Outgoing? Bogle

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yeah but he’s wank past the half way line.

Agree and even in a quieter game for Bogle, he was still involved in 3 or 4 of our better moves. He's very positive in his play, the run be made to the byline which he nearly scored from, defender cleared his little chip off the line, later in the game he attacks the box and his left footed shot was heading in but for hitting MGW on the way. He also made a couple of decent crosses / incisive passes into the box.

I'm surprised people have been marking him so low for today's performance, I thought he offered a lot and on another day at least one of those contributions would have been decisive.

Boggle was not really tested as a right back and it is subsequently difficult to judge his defensive performance but he was out of position on a number of occasions being too far inside which meant MGW had to race back.
looked reasonable going forward but there were a number of instances in the second half when he could have knocked the ball down the line to MGW which would have given him a one v one, but chose to check back inside, usually knocking the ball to Norwood who took a number of touches before switching play and losing the attacking momentum.

MGW covering for him a fair bit yesterday.

Bogle I just think is more of an attacking player really. Not even sure he is much of a RWB.

Bogle I just think is more of an attacking player really. Not even sure he is much of a RWB.

Hear what you're saying, but how many attacks have our full backs killed this year with their lack of quality?
They always seem to be the players in space and as Roygbiv pointed out on the podcast, teams have seemed happy to just allow Baldock & RND time and space on the ball as they know they're incapable of hurting them.

I think there were some positive signs of link up with Bogle yesterday and he at least gives the opposition something to worry about.

Hear what you're saying, but how many attacks have our full backs killed this year with their lack of quality?
They always seem to be the players in space and as Roygbiv pointed out on the podcast, teams have seemed happy to just allow Baldock & RND time and space on the ball as they know they're incapable of hurting them.

I think there were some positive signs of link up with Bogle yesterday and he at least gives the opposition something to worry about.
But the fact he is played as a full back, one would expect him to have an idea of his defensive responsibilities.

But the fact he is played as a full back, one would expect him to have an idea of his defensive responsibilities.

Completely get what you're saying and it's all about finding which one adds the best NET benefit to the team. We all know Baldock can defend and can't attack and Bogle the opposite.

But which one of the weaknesses can we cover for most easily and which ones strengths add the most?
I've just lost patience with seeing Baldock check back, or put a poor delivery in. I think it sucks so much momentum out of our attacks. He is very institutionalised by the Wilder way of playing.

The other factor is age. Bogle can improve his defending, he's still a kid in footballing terms (younger than Ndiaye). Baldock looks like he's peaked and his attacking hasn't got any better in a few seasons.

Boggle was not really tested as a right back and it is subsequently difficult to judge his defensive performance but he was out of position on a number of occasions being too far inside which meant MGW had to race back.
looked reasonable going forward but there were a number of instances in the second half when he could have knocked the ball down the line to MGW which would have given him a one v one, but chose to check back inside, usually knocking the ball to Norwood who took a number of touches before switching play and losing the attacking momentum.
Wow. I could have written exactly this.
Just as I saw his performance yesterday.

Completely get what you're saying and it's all about finding which one adds the best NET benefit to the team. We all know Baldock can defend and can't attack and Bogle the opposite.

But which one of the weaknesses can we cover for most easily and which ones strengths add the most?
I've just lost patience with seeing Baldock check back, or put a poor delivery in. I think it sucks so much momentum out of our attacks. He is very institutionalised by the Wilder way of playing.

The other factor is age. Bogle can improve his defending, he's still a kid in footballing terms (younger than Ndiaye). Baldock looks like he's peaked and his attacking hasn't got any better in a few seasons.
Yes, it's all a bit of a dilemma, for me Bogle's instinct is a natural desire to get forward and join in the overload, which is great, but, he needs to be selective when doing that, up to now he's got away with it, but for how long? So long as he's at full back when he should be and not in the opposition 6 yard box it's an OK for me.

For this reason i would like to see us test him in the right attacking midfield role in cup games, with a view to replacing MGW if he does leave, or as backup there at minimum.

Bogle succeeding there could allow a pretty lethal combination up top:

RAM: Bogle/MGW CAM: Ndiaye/Didzy LAM: Osborn/Freeman

Attacking play is light years ahead of Baldock. He actually puts some whip on his crosses which is nice

Thought he looked excellent going forward and its not as if he is poor defending

Can only get better if he stays in the team its a shame we have two top Right backs as one will have to miss out

Id give Bogle a run in the team as he deserves a chance to show why we signed him

Suggest he is taught what is expected of him as a full back before we think he us the answer. His positional sense is terrible, never has a clue where his opponent is a was bailed out on at least two occasions by MGW when he went on walk about.
offers something when going forward but needs to learn when to play people in, ie release MGW when he has space.
his first job however is to defend in a flat four abd he has a lot to learn

He is better than Baldock going forward, but he wasn't great at all. Received the ball and rarely progressed forward with the ball, seems we've coached him like everyone else that we have to pass to Norwood all the time.

In fact this isn't even criticism of Bogle as everyone seems to have norwood syndrome. So many occasions in that match where a quick spread of play had us in acres down either flank, but for some reason rather than 1 pass, we take 5 to get there and only norwood can play that final pass...

Bizarre really.

Back to Bogle, got into 2/3 great positions first half and his delivery was terrible, did nearly score twice though.

I still think he’s more a right winger or right-sided AM than a full-back or even a wing-back.

Back
Top Bottom