Anthony Patterson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Given it has been several years since I touched alcohol this is another of your guesses that has turned out to be wildly wide of the mark.
Then you are just talking absolute nonsense. Have a read up and prove yourself wrong!

You missed out the bit about playing at the highest level and if he has any ambition wanting to prove himself as the best in the business
According to the likes of CaptainMorgans attackers would rather sign for championship clubs as they wont see enough of the ball with us
so signing a good keeper should be a doddle

Let's have it right, Sunderland have a better chance of being in the PL next season than us.
They're a bigger club than us, he's a local lad and he's just signed a long term deal with them.

Why would he swap all that for a few months playing PL football?
That's not me being negative, it's the reality of the situation.

We might be able to pick Rotherham's pockets in January, but not Sunderland's, Leeds, Leicester, Southampton etc..

Nick Jansky , do you have a retort to this or are you still giving it the big Blade, happy clapper act?

I'm starting to think there is a whole generation of fans who aren't getting what they signed up for
Me ? I knew we were shit when I signed on but for some it feels like a real disappointment like they've been conned
My Blades journey has either been as a top 6 championship team missing out at various play off finals or dreadful in league one. I was too young to experience the Bassett years.

I’m quite happy that we’re the worst team in the prem. It’s an upgrade to what I’m used to.

Let's have it right, Sunderland have a better chance of being in the PL next season than us.
They're a bigger club than us, he's a local lad and he's just signed a long term deal with them.

We might be able to pick Rotherham's pockets in January, but not Sunderland's, Leeds, Leicester, Southampton etc..

Nick Jansky , do you have a retort to this or are you still giving it the big Blade, happy clapper act?
We are in the premier league now
Elite athletes have a slightly different attitude to Internet fannies where they will believe that given an opportunity ( that might never come again ) they can prove they are the best in the world in their respective position
If they don't believe it and would rather play with their mates at their local club they won't make it

I'm starting to think there is a whole generation of fans who aren't getting what they signed up for
Me ? I knew we were shit when I signed on but for some it feels like a real disappointment like they've been conned

My first game was in the old 4th division (when I were a lad, sceptic tank, luxury and all that)

We are in the premier league now
Elite athletes have a slightly different attitude to Internet fannies where they will believe that given an opportunity ( that might never come again ) they can prove they are the best in the world in their respective position
If they don't believe it and would rather play with their mates at their local club they won't make it
If I was him I would be backing my ability to go up with my hometown club vs maybe coming back up next year with a side in need of a huge rebuild. We aren't as attractive when you factor everything in imo.

If I was him I would be backing my ability to go up with my hometown club vs maybe coming back up next year with a side in need of a huge rebuild. We aren't as attractive when you factor everything in
That's why you are not an elite athlete
We are in the premier league now NOW .
Sunlan might never be again
A dozen games at the top level is the biggest shop window he will ever get

I don't know anything about the lad but I know this if he doesn't want to come and would rather stay at his hometown club he doesn't have the desire or hunger to make it at the top

Don't get the we cant compete with other teams in for the same players. Every signing we make says it a no brainer that's played here, we are a fucking good club ask the players that have been here 4/5/6 years and when retiring want to stop around Sheffield .What's not to like lovely ground passionate fans good training facility's

That's why you are not an elite athlete
We are in the premier league now NOW .
Sunlan might never be again
A dozen games at the top level is the biggest shop window he will ever get

I don't know anything about the lad but I know this if he doesn't want to come and would rather stay at his hometown club he doesn't have the desire or hunger to make it at the top
I'll not hold my breath for these dumb as fuck elite athletes joining us this January! By your flawed logic Leicester and Ipswich players will have short term thinking too

There’s a Roker report blog post on him from last year where they compare him to Wes and make the point that Wes’s performances are what he needs to be aiming for.

He’s a good age though and has England age group experience as well as a good amount of senior football experience for his age. He’s a Sunderland fan though and has been there since age 9. I think it would take a serious amount of money to get him.

I'll not hold my breath for these dumb as fuck elite athletes joining us this January! By your flawed logic Leicester and Ipswich players will have short term thinking too
It's dumb as fuck to back yourself ?

Don't get the Ipswich and Leicester comparison ,sunlqn are at best getting in the lottery of the play offs which with their inconsistencies and track record of failure in is no guarantee of premier league football

We are IN the premier league NOW

Don't get the we cant compete with other teams in for the same players. Every signing we make says it a no brainer that's played here, we are a fucking good club ask the players that have been here 4/5/6 years and when retiring want to stop around Sheffield .What's not to like lovely ground passionate fans good training facility's
Agree with this, apart from the training facilities, the new 1st team pitch is very good. But the rest is below most in the championship, never mind premier league teams.

He's a Sunderland fan getting ready to play Newcastle at his own club playing regularly looking upwards and 40k crowds and a billionaire owner.

If he swaps that for us he's fucking stupid

Oh and the Prince says any incomings have to be balanced out by summer out goings....
Aye
Whilst each of those elements is accurate there is far more nuance:
Most Slumderland supporters (S/T holders & regular ‘travellers’) of my acquaintance are far less optimistic than yourself.
General acceptance that Patterson (& Clark) will be gone as / when the ‘price is right’
Extreme anxiety/ pessimism about the skunks game & any chance of promotion
Considerable disgruntlement in the fan base - heightened by the appointment of yes man gob shite platitude laden Beale - they’re almost waiting for him to fuck up
The “billionaire owner” expects / requires the club (“the project”) to be ‘self sustaining’ (sound familiar?) . Even when they (somehow) got significant coin for Stewart (£8m for a crock in last year of his contract) he was ‘replaced’ with bairns with potential from overseas (sound familiar?)
In summary SUFC & SAFC likely to be competing with each other on & off the field for the foreseeable future- Patterson & his ilk (Bellingham Clark (Arblaster ?Osula? Brooks?)) will be elsewhere @ clubs with a different funding ‘model’ which we, Mackems & numerous others) can’t / won’t countenance (again)

NB they don’t have an airport either

But you don’t talk facts, you give your relentlessly negative opinion, which you’re entitled to, but you seem to have difficulty accepting people having a different view. Fact.
It is a fact. We won’t spend any money on transfer fees. It’s not positive or negative view on anything.

i think we will go for johannsen either january or this summer weve also got players that might interest toytown for their league 1 campaign

You have correctly pointed out Sunderland’s direction of travel, ambition and potential. Might it be that, as a professional, he wants to establish himself as a long term number 1 somewhere and doesn’t see that happening at Sunderland once they reach the PL and start shelling out the really big bucks? I don’t know what his situation is or what conversations might have taken place. Neither do you. And people in football have a generally more positive view of Sheffield United than you do. I know this from frequent conversations with a lot of people in the game.

Why did Jordan Pickford leave Sunderland for a club of similar size?

Just.

If I was backing myself to make it in the premier league I would be backing myself to get a better option than us.

Take the blinkers off.
Think you're the one with the blinkers on
Luckily enough Patterson probably doesn't hate Sheffield United as much as you and would see us as a stepping stone as ambitious confident focused individuals would

Think you're the one with the blinkers on
Luckily enough Patterson probably doesn't hate Sheffield United as much as you and would see us as a stepping stone as ambitious confident focused individuals would
It's not hate! This isn't north Korea we can say stuff that isn't cheerleading nonsense I am sorry if that's upset or annoyed you in any way. You seem a bit delicate so I'll tap out of the topic now.

It's not hate! This isn't north Korea we can say stuff that isn't cheerleading nonsense I am sorry if that's upset or annoyed you in any way. You seem a bit delicate so I'll tap out of the topic now.
It hasn't upset or annoyed me and I think you know that
And I'm not trying to stop you from having an opinion but you do come across as someone that hates your own football club and that's fine your in good company on here

You have correctly pointed out Sunderland’s direction of travel, ambition and potential. Might it be that, as a professional, he wants to establish himself as a long term number 1 somewhere and doesn’t see that happening at Sunderland once they reach the PL and start shelling out the really big bucks? I don’t know what his situation is or what conversations might have taken place. Neither do you. And people in football have a generally more positive view of Sheffield United than you do. I know this from frequent conversations with a lot of people in the game.

Why did Jordan Pickford leave Sunderland for a club of similar size?

Why would he jump ship on the basis that (1) they get promoted to the PL and (2) they then dump him for better?
He's established himself as their No.1 keeper and have given him a 5 year deal. A vote of confidence. Sure, it could change but you wouldn't change your life on such uncertain probabilities.
The scenario makes little sense.

Pickford left Sunderland for Everton as, at the time, Everton were a top 10 club and Sunderland had just been relegated to the Championship in last place. They paid a huge fee for him which helped fill a huge financial hole.

That move bears zero resemblance to this situation..

I'm sure we're an attractive proposition to plenty of footballers.
But in this specific case, I find it massively unlikely and that's nothing to do with any perceived negative view of mine about Sheffield United.
It's the reality of where we are as a club.

Why would he jump ship on the basis that (1) they get promoted to the PL and (2) they then dump him for better?
He's established himself as their No.1 keeper and have given him a 5 year deal. A vote of confidence. Sure, it could change but you wouldn't change your life on such uncertain probabilities.
The scenario makes little sense.

Pickford left Sunderland for Everton as, at the time, Everton were a top 10 club and Sunderland had just been relegated to the Championship in last place. They paid a huge fee for him which helped fill a huge financial hole.

That move bears zero resemblance to this situation..

I'm sure we're an attractive proposition to plenty of footballers.
But in this specific case, I find it massively unlikely and that's nothing to do with any perceived negative view of mine about Sheffield United.
It's the reality of where we are as a club.
Again, you haven’t got a clue about how he perceives his situation at Sunderland or any other factors that might be involved such as how much he is currently paid. You might be right, you might equally be wrong. You are putting forward an opinion which of course is fine, that’s what the forum is for, but it isn’t one that is informed by any knowledge. We will see.

Again, you haven’t got a clue about how he perceives his situation at Sunderland or any other factors that might be involved such as how much he is currently paid. You might be right, you might equally be wrong. You are putting forward an opinion which of course is fine, that’s what the forum is for, but it isn’t one that is informed by any knowledge. We will see.

I'd disagree with "no knowledge."
No "inside knowledge," yes.
But I'd hazard a guess that a guy that's just signed a 5 year deal at his boyhood club is probably quite settled where he is... that's applying logic.

But yes, it's guesswork. It all is.

But you saying that I "hate Sheffield United" is actually bollocks and I'm bored of posters like you giving it the big'n about what a massive Blade you are because you're more rosy in your outlooks. Frank the tank can be alright at times but he's the worst for it.

Argue the point, not the poster and stop trying to shutdown discussions by throwing out nonsense statements like that.

Back
Top Bottom