Movement.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Chelsea have got the base already in place of a good top 6 squad without worrying about signings too much. But what does that mean for the desired loanees?
The big blow is going to be losing Hazard, and not so much a blow but another body gone without Higuain. I think they're well stocked in defence, but I can't see them letting Abraham or indeed Mount go.

For James - They'll make do with Azpiluceta and Zappacosta until the year after at right back, he won't play ahead of Christensen, Rudiger and Luiz at centre half. Zouma and Tomori to return from loan spells too.

Mount - RLC, Barkley, Kante, Jorginho, Drinkwater lol after that I'm struggling to think of midfielders, even looking at the out on loan lot, not many I fancy to make a Chelsea matchday squad. Mario Pasalic possibly. They play 3 so I fancy them to keep Mount around the place.

Abraham - No chance they'll let him go on loan, someone will have to pay big bucks. Only got Giroud as an actual striker and Hudson Odoi who can play there. Hazard will be off, Higuain was only on loan and no loss anyway, no other loanee will make the squad.

They've got Batshuayi back from Palace up front too, think he'll have to be in their plans now. He's shown a bit aswell for Palace lately, which helps.

Better option than Higuain anyway, I like him but he just didn't work at Chelsea.

We're still in May and they've started already
Image result for crybaby

"Oi Derek, it's reight good that S24SU tha nuz.

If somebody posts something unpositive and you post a picture of a crying babbeh, ya get 10 likes..."

"Ooooh, cheers Walter, I'll give it try"

We all know that CW likes to get his business done early. The problem is the rules of engagement are no longer stacked in our favour. The Prem means we are now in financial terms small fry compared to many of the Prem clubs. Players in demand looking for their big pay day generally means they aren't looking in our direction. CW is going to find it much more difficult to get any of his targets over the line this time around.

We all know that CW likes to get his business done early. The problem is the rules of engagement are no longer stacked in our favour. The Prem means we are now in financial terms small fry compared to many of the Prem clubs. Players in demand looking for their big pay day generally means they aren't looking in our direction. CW is going to find it much more difficult to get any of his targets over the line this time around.
Well that’s feckin cheered me up after me bacon butty. ;)
We were small fry budget wise compared to many championship clubs but hey ho.
If Wilder can do the magic (keep us up for 1 season has to be the goal and he/we know it) and the owners get access to the end of season PL money who knows?
BladdyMcBladefacibess says keep on the humble side of the line and hope for better. Until then bantz the woe sayers gaff the champions league wannabes but don’t forget ya winks ;););)

Some bizarre deals for Henderson being touted about. Only way we are signing him is either on loan for the season with a hefty loan fee or out right for a slightly less than value price with a respectively buy back. Where we make something like 50% profit.

Why would Man Utd sell him for a nominal fee to buy back for less than a bag of chips and run the risk of next season he says nah I’m staying here.

I suppose Man U do need a big loan fee, so they can chuck £5m more than they need to at the next bag of shit they decide to sign.

Some bizarre deals for Henderson being touted about. Only way we are signing him is either on loan for the season with a hefty loan fee or out right for a slightly less than value price with a respectively buy back. Where we make something like 50% profit.

Why would Man Utd sell him for a nominal fee to buy back for less than a bag of chips and run the risk of next season he says nah I’m staying here.

If it's a hefty loan fee, say £2m (maybe more, who knows), then there is an argument that we could get a decent keeper for that who will be our asset at the end of the season. Just a thought.

Saying that I obviously hope we do sign Hendo back. He was a huge part of last season, but just don't want from Man U taking advantage of that.

A lot of the European clubs do these type of deals, particularly the Italians and Spanish.

Morata for example. Sold to Juve for £20m then Real Madrid bought him back for £30m as part of the clause in the contract.

It's basically a release clause inserted into the contract that only Man Utd would be able to exercise. Henderson accepting to go back would be a different matter. SUFC wouldn't be able to reject the bid, but Henderson could reject the Man Utd talk/contract.

It would be something along the lines of SUFC buy for £8m and Man Utd can buy back for £15m at any time before "x". If he doesn't progress well, Man Utd leave the player here.If it looks like he's the next big thing, they buy him back for a lot less than he's worth.

Where's this "Wilder likes to get his business done early" line keep coming from?

Ideally he'd like it all done early, just like every other manager would but he's said multiple times this summer that it wouldn't be quick, and the only player I remember signing early last season was Deano.

McG July ish during the friendlies
Norwood 2 weeks into the season
Cranie and Washington deadline day
Egan was late enough that Wilder was making jokes about 'finally' getting one in.

Evans and Leonard went 2 games in

Before that Donaldo was a deadline day job I think, and then my memory fails me.

Where's this "Wilder likes to get his business done early" line keep coming from?

Ideally he'd like it all done early, just like every other manager would but he's said multiple times this summer that it wouldn't be quick, and the only player I remember signing early last season was Deano.

Before that Donaldo was a deadline day job I think, and then my memory fails me.

Wilder has said it several times himself if I remember correctly. You even say yourself that every other manager would also like to get their business done early :)

Come on it’s the 1st of June and we have not made any signings,surely that’s raising concerns,to me it points to Wilder walking,you need to take your red and white rose tinted specs off,it’s taken 10 weeks to try and get Henderson back on loan,which proves my point.We have been left behind as usual

If somebody posts something unpositive and you post a picture of a crying babbeh, ya get 10 likes..."

“Aye Walter, but the daft buggers who are slatin management cus we ain’t signed knobdi yit when tha can count numba o premier league deals on one hand first day o June o gunna look reight numpties when we do aren’t thi”
Thi are Derek, it’s abart gerrin reight players in init? It’s norra fookin race to see who can sign sumdi first”

A lot of the European clubs do these type of deals, particularly the Italians and Spanish.

Morata for example. Sold to Juve for £20m then Real Madrid bought him back for £30m as part of the clause in the contract.

It's basically a release clause inserted into the contract that only Man Utd would be able to exercise. Henderson accepting to go back would be a different matter. SUFC wouldn't be able to reject the bid, but Henderson could reject the Man Utd talk/contract.

It would be something along the lines of SUFC buy for £8m and Man Utd can buy back for £15m at any time before "x". If he doesn't progress well, Man Utd leave the player here.If it looks like he's the next big thing, they buy him back for a lot less than he's worth.

I’d be tempted to go for the buy option. It would allow us to still have two PL loans whist in susbstance being a similar transaction.

Come on it’s the 1st of June and we have not made any signings,surely that’s raising concerns,to me it points to Wilder walking,you need to take your red and white rose tinted specs off,it’s taken 10 weeks to try and get Henderson back on loan,which proves my point.We have been left behind as usual
Left behind by who?

Ooooh you are awful..... but I like you😘

Really don't understand why people wank themselves silly over Freeman.
He had a couple of good games against us in League One when we were shit then went to QPR, which is a money motivated tosspot move in itself.
He was completely anonymous against us this season and there hasn't exactly been a queue of clubs after him.
Biggest hype job on here since Sam Morsy.

He’s hardly a hidden gem is he? He’s 27 and was at Arsenal for 4 years. The Premier League has known about him for a long time and said “we’ll let you know...”
Left behind by who?

Common sense, so far as some of our daft fans are concerned.

Agree, and a buy back is the way forward at least if we spend £8m and the buy back is £15m everyone one wins.

My point was aimed at people saying pay £1m with a £2.00 buy back.. I can only see this deal happening with a serious fee and buy back. I do feel like a loan is a wasted opportunity for us. And Man Utd would never sell without a buy back

If it's a hefty loan fee, say £2m (maybe more, who knows), then there is an argument that we could get a decent keeper for that who will be our asset at the end of the season. Just a thought.

Saying that I obviously hope we do sign Hendo back. He was a huge part of last season, but just don't want from Man U taking advantage of that.

Feel like a broken record, but we shouldn’t resign Henderson if it’s loan is the only option. Feel it’s a waste using 1 of 2 loan signings on a GK.

More than 10 already Rickster!

Are your imaginary friends, Derek and Walter, Upper Tier Ultras?

More than 10 already Rickster!

Are your imaginary friends, Derek and Walter, Upper Tier Ultras?

No, Derek and Walter are the types who sit down for penalties whose sole purpose is to crush unpositivity on a football forum...

I can't understand why people think a buy back will be beneficial to Man Utd for Hendo? They can either loan him to us for a hefty loan fee and have him back the season after, or sell him to us for say 5 million and then pay 10 million for him back?? What benefit is that to Man Utd??

Glad it's not just me who hasn't had a sip of the Luke Freeman Kool-Aid.

Who's the best number 10 available?
Freeman, Jota or Watkins?
Can Joe Allen play that high up?

Either way, for the Premiership I'd prefer Watkins I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom