan - 2024
Lowe - 2024
Brewster - 2025

That may explain why we're not exactly racing to renew Basham's contact - trying to offload some of the higher earners because at this point in time none of them is performing at the level they're being paid.

No I agree with you… I understand why we are being cautious with money.

Lots of those contracts (even assuming relegation decreases) are essentially albatrosses around our necks. No one is coming in to buy most of those given their age and recent performances.

Reduced spending and loans instead of perm transfers. This is the only way we’ll be able to cover paying outstanding wages and the rest of the more high end players for the rest of their contracts.

The way I see it the club is trying to get out ahead of that rather than adding more players to the squad and exhasibating the issue.

The only think that might swing some of this is getting a chunk in for berge or mcburnie and that’s looking less and less likely as time goes on.

McBurnie - 2023
Burke - 2023
Fleck - 2023
Norwood - 2023
Stevens - 2023
Baldock - 2024
Berge - 2024
Bogle - 2024
Egan - 2024
Lowe - 2024
Brewster - 2025

As someone interested in finance and who works in finance, I have no issue with the way the Board has approached the season other than leaving the signings a little late in the summer window, because you need to bed them in.

We sold Rammers for a profit after he showed he was prepared to be disruptive to move. We seem to have got the best deal possible there for someone who had a mixed bag even if he was POTY.

We replaced with Olsen who on the face of it looked like a solid addition. He wasn't, so we've offloaded him at the earliest convenience along with the other keeper,.Verrips, who nobody trusted and hired Davies, who played 15 games this season, conceded only 12 and kept 6 clean sheets and is well known to the manager.

We borrowed the left centre back many had as the ideal pick to sub in for O'Connell when we signed Davies on loan.

We hired probably the standout performer of the division in Morgan Gibbs-White and added a highly experienced midfielder in Hourihane, whom, after Davies, has played the most for the current manager. We even stretched to adding Guedioura when Slav still couldn't get a tune out of his set up. We offloaded a young lad to Hull who 3 managers decided not to pick.

We seem to still be in for a back up centre back yet still carry all of the Premier League signings we made and continue to finance a large squad.

What has the Prince exactly done wrong here? Outside of telling Slav not to change from 3 at the back, notably the same Slav who we are clamoured for when he was linked.

Short of jeoparising the club's future I'm not sure what else we should have done given nobody was knocking to take any of our players, aside from Ramsdale.

Many Blades who had,nt seen DCL play didn't rate him whe he appeared in the 1st team Squad.
Reminded me a bit ofJebbo yesterday, Totally different game at 1st team level these lads need time to mature.
Everton gave DCL time to do this as Hecki said in his post match briefing yesterday Jebbison is a baby

As someone interested in finance and who works in finance, I have no issue with the way the Board has approached the season other than leaving the signings a little late in the summer window, because you need to bed them in.

We sold Rammers for a profit after he showed he was prepared to be disruptive to move. We seem to have got the best deal possible there for someone who had a mixed bag even if he was POTY.

We replaced with Olsen who on the face of it looked like a solid addition. He wasn't, so weve offloaded him at the earliest convenience along with the other keeper,.Verrips, who nobody trusted and hired Davies, who played 15 games this season, conceded only 12 and kept 6 clean sheets and is well known to the manager.

We borrowed the left centre back many had as the ideal pick to sub in for O'Connell when we signed Davies on loan.

We hired probably the standout performer of the division in Morgan Gibbs-White and added a highly experienced midfielder in Hourihane, whom, after Davies, has played the most for the current manager. We even stretched to adding Guedioura when Slav still couldn't get a tune out of his set up. We offloaded a young lad to Hull who 3 managers decided not to pick.

We seem to still be in for a back up centre back yet still carry all of the Premier League signings we made and continue to finance a large squad.

What has the Prince exactly done wrong here? Outside of telling Slav not to change from 3 at the back, notably the same Slav who we are clamoured for when he was linked.

Short of jeoparising the club's future I'm not sure what else we should have done given nobody was knocking to take any of our players, aside from Ramsdale.
A champagne post that spot on in my opinion.
When you consider our past owner is trying to derail us ! he is doing OK.
Big blade is Mccabe putting his personal fortune before the Blades.
Followed by Wilder who walks out the back door with a wedge.(something he said he would nt do.)

We replaced with Olsen who on the face of it looked like a solid addition. He wasn't, so we've offloaded him at the earliest convenience along with the other keeper,.Verrips, who nobody trusted and hired Davies, who played 15 games this season, conceded only 12 and kept 6 clean sheets and is well known to the manager.

Not blaming HRH but getting stiffed (yet again) by Liverpool into paying the wages of the lightweight Davies when we needed a more physically dominant CB is just stupid - I hope to goodness we don't get Klopped into buying him.

Maybe it isn't injury why Dom hasn't been playing much 🤫

I saw something on Twitter the other day but some people thought the reason he was where he was, was driving offences?
Yeh looks like he’s been fined £1,600 and given 3 points for driving at 58mph in a 50mph zone…

Can’t see Everton dropping him for that.

It's a shame they didn't sell him last year, his value has probably dropped a fair bit after the injuries he's had. Still, you'd expect him to fetch £50-60m.
At 15% that's worth £7.5m - £9m to us. Gives us our transfer budget without the Prince having to put his hands in his shallow pockets...

He was in endcliffe park the other day wearing women's shoes if anyone's Interested. I know how much we love a gossip about players garms.

Do Real fans prefer players needing a bigger cup size?

Screenshot_20220411-161052_WhatsApp.jpg

Newcastle to enter race with Arsenal to sign Calvert Lewin says one of the Sunday rags this morning

The more the merrier. Hopefully push the price up and hence the sell on fee?

I would hope for 15% of what should be in excess of £40m

According to the BBC website (quoting The Torygraph) Newcastle will make a summer bid for Everton and England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin, 25, as a priority target. The Magpies have held a prolonged interest in the player, as have Arsenal.

According to the BBC website (quoting The Torygraph) Newcastle will make a summer bid for Everton and England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin, 25, as a priority target. The Magpies have held a prolonged interest in the player, as have Arsenal.

Was just about to post this also haha

Go on Newcastle. Give us a £ boost for next season.

25 years old with plenty of Premier League experience, I would imagine he is on quite a few teams radar.

Back
Top Bottom