Anthony Patterson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pickford left Sunderland for Everton as, at the time, Everton were a top 10 club and Sunderland had just been relegated to the Championship in last place. They paid a huge fee for him which helped fill a huge financial hole.

Aye but he knows people in football, has he mentioned that? ;)

It is a fact. We won’t spend any money on transfer fees. It’s not positive or negative view on anything.

Interesting - are you saying, as fact, that we won’t bring in at least one new face, loan or perm over the next 30 days?

If you are saying that as a fact on the 1st Jan then you either know some very influential people or are a complete mood hoover

I will put my call in, at least 3 new faces

1x GK
1x loan to replace Thomas who’ll go back
1x curve ball, ala Souza

Not a fact, just guess

Last edited:
Aye
Whilst each of those elements is accurate there is far more nuance:
Most Slumderland supporters (S/T holders & regular ‘travellers’) of my acquaintance are far less optimistic than yourself.
General acceptance that Patterson (& Clark) will be gone as / when the ‘price is right’
Extreme anxiety/ pessimism about the skunks game & any chance of promotion
Considerable disgruntlement in the fan base - heightened by the appointment of yes man gob shite platitude laden Beale - they’re almost waiting for him to fuck up
The “billionaire owner” expects / requires the club (“the project”) to be ‘self sustaining’ (sound familiar?) . Even when they (somehow) got significant coin for Stewart (£8m for a crock in last year of his contract) he was ‘replaced’ with bairns with potential from overseas (sound familiar?)
In summary SUFC & SAFC likely to be competing with each other on & off the field for the foreseeable future- Patterson & his ilk (Bellingham Clark (Arblaster ?Osula? Brooks?)) will be elsewhere @ clubs with a different funding ‘model’ which we, Mackems & numerous others) can’t / won’t countenance (again)

NB they don’t have an airport either
(Alehouse) Update
Nobody can afford Patterson, Clark let alone Pritchard
Going to gub the skunks & automatic promotion nailed on
Beale is a tactical & coaching genius who will only leave when the national team comes calling
The ‘model’ is perfect - Rusyn will net >20 come May
Mid table Premier League consolidation next season to allow starlets to develop followed by European spot in 26
Why would Patterson or Clark want to go anywhere else ?wouldn’t swap Jobe for Jude.
Arblaster Osula & Brooks will be signed for their development squad & loaned back to SUFC

Who needs a fuckin airport

But you saying that I "hate Sheffield United" is actually bollocks and I'm bored of posters like you giving it the big'n about what a massive Blade you are because you're more rosy in your outlooks. Frank the tank can be alright at times but he's the worst for it.
Have you considered that you attract the grief because you have become boring with your constant negativity towards the club?

Interesting - are you saying, as fact, that we won’t bring in at least one new face, loan or perm over the next 30 days?

If you are saying that as a fact on the 1st Jan then you either know some very influential people or are a complete mood hoover

I will put my call in, at least 3 new faces

1x GK
1x loan to replace Thomas who’ll go back
1x curve ball, ala Souza

Not a fact, just guess
We won’t pay a transfer fee. Sunderland’s no1 goalkeeper would be close to £10m. We are skint.

Style of play​

Sunderland goalkeeper coach Lee Butler said that Patterson had great saving, handling and shot-stopping ability, with his weaknesses being coming for crosses, his distribution and his communication

Style of play​

Sunderland goalkeeper coach Lee Butler said that Patterson had great saving, handling and shot-stopping ability, with his weaknesses being coming for crosses, his distribution and his communication
I saw that and thought great! I'd rather Johansson myself although I'll admit I've not followed either that much but Johansson at 25 has more experience and is likely to be more affordable than Patterson.

We won’t pay a transfer fee. Sunderland’s no1 goalkeeper would be close to £10m. We are skint.

We will pay a transfer fee, more than likely loans, but money will be invested

But not to sunderland, and to be fair I dont think we should - paying £10m for a lad whos had 1 full season in the Championship (relegated) and zero EPL experience in the position were in is too much of a gamble

If were trying to stay up, we need an old head - how many points has Trafford cost VKB this season? Schmeichel would be great - Navas helped save forest last season
If were planning for the championship, £10m for a keeper is bonkers

For me an old head on loan for 6 months to try our best, then deal with it in the summer

Saw that earlier, not the type of player we want at the club
Why???? Which red blooded male (and some females, I would imagine) doesn't fancy a three some ...... as long as it's all consensual of course!

Why???? Which red blooded male (and some females, I would imagine) doesn't fancy a three some ...... as long as it's all consensual of course!
Which it evidently wasn’t given she didn’t want sex with one of them.
It’s likely to come out during the case and we don’t need any more negative press due to perceived disrespectful attitudes to women from our players. We’ve been there, done that.

Last edited:
Which it evidently wasn’t.
Kin ell, hope you aren't on my jury if ever I were to get nicked! There's a clue.................. the trial continues. Also Paterson wasn't involved.

Gerhimsigned. Geremallsigned!!

Kin ell, hope you aren't on my jury if ever I were to get nicked! There's a clue.................. the trial continues. Also Paterson wasn't involved.

Gerhimsigned. Geremallsigned!!
Why would you get nicked?
I merely pointed out that she hadn't consented to sex as per both parties account of events.

Last edited:
That's why you are not an elite athlete
We are in the premier league now NOW .
Sunlan might never be again
A dozen games at the top level is the biggest shop window he will ever get

I don't know anything about the lad but I know this if he doesn't want to come and would rather stay at his hometown club he doesn't have the desire or hunger to make it at the top

Reminds me of that player at West Ham in the 90s that cried he was home sick and went back home to...... Oxford. Joey Beauchamp was it?

West Ham Unitededit

Beauchamp was sold to Premier League side West Ham United in June 1994 for a fee of £1 million. He failed to settle and never played a competitive game for the Hammers, finding commuting from Oxford onerous and being unwilling to move to London.[6][7] West Ham's manager at the time, Harry Redknapp, blamed the signing of Beauchamp for the departure of previous manager Billy Bonds. At the time, Bonds referred to Beauchamp as a wimp and Redknapp said he saw Beauchamp crying in his car on his first day of training.[8] In his autobiography, Redknapp wrote: "Beauchamp turned up late, made no effort on the pitch and it was the final straw for Bill." Beauchamp said that he did not want the transfer but felt pressured by Oxford United as the club needed the money for wages and to prevent them from being in financial trouble.[9]

(Alehouse) Update
Nobody can afford Patterson, Clark let alone Pritchard
Going to gub the skunks & automatic promotion nailed on
Beale is a tactical & coaching genius who will only leave when the national team comes calling
The ‘model’ is perfect - Rusyn will net >20 come May
Mid table Premier League consolidation next season to allow starlets to develop followed by European spot in 26
Why would Patterson or Clark want to go anywhere else ?wouldn’t swap Jobe for Jude.
Arblaster Osula & Brooks will be signed for their development squad & loaned back to SUFC

Who needs a fuckin airport
Airline companies particularly Tingo

Back
Top Bottom