Cameron Humphreys

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Remember him getting a few cup starts under pep and being hyped up quite a bit at the time.

As a gamble to take it’s really not a bad one at all good age good pedigree and a bit of senior football under his belt. We lack depth at the position as well so I’d be in favour of this type of signing definitely.

Hadn't seen this one. Despite spending most of my life checking the Rumour Mill.

Makes sense. Except Bash plays RCB.

Rangers current CBs on free transfers as well (according to this article) but I can't say I've seen very much of them, with no idea about where they'd be hoping to sign either

Hadn't seen this one. Despite spending most of my life checking the Rumour Mill.

Makes sense. Except Bash plays RCB.

Rangers current CBs on free transfers as well (according to this article) but I can't say I've seen very much of them, with no idea about where they'd be hoping to sign either
Bash will eventually have to be phased out despite how good he is eventually he won’t be able to play twice a week or maybe he’ll start picking up more injuries missed a decent chunk of this season despite being mr dependable previously.

I’d rather we look for his successor whilst he’s still around as opposed to trying to replace him when his time here comes to an end because we’re not good at panic transfers.

Bash will eventually have to be phased out despite how good he is eventually he won’t be able to play twice a week or maybe he’ll start picking up more injuries missed a decent chunk of this season despite being mr dependable previously.

I’d rather we look for his successor whilst he’s still around as opposed to trying to replace him when his time here comes to an end because we’re not good at panic transfers.
Oh absolutely, succession planning. I just have no idea if this kid would be happy to fill that "potential replacement" role. No idea! 😄👍

Oh absolutely, succession planning. I just have no idea if this kid would be happy to fill that "potential replacement" role. No idea! 😄👍
If he came now he’d be at worst 4th choice maybe better. If he’s any good he should back himself to beat out one of the current 3. Rangers reportedly being interested concerns me as they seem to be very good at getting the free agents they go after.

If he came now he’d be at worst 4th choice maybe better. If he’s any good he should back himself to beat out one of the current 3. Rangers reportedly being interested concerns me as they seem to be very good at getting the free agents they go after.
It'll be the wages, guaranteed trophy each season (league or cup) and European football.

Yep I think that’s a pretty decent summary only reason to choose championship is to give yourself a better shot at the prem but other than that not much contest.
It might be a trophy but that's almost a given if it's Rangers or Celtic, there's so many games against inferior opposition and playing in Europe; yeah I can see that as a pull, but the overall standard in the SPL, I doubt it's higher there than in the top half of the Championship, possible exception is the Old Firm but then you're having to play the likes of St Mirren, Ross County every other week, even the bigger clubs are not likely to be as good as the top 8 or so in the Championship.

It might be a trophy but that's almost a given if it's Rangers or Celtic, there's so many games against inferior opposition and playing in Europe; yeah I can see that as a pull, but the overall standard in the SPL, I doubt it's higher there than in the top half of the Championship, possible exception is the Old Firm but then you're having to play the likes of St Mirren, Ross County every other week, even the bigger clubs are not likely to be as good as the top 8 or so in the Championship.
I think I’m terms of standard what you get is the decent SPL sides have a smattering of good to really good championship players given how many perform south of the border with the numbers made up using league one standard players. The old firm sides have a couple of fringe prem players and probably a championship standard across the board which makes the difference.

I think I’m terms of standard what you get is the decent SPL sides have a smattering of good to really good championship players given how many perform south of the border with the numbers made up using league one standard players. The old firm sides have a couple of fringe prem players and probably a championship standard across the board which makes the difference.
Couldn't agree more with that Yogi. If I was Scottish I'd probably see it differently, but I'd rather play in the Championship than even at the Old Firm, certainly if it was for any of the bigger clubs here, of which I'd include ourselves. That's not taking anything any from the size of the Old Firm who are huge clubs, I'd never deny that.

Couldn't agree more with that Yogi. If I was Scottish I'd probably see it differently, but I'd rather play in the Championship than even at the Old Firm, certainly if it was for any of the bigger clubs here, of which I'd include ourselves. That's not taking anything any from the size of the Old Firm who are huge clubs, I'd never deny that.
I can understand wanting to go and play for the old firm clubs to get that experience in front of big crowds and play European football but I wouldnt want to do it in my early 20’s as I think it reduces your chances of really kicking on unless like Tierney you’re obviously a big cut above. Once you’re in your mid 20’s and you haven’t managed to break into the prem I can see why it becomes more and more attractive with each year that passes.

I'd rather cut my legs off and glue my ankles to my hips than play in Scotland.
It's the lynx lager of football leagues.

Sign the cunt. Jesus. He’s been better against us than any centre half throughout all last season, even in a friendly he wouldn’t let us score.

We need 2 players to cover for Anel & Egan - Bash alone is not enough - so we need a top quality starting LCB plus a younger Rfooted CB on the bench ahead of Bash.
IMHO Bash is alongside Fleck & Osborn in squad rankings 21-25 , only to appear on the bench when injuries bite

Unfortunately there is currently competition for squad rankings 21-25 with Brewster McBurnie RND Bogle and Coulibaly injured.
Bit of a nuisance when you are debating which of your injured are worth including in yer 25.

Not seen the game but ffs...... again?! He might be worth looking at along with their keeper. Looks like someone who could play all across a back 3 as well

Let's make him the rumour mill's new Mads Andersen

Not seen the game but ffs...... again?! He might be worth looking at along with their keeper. Looks like someone who could play all across a back 3 as well

Let's make him the rumour mill's new Mads Andersen
Unfortunately yes.

He might only play like Prime Maldini against us, but he's worth signing just so he can't play against us

Unfortunately yes.

He might only play like Prime Maldini against us, but he's worth signing just so he can't play against us
My cousin is a Miller and told me to watch out for him, before the game. Said he's their best player. So I don't think it is just against us!

My cousin is a Miller and told me to watch out for him, before the game. Said he's their best player. So I don't think it is just against us!
He was brilliant last year, he's pacey, left footed, good pedigree, decent age. I dunno why other teams aren't looking at him, more so us. We haven't actually scored past him.

He was brilliant last year, he's pacey, left footed, good pedigree, decent age. I dunno why other teams aren't looking at him, more so us. We haven't actually scored past him.
Same with their keeper (as mentioned above)!

According to the OP here we were looking at him last year so who knows, maybe again. The clubs linked there indicate decent calibre, and obviously he's done well enough at Rotherham to suggest the games against us were no fluke

It is also correct to single him out from those games because he was clearly their best defender

And today's bump is from the "played well against us once" side of the coin!
Try three times, all the times I've seen him play against us. Where we haven't scored a solitary goal.

Back
Top Bottom