Anel

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chingo

Reaction score
Might be something … might be nowt but Anels dad unfollowing Blades group on Facebook!?!?!?

His dad comes across a bit of a tit posting a random photo of them on a private jet while he's actually at home with his wife watching shitty TV according to Instagram...
He does , he loves the camera and himself

His Dad’s abit weird and has an iron grib on his sons career. Think he’ll be the one pulling the strings.

I’m not sure this strategy of selling all off our best players is working all that well this season.
It's be going on for years, you might have thought we would have cottoned on by now..

He looks to me as though he doesn’t want to be at the lane,his body language and performances have been less than acceptable, don’t think he fancies a relegation scrap but did slightly improve since Wilder came back.
Another one who has not been anything like since illness/injury.
My theory is he saw himself as one of the stars of last season alongside Ndiaye and Bergen and when they got sold maybe he assumed he'd be on to bigger and better things too. When we supposedly turned down bids for him looks like his head went a bit after seeing Ndiaye at Marseille and Berge at, well, seeing Ndiaye leave.

Heard enough rumblings on SUW and Jimmy Ramble that's made me think if a decent bid came in he'll be off, maybe £10m+?

My theory is he saw himself as one of the stars of last season alongside Ndiaye and Bergen and when they got sold maybe he assumed he'd be on to bigger and better things too. When we supposedly turned down bids for him looks like his head went a bit after seeing Ndiaye at Marseille and Berge at, well, seeing Ndiaye leave.

Heard enough rumblings on SUW and Jimmy Ramble that's made me think if a decent bid came in he'll be off, maybe £10m+?

If you were ambitious and you saw our transfer business this summer, I’m sure you’d feel a bit nonplussed.

If you were ambitious and you saw our transfer business this summer, I’m sure you’d feel a bit nonplussed.
I think that was the final straw for sander as well. He had a plan to leave for free but I think he would have been open to a new deal as well if it was right. After all I think his main target was to play in the top flights. I'm sure he would have rather moved to a better club than Burnley but he probably saw them as having a better chance than us at staying up. And you could see why back in August.

I still think he wouldn't have signed a contract but I think his mind was made up after we sold N'Diaye and we're looking so undercooked for the start of the season it was untrue.

That friendly against Stuttgart was a warning sign although does also seem apparent we came up against one of the most inform strikers in Europe this season as well.

United we’re too good for the Championship last year, especially with Iliman.

Anel was part of that trajectory. But to suggest at the moment he is somehow better than us is distorting reality.

Look at the Newcastle debacle. The circumstances around it were awful and a case could have been made to not stage the game.

But Anel was one of those to throw in the towel that day and stop competing.

It’s hardly Captain material.

What I wonder is if Wilder saw that and thought there’s a decent player in there and perhaps having that ownership might prevent the sort of uncompetitive surrender from him in future.

Either way, he’s had a poor campaign vs his own expectations. The defence, often let down by an ineffective midfield, has been guilty of basic errors as far back as the Palace game when both Anel and Egan lost their man.

He’s certainly been shown to lack defensive nous at times.

I don’t see how he warrants a move or can campaign for one. He might be better being part of a more robust team that we hope Wilder puts together, bounces back and learns from his first unsuccessful experience and comes back with more maturity to his game.

At the moment I feel he’s in limbo. His performances neither merit a big move nor do they suggest we’ll get a fee that represents a return we may have anticipated.

Last edited:
The berge situation was clearly stated by PA... He wasn't signing and wanted to be a free agent, so we pushed a transfer to recover value for the club..

Ndyie was signing a new deal, but Marsaille gave an ultimatum and he did a u turn at the last minute.

The real problem is we dont pay the going rate, we try to negotiate at the back end of the season before they enter thier last year but the negotiations drag on, there's only one reason why they drag on, mcburnie has had a new offer on the table since the end of last season, he possibly may be sold at the end of the window if PA sticks to his process..

Anel (who this thread is about) hasn't been happy since illiman left, he must have seen that as a clear lack of ambition from the club, and they were bezzy mates, in case u didn't know.

Anel (who this thread is about) hasn't been happy since illiman left, he must have seen that as a clear lack of ambition from the club, and they were bezzy mates, in case u didn't know.
None of us have been happy since Iliman has left and it was a clear lack of ambition or nous from the club, but he's got to get over it like we all have. He's in for a long, miserable career if he's going to sulk every time his best mate moves on. It's football.

I remember Anel’s interview when he signed saying that his dad had told him we’d be a nice stepping stone in his career. Can imagine he wants him to maximise his earnings potential and value while he’s a PL player.

I'm happy for him to be sold. Provided it's for a decent amount and all (not just a percentage) of the sum received is given to CW to reinvest in the team. Way it's always been.

I think that was the final straw for sander as well. He had a plan to leave for free but I think he would have been open to a new deal as well if it was right. After all I think his main target was to play in the top flights. I'm sure he would have rather moved to a better club than Burnley but he probably saw them as having a better chance than us at staying up. And you could see why back in August.

I still think he wouldn't have signed a contract but I think his mind was made up after we sold N'Diaye and we're looking so undercooked for the start of the season it was untrue.

That friendly against Stuttgart was a warning sign although does also seem apparent we came up against one of the most inform strikers in Europe this season as well.

Agree with that, we looked like a club in a mess, which we were and the results showed that. I suspect he’ll hope that he does enough with Burnley to get another PL move in the summer.

On his current form,he isn’t good enough for any premiership defence,I think he is a cracking player but something is not right mentally or physically. You may have a point,as these pampered players get the lip on at anything that doesn’t fit their lifestyle.

Anel's main strength and the reason he shone so much last season is his marauding forward to join attacks. This season we've spent the vast majority of the time sitting deep without the ball, so he's not had licence to do that. A more attacking team would get a lot more out of him, as we did last season.

Do you put him as one of our best players?

I don't, think he's vastly overrated.

I do; I think he’s a good defender with the key prerequisites to excel at the top level - good technical ability, physically big and strong, and he’s mobile. The sample size for him being that player is much larger than him looking poor in an extremely poor (and at some points chaotic) team for its level. Unfortunately I expect we’ll replace him with a player who doesn’t have the above attributes.

If someone picks him up at PL, gives him a stable environment within a reasonably competitive team (i.e able to compete) I think he will really push on.

He does use his strength, but not in the right way. His ways of winning any duels is to just grapple and wrestle the player, walking yellow card and how he's not given any pens away this season is beyond me.

He's terrible in the air, not a great 1v1 defender, poor positionally and doesn't seem to have the driving energy he once had (which was his primary attribute for me).

As far as defending is concerned, you could easily improve.

Just an opinion though.

Might be something … might be nowt but Anels dad unfollowing Blades group on Facebook!?!?!?
People point to the step up, the illness, the new baby, but I dont think his dad has helped his form this season.

He does , he loves the camera and himself

Remember him last year trying to start some rumour about Tottenham being interested in him and how they should sign him, thought it was the local kebab shop owner until I re-read the name a few times.

Back
Top Bottom