Incoming? Cameron Brannagan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Raiderman50

Reaction score
Sheffield United & Fleetwood are interested in signing Liverpool midfielder Cameron Brannagan. #sufc #TwitterBlades #ftfc #CodArmy source @TheFLZone

Sounds decent from what I've read just now. Its always a gamble signing a youngster on loan but he seems to have a decent pedigree and Liverpool rate him highly. If he does as well as Coady then we'll be in for a great player. If true of course.

Players who we are linked with want more money if they hear it's us chasing them, I get that excuse.
Players coming in from the championship teams still want championship wages, makes sense.
I just can't get my head around why we don't get exciting youth prospects from the premiership like everyone seems to.

Wigan offered £1M to buy him in July which was turned down. Herr Klopp rates him and Barcelona have had him watched by scouts. 5'11" attacking midfielder. Played for England U18 & U21

Sounds too good for the likes of us. Get him in!

The deal with Wigan fell through as Liverpool apparently wanted to stipulate that he plays in a certain percentage of games (75% I think I read). Can't see that being an issue for Utd considering the state of the midfield.

Players who we are linked with want more money if they hear it's us chasing them, I get that excuse.
Players coming in from the championship teams still want championship wages, makes sense.
I just can't get my head around why we don't get exciting youth prospects from the premiership like everyone seems to.

Harry Chapman fits into the bracket of young Premiership players? He might not have set the world alight yet but he's not started yet and he's here for the season.

The type we need for sure.

Hope he arrives and is able to play confidently and without fear.
Get it done Chris....pass Herr Klopp my regards....top top manager that fella.

Great goal but the corner pace is something we could do with a bit more too! Hussey will get it right though in my view. I actually think he's gonna be a Blades favourite in time.

Decent all-round view here.

Based purely on that snippet, and I'm not saying he's some kind of superstar from a short online video, he looks very much like what we need. Not afraid to put a foot in, good passing, decent shot on him...looks to be mainly where Bash usually plays but can pop up all over (only going on this, not pretending to know his whole game).

Looks promising. Even if he's not always starting, we need something, anything better than what we currently have in the middle.

That fell through the other day, don't know why though.

Apparently because Liverpool have stipulated that the team who loan the lad have to use him as a first team regular........ Wigan couldn't guarantee this and it is thought that Liverpool would favour a League One team for this reason.

I don't see where a small attacking midfielder is going to fit in this season. He doesn't look like he could play in a two with Fleck.

I don't see where a small attacking midfielder is going to fit in this season. He doesn't look like he could play in a two with Fleck.

I think if sharp goes wilder will go back to 4231 and this lad could play in the hole

Far too much emphasis placed on height.

Rather have pace and mobility as a physical attribute than someone who's tall and can therefore win headers. How often is it really crucial for a central midfielder to win his headers?

I would welcome this lads arrival if it were to come off, it's that sort of ability we need in midfield over someone who just tries hard. Basham is a top fella, but central midfield player he is not. Defender or nowhere for me.

Get his mate Ojo for left wing too. Will
Be easier to have two mates come together on loan. Have they got a young CB too, however I am not sure you can loan more than 2 players from the same club

...a couple of issue's with this...his age and the 'must play clause'

He may well be great, which is problem solved...but if he isn't, we're stuck with him in the team....with, I'd presume Bash, Fleck/Whiteman etc behind the pecking order to a 20 year old who is not even our player...not good for morale and not sure Wilder would agree to that.

Far too much emphasis placed on height.

Rather have pace and mobility as a physical attribute than someone who's tall and can therefore win headers. How often is it really crucial for a central midfielder to win his headers?

I would welcome this lads arrival if it were to come off, it's that sort of ability we need in midfield over someone who just tries hard. Basham is a top fella, but central midfield player he is not. Defender or nowhere for me.

I agree, if we'd be playing three central midfielders.

In a two, the main issue is that he appears to be an attacking midfielder. We can't play an attacking midfielder alongside Fleck in a two. In a three with someone else to do the dirty work, absolutely.

What happens with Sharp is likely to determine whether we go with two or three in midfield.

Take your point Ricky, and I prefer 5 in midfield.

But also agree with Wilder about this attacking and defensive lark....I want the midfield to be able to do it all AND have the brains to know if one attacks the other sits.

So if it were a four, I would expect them to feed off each other and react to what the other is doing.

...a couple of issue's with this...his age and the 'must play clause'

He may well be great, which is problem solved...but if he isn't, we're stuck with him in the team....with, I'd presume Bash, Fleck/Whiteman etc behind the pecking order to a 20 year old who is not even our player...not good for morale and not sure Wilder would agree to that.

Players who have taken us to the bottom of division three have no right to complain about anything, including the 'captain'. Basham is simply not good enough. Whiteman is the latest Bladey Boyband myth. Fantastic when he's not playing.

Ironside..... Ironside.....

Players who have taken us to the bottom of division three have no right to complain about anything, including the 'captain'. Basham is simply not good enough. Whiteman is the latest Bladey Boyband myth. Fantastic when he's not playing.

Ironside..... Ironside.....

I agree up to a point, the point being, if this kid has to play every game and he's 'shit'...'can't handle the pressure' like our players...

I agree up to a point, the point being, if this kid has to play every game and he's 'shit'...'can't handle the pressure' like our players...

You drop him and agree to let him go back.

It's a catch 22 for premierleague clubs as they allow the youngsters to go on the far east tours etc yet if they spend a few more weeks with a loan club, the clubs would have a good idea of game time and how he fits in.

Gone to Fleetwood then......Loan until the end of the season.

Have to be honest and say that they have signed a very decent young prospect here. Could help them lot secure a Play-off spot.

Back
Top Bottom