Gone Elsewhere Joël Piroe (If Only)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

he might be our plan c if we cant get akpom or archer it would be a gamble of course as all our signings are having to be with the financial state of the club valued at 10m but maybe we could get him for 7m plus add ons if we stay up he would also be a proven championship scorer if the worse happened

Anyone feel we will end up with this guy if Archer doesn't happen? Can't think of any other proven goal scorer in our price range.

Its getting to tje stage where we need to sign any fucker. We can't go with those 2 uo top v Forest. I get the feeling McBurnie won't be back for a while so we
need a striker ASAP

He’s a seriously good footballer, link man. Akpom alternative rather than Archer alternative I hope.

At the start of the window I thought Piroe would’ve made a good squad signing as I expected his contract situation to make him undervalued, we’d have an in demand championship goalscorer if we stayed up or we go down with him and he can be the main man. It sounds like even with a year left he’s going to be expensive so there might be limited resale opportunity and I would be worried about him as a first choice striker in the prem.

Lad can finish but why would we swap for him at £20m if we won’t pay £18m for archer? Think Villa will be sniggering behind their hands if we are trying to affect the price.
Said earlier we bought two blank crocks in Brewster and McB for £40m but won’t pay £18m 3 years later after prices have rocketed. We are so behind the times and the market

Well, to me it means we won't spend more than we value Archer at ,go for something we can afford, perhaps?
Problem is we as a club are out of touch regarding todays market price both selling and deffo buying. When players bought 2 seasons ago for £4.5m are being sold for £60m and Saudi are pushing prices and wages to £179m / year in wages alone we need to get in touch and spend what we’ve brought inplus the £20m budget as a minimum.

Swansea wanted £20m last season, and there's an article in the local Leicester paper saying he might be available for £15m now. They'll also see Gyokeres going for £20m despite being in the last year of his contract as their starting point for negotiations. I have no idea what Villa are expecting for Archer, but I don't think Piroe will be the 'cheap' option (cheapER, maybe)

2 things here.
1) do we have a style in mind or are we just looking for a goal scorer? Ndiaye, Akpom, Archer and Piroe are all very different players.
And 2) I cant remember the quotes but Carlton Blade absolutely buried Piroe for me. To an extent that I will be devastated if we end up with him over Archer.

2 things here.
1) do we have a style in mind or are we just looking for a goal scorer? Ndiaye, Akpom, Archer and Piroe are all very different players.
And 2) I cant remember the quotes but Carlton Blade absolutely buried Piroe for me. To an extent that I will be devastated if we end up with him over Archer.
He's scored just under 1 in 2 but contributed very little else. He shoots a lot 🤷‍♂️

Sell mcburnie to Leeds and get him and archer 👀

You think it might be very much the case of what we have to do... Sell one of Jebbo or Mcburnie with under 1 year of contract left so able to sign Archer on a 4 year contract.

But for godsake get Archer in asap, don't wait for Jebbo or Mcburnie sale to be completed otherwise might be too late.

Problem is we as a club are out of touch regarding todays market price both selling and deffo buying. When players bought 2 seasons ago for £4.5m are being sold for £60m and Saudi are pushing prices and wages to £179m / year in wages alone we need to get in touch and spend what we’ve brought inplus the £20m budget as a minimum.
Agree with that mate catch 22 situation, my feeling is they are expecting to be relegated and won't overspend,I would prefer to give it a go.

Reactions: SLB

Anyone feel we will end up with this guy if Archer doesn't happen? Can't think of any other proven goal scorer in our price range.

Vangelis Pavlidis - AZ Alkmaar. Roma sniffing around but want him on loan. AZ willing to sell. Scored 30 in 62 appearances for AZ . Has started this season and already scored so oven ready :)

Back
Top Bottom