Danny Ward

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't know anything that goes on behind the scenes but I'm sorry, if this goes through (when you include all the other laughable signings we've made in the last few years), somebody needs to be held accountable and if Paul Mitchell is head of recruitment, it should be him. I wanted him gone after Hecky left but Wilder said he's a good friend and I knew that meant he was staying. Not only does the team on the pitch need a complete refresh, but so too do the backroom staff.

If this is true, this is horrendous recruitment. I do wondered who is in charge of scouting and sanctions these decisions. Surely, Wilder must have reviewed footage, and is this his decision? I do not know and am concerned the direction we are going in.

... I hope this is a rumour and paper talk but time will only tell.

But Simmo was great, initially. I do recall that he seemed to go through a spell of letting in loads of long range shots.
Simmo initially was a great signing on loan and at his peak an excellent keeper. There was high expectations of him as a young player and he was in the England U21 squad with a mate of mine.

Sadly he did drop off notably at an age many keepers hit their peak.

If this is true, I absolutely and openly question the judgement of CW and the recruitment team.

How can the third choice keeper at a championship team be considered a viable signing to compete with what we have?

It’s an absolute joke.

If we sign him I'll give him a chance why wouldn't you.

But face of it, I can't see the reasoning on it. I'd rather stick with what we have and see what options we have in the summer.

It concerns me that he's got barely 100 apps by age 30. In fact he's only actually done a full season once with Huddersfield.
They were promoted that season though which is a positive.

Guess let's wait and see. Maybe we will still look for another keeper come the summer?

Daniel Iversen is a better goalkeeper than Ward, was third choice at the Club. Ward was fourth! Had an excellent season year before last at Preston playing 46 games. 6 foot 4 good distribution only 26 years old.

When Iversen went to Stoke last week on loan that was an opportunity missed for me. Its been suggested that we are in for Ward because thats the only way we can agree on a Thomas return. I hope this is unfounded as it adds weight to the argument our recruitment is shambolic. If we've missed the opportunity to take a better goalkeeper then questions have to be asked as to why?

Ward is categorised by Foxes fans as having a dracula complex and suspect at his near post. As we already have 2 goalkeepers of a similar ilk on our books there seems no logical reason to take him on loan other than he is as cheap as chips. Contrast the following view from a Leicester podcast on Iversen;

"He's been given a chance at Stoke to revitalise his career, but from a Leicester point of view, I think it will be a loan move to do him good, but also to put him in the shop window for a move permanently in the summer."

"Very, very highly thought of, again at international level, excellent shot-stopper, needs to be slightly more commanding. He's got the size to be commanding and I think that will come with age and experience, but aside from that, very calm and overall a goalkeeper where you can look at him and go, do you know what? In years to come, you could be a very good international quality goalkeeper at the highest level."

"I think Stoke are getting a bit of a gem here. It's no surprise he's been let go. Injuries aside, effectively and obviously from a position at the top of the table, we don't really need him which is a glorious position to be in as a fan of a club, but you are talking about an excellent keeper."

If we sign him I'll give him a chance why wouldn't you.

But face of it, I can't see the reasoning on it. I'd rather stick with what we have and see what options we have in the summer.

It concerns me that he's got barely 100 apps by age 30. In fact he's only actually done a full season once with Huddersfield.
They were promoted that season though which is a positive.

Guess let's wait and see. Maybe we will still look for another keeper come the summer?
Leicester fan here, Huddersfield got promoted with a negative goal difference - coincidence?

The shitshow that was last season, change nothing but replace Ward in goal with an outfielder and we would have stayed up. This is not scape goating, he was that BAD! Pound for pound the worst goalie we've ever had considering the £12.5m we paid Liverpool for their 4th choice - horrendous piece of business that was.

I'll drive him to Sheffield myself.

Leicester fan here, Huddersfield got promoted with a negative goal difference - coincidence?

The shitshow that was last season, change nothing but replace Ward in goal with an outfielder and we would have stayed up. This is not scape goating, he was that BAD! Pound for pound the worst goalie we've ever had considering the £12.5m we paid Liverpool for their 4th choice - horrendous piece of business that was.

Anyone got CWs WhatsApp to forward this on…….🙀

Sounds excellent!

But what do we do if we sign him? We still have to give him a chance even if we all think "well that was expected"

Sounds excellent!

But what do we do if we sign him? We still have to give him a chance even if we all think "well that was expected"
What would be the benefit in not giving him a chance?

End of the day makes no difference what the fans think of him .We don't do the scouting or employ him the club do

Until he gets here we won’t know if he’s genuinely any better or worse.

It’s ok Leicester fans saying he’s bad, but compared to what they may have been used to. For all we know he may be an improvement for us!

Plus there’s that nagging question over Thomas and the terms of the loan. Whether we could simply send him back or whether we’ve got to sweeten the return some other way. If it’s the latter then this may all be plan to lead us to another outfield player arriving.

For example…we send Davies out, free up a wage to pay for another outfielder and let Wes defend his shirt from a new arrival?
Improves the keeper spot potentially, and hopefully gets us another defender in to improve the back line.

But…we also need to contend that Wes ain’t staying and refusing a new deal. Davies too OOC.
Wilde meat we’ll have a plan for the summer and beyond so only wants a short term solution for this season.
First choice keepers to improve us are neither cheap nor readily available. So it’s easy sat on our sofas to complain at the choices, but if that’s the best we can afford then that’s where we are. It’s hardly the managers fault.

I suspect the Rotherham keeper will see out the season there and leave. They will go down, and pave the way for him leaving amicably to us. IMHO of course.

They must have us over a barrel re Thomas's contract. Our choice being Thomas or Ward until the end of the season. Our management seem to be making the calculation that a quality LWB is more important to recruit than a quality goalkeeper until the end of the season. Maybe Davies, Amissah or Wes could now move this window to further save on the wage side? That could explain the financial benefit, if one of their wages goes in the pot for elsewhere in the squad. It underlines how screwed we are, and how important break clauses in your favour are when negotiating loans.

Is the quality really out there to
make an unlikely great escape? If not, get long term lads brought in and not desperate loan punts that don't improve us for the longer or shorter term. A quality WB and quality goalkeeper were both imperative for the great escape, imo..

Why are we only looking at Leicester reserve players, don't Wilder & Mitchell realise there are other clubs out there

Well I am shocked. It’s not like Liverpool to offload a player for a vastly inflated price only for them to turn out to not be very good.

We are an absolute fucking joke, it's so so bad a rumour it's bound to be true.

What right minded person has watched Leicester last year and thinks this is a plausible consideration.

Enough to make you cry.
Well I mean someone watched our last relegation season and concluded that Ramsdale was good enough for Arsenal.

Back
Top Bottom