Danny Ward

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That's the attitude, throwing toys out of the pram. Bye.
They've got a point though. It's pathetic if the club think Danny Ward is the best use of any funds we have. I think Wes is awful, but so is Ward.
I know it could be a lazy story, but if we end up with him then someone has seriously lost the plot in the club.

My hope in that the Danny Ward story is bull is that the other month we were meant to be signing another shit GK in Jed Steer and didn't.

This would be a rotten signing. I’d much much rather have Wes keep his place.

At least if we had gone for someone like johannson - it might have cost us more but he’d be a Long term solution.

It’s an indictment of our recruitment strategy that LB and GK were widely considered our weakest positions in the summer. And we’re at a position where there weren’t improved on at all and LB actually got worse (Though I’ll hold my hands up and say I thought wes would be ok and not the number one priority).

This would be a terrible signing couple of their fans I know told me they would drive him to us. They said on crosses and low shots he’s poor hence why he doesn’t get picked.
If this guy is signed Wes’s position will be safe

If we are serious about keepers the Rotherham or Plymouth keeper. Cooper is currently injured but with the injury he would still be better than Ward

They've got a point though. It's pathetic if the club think Danny Ward is the best use of any funds we have. I think Wes is awful, but so is Ward.
I know it could be a lazy story, but if we end up with him then someone has seriously lost the plot in the club.
Ward is worse

Conceded 5.5 more goals than he was expected to last season. Notable that the teams that went down all had GKs with poor metrics here (Bazunu, Meslier and Ward)

Screenshot_20240108-180720~2.png

Conceded 5.5 more goals than he was expected to last season. Notable that the teams that went down all had GKs with poor metrics here (Bazunu, Meslier and Ward)

View attachment 177294
Yes, but are those poor stats due to their lack of ability or as a result of playing behind a poor team? I’d expect the three statistically worse keepers to be from the three relegated teams most seasons, doesn’t necessarily mean, they are the poorest goalkeepers, per se.

I think a more interesting statistic and a fairer assessment, in terms of ability, would be how many goals conceded, as a percentage of oppositions total shots on goal.

Might as well keep Thomas and put him in goal?

One things for sure, I think if I was Amissah, I’d be looking to get a move away this January!
Maybe you could give us a detailed overview of Amissah’s performances in training this season and then we might understand your comment.

Maybe you could give us a detailed overview of Amissah’s performances in training this season and then we might understand your comment.
Yes certainly, you obviously won’t realise it, but you’ve inadvertently hit the nail on the head there.

Jordan is 22 years old, he’s out of contract in June. If he had a realistic pathway at United he’d be looking to be getting ahead of Adam Davies by now. As a young keeper he needs to be playing games, not warming Wes up every Saturday and playing the occasional game for the 21’s. Purely ‘training’ with the first team will not develop him to the required standard, nor put him in the shop window or build a CV, that might attract potential suitors.

Supposing he’s released in June, where will he go? Who will want a keeper with very little experience in mens football? The fact that Utd are looking to bring in another keeper suggests he’ll be further down the pecking order still, which for his sake may at least allow him to go out on loan, if he can get one.

In short, if anyone has ambitions to make it to the top, it’s no good purely being a training keeper and third choice, just hanging about because the first team need 4 keepers for training. He needs to be thinking of number one and get out and prove himself in the real world, unless of course his aspirations are to emulate the career of Jake Eastwood?

Yes certainly, you obviously won’t realise it, but you’ve inadvertently hit the nail on the head there.

Jordan is 22 years old, he’s out of contract in June. If he had a realistic pathway at United he’d be looking to be getting ahead of Adam Davies by now. As a young keeper he needs to be playing games, not warming Wes up every Saturday and playing the occasional game for the 21’s. Purely ‘training’ with the first team will not develop him to the required standard, nor put him in the shop window or build a CV, that might attract potential suitors.

Supposing he’s released in June, where will he go? Who will want a keeper with very little experience in mens football? The fact that Utd are looking to bring in another keeper suggests he’ll be further down the pecking order still, which for his sake may at least allow him to go out on loan, if he can get one.

In short, if anyone has ambitions to make it to the top, it’s no good purely being a training keeper and third choice, just hanging about because the first team need 4 keepers for training. He needs to be thinking of number one and get out and prove himself in the real world, unless of course his aspirations are to emulate the career of Jake Eastwood?
Firstly, neither of us knows what his aspirations are. But maybe, as a very young goalkeeper, he wants to continue to develop at a club in the top 2 divisions to the point he can eventually challenge for the number 1 position rather than dropping down to become a starter at, probably, L2 or National League level. Maybe he’s been told he’s the only one of the three getting a new contract next season. I don’t know (although I could probably find out) and neither do you.

Secondly, whether he goes out in January or not isn’t his decision.

I have a feeling we think we can get VJ cheaper if/when Rotherham get relegated. Maybe something in his contract? Would explain looking at a short term fix for now.

Firstly, neither of us knows what his aspirations are. But maybe, as a very young goalkeeper, he wants to continue to develop at a club in the top 2 divisions to the point he can eventually challenge for the number 1 position rather than dropping down to become a starter at, probably, L2 or National League level. Maybe he’s been told he’s the only one of the three getting a new contract next season. I don’t know (although I could probably find out) and neither do you.

Secondly, whether he goes out in January or not isn’t his decision.
Develop in training to the point where he’ll challenge for the number one spot? Yeah, alright then. 🤣

You’re right I don’t know his aspirations (although I could probably find out) but I doubt it’s to spend the next four years as a training keeper at Sheffield United, earning less than he could get in a regular job and playing non league. But I could be wrong?

So if you could find out if he’s going to be offered a new contract in June, I can certainly pass it on and that would help form his decision on what best to do now 👍🏻

It's obvious what's happening here. We want to terminate Thomas' loan and bring in a keeper to challenge Wes. The termination has to be mutual and Leicester know due to his poor performances this season he won't have many suiters, so want us to continue paying whatever portion of his wages we are paying

The only way they will agree to Thomas going back is by taking on the wages of another of their unwanted players.

It's obvious what's happening here. We want to terminate Thomas' loan and bring in a keeper to challenge Wes. The termination has to be mutual and Leicester know due to his poor performances this season he won't have many suiters, so want us to continue paying whatever portion of his wages we are paying

The only way they will agree to Thomas going back is by taking on the wages of another of their unwanted players.

You're likely correct, but if that is the case we are better off just sticking with Thomas.

That website needs closing down, it’s a news aggregation site and is shite.

That said, if we add Leicester’s 3rd choice GK to the 3rd choice LWB we’ve got then we deserve to go down.
Please somebody in Sheffield get a message to CW that there are better keepers out there and stop picking up 3rd choice players. I know funds are an issue but thus guy is quoted as 12.5m. Seriously can not find a better, cheaper option? Recruiting needs a serious over haul if we pick up this fella.

Please somebody in Sheffield get a message to CW that there are better keepers out there and stop picking up 3rd choice players. I know funds are an issue but thus guy is quoted as 12.5m. Seriously can not find a better, cheaper option? Recruiting needs a serious over haul if we pick up this fella.
Think everybody knows he's shite bar Wilder it seems.

Back
Top Bottom