Gone Elsewhere Joël Piroe (If Only)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tony_Kaufman

Here's a truck stop instead of St Peter's
Reaction score
23 years old, plays for Swansea.

21/22 - 45 games 22 goals
22/23 - 43 games 19 goals

Signed a three deal in 2021 which is due to expire next summer. Could we take advantage of this like Marseille are doing to us?

The only disadvantage is that Leicester are interested and they can offer more wages than we can, even in the Championship. Leeds and Southampton also reportedly interested.

Swansea are holding out for £15mil which could see us priced out. Then again for us to sell Ndiaye for £13mil and being in Piroe for £15mil would be a very Sheffield United thing to do.

......meanwhile back in reality.

Good friend is a swans fan, doesn’t rate him. As greedy as MGW was but with half the ability.

The last time Swansea had a good striker they got more than our fee for Ndiaye for him. Doubt we could afford him.

23 years old, plays for Swansea.

21/22 - 45 games 22 goals
22/23 - 43 games 19 goals

Signed a three deal in 2021 which is due to expire next summer. Could we take advantage of this like Marseille are doing to us?

The only disadvantage is that Leicester are interested and they can offer more wages than we can, even in the Championship. Leeds and Southampton also reportedly interested.

Swansea are holding out for £15mil which could see us priced out. Then again for us to sell Ndiaye for £13mil and being in Piroe for £15mil would be a very Sheffield United thing to do.

......meanwhile back in reality.
Scored 2 more goals last nite.
What's not to like he has technical ability what we are lacking

Oh and he is in the last 12 months of his contract.
He and they seem happy to run it down, a £15m price tag is quite steep for someone who hasn't played above championship level, it's the same as Berge. Same with Hamer, I think £10m would be fair prices for both. Although I do wonder if come later in the window if he has his 'head turned' they would accept the £10m.

Another point is he is rarely injured and can play 90.........he is ready to go...........Premier League oven ready.

Boat about to be missed.

Joel Piroe future update as new contract talks begin

Addressing the media in his Northampton Town post-match interview, Duff revealed the club are in talks with Piroe about signing a new contract.

The 24-year-old has had a host of admirers so far this summer, with Championship heavyweights Leicester City, Leeds United, and Southampton all vying for his signature, as well as Premier League outfit Everton.

Can imagine us panic buying him towards the end of the window since we love a Swansea striker. Not the profile of player we need at all in this league though, would much prefer Archer.

Can imagine us panic buying him towards the end of the window since we love a Swansea striker. Not the profile of player we need at all in this league though, would much prefer Archer.
I have to disagree he has the intelligence and skill and knows how to work a goal from nowt,don't forget think about next season and where we are likely to be double figure goal tallys last two seasons,he is Dutch and only 24,could see him working really well with Hamer just like Gyokeres did at Cov.

I have to disagree he has the intelligence and skill and knows how to work a goal from nowt,don't forget think about next season and where we are likely to be double figure goal tallys last two seasons,he is Dutch and only 24,could see him working really well with Hamer just like Gyokeres did at Cov.
I'm not sure he does work a goal from nowt, a lot of the time he's found in the box and fair play he converts a lot of chances but we currently need someone who is able to pick the ball up 40 yards out and make something happen. I just think premier league defenders would be more than capable of handling someone like him.

I'm not sure he does work a goal from nowt, a lot of the time he's found in the box and fair play he converts a lot of chances but we currently need someone who is able to pick the ball up 40 yards out and make something happen. I just think premier league defenders would be more than capable of handling someone like him.

Sadly we probably need both. We will create some chances for players in the box, but they will be few and far between. We need somebody clinical enough to take the majority of these type of chances. Most of our strikers now will be hung around the edge of the box as the ball is put in. We need a boring shitliner who is going to hang around between the penalty spot and the six yard box and put away most of the opportunities they get.

I would add that I’ve never heard of Piroe so I’ve no idea if he’s that clinical or not, but I do like the thought of us being able to say “No Piroe no party”.

your last comment says it all we just havent got the cash to buy strikers who would worry international premier league defenders we have to take punts on strikers we think might have a chance of worrying these type of defenders

Sadly we probably need both. We will create some chances for players in the box, but they will be few and far between. We need somebody clinical enough to take the majority of these type of chances. Most of our strikers now will be hung around the edge of the box as the ball is put in. We need a boring shitliner who is going to hang around between the penalty spot and the six yard box and put away most of the opportunities they get.

I would add that I’ve never heard of Piroe so I’ve no idea if he’s that clinical or not, but I do like the thought of us being able to say “No Piroe no party”.
He is pretty clinical, scored 41 in 90 appearances according to wiki, I'm just not sure we create the kinda chances he needs to succeed. Agree that we need both types though, I was really coming round to the idea of Archer up top with McBurnie and Akpom as a 10 😅

As the days pass by , I'm hoping Heckys list of strikers stretches further than Akpom & Archer.
FFS , if he's only on the 'A's after 4 months , he's got the rest of the alphabet to go , so he better get a wiggle on.
Truste and Hamer came out of the blue ! Can see a striker coming in under the radar that's how most managers like it and Hecki works that way.
More difficult with goal scores being rare good ones that is ! clubs looking for best price possible .

More difficult with goal scores being rare good ones that is ! clubs looking for best price possible .

I honestly reckon once Traore puts on some muscle he's going to be a VERY good player for us,

Really good first touch and close control, rapid speed (what you would expect from a winger converted to striker) and composed in front of goal.. not that he's had any chances for us yet lol.

As the days pass by , I'm hoping Heckys list of strikers stretches further than Akpom & Archer.
FFS , if he's only on the 'A's after 4 months , he's got the rest of the alphabet to go , so he better get a wiggle on.
At least we won't be getting Zivkovic back then.

Few positives around at present so grab 'em where you can.

Wouldn't spend loads on him at the moment tbh, too much like Brewster, having had one good year, would rather do for Archer personally

40 goals across two seasons at swans. Think he is a sharp type of replacement personally. Watch his goals he is a very good poacher but can also create the odd one for himself

Back
Top Bottom