Movement.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fer is a quality midfielder and someone like him is who we’ll need.

As others have said, I’d prefer Lowton but Naughton is a close second.

Jota would be a quality addition.

What some need to worry less about is what these players will cost in fees or wages. Wilder won’t put the club in jeopardy whilst we’re in the richest league in the world. We do have a bit of cash to spend if needs be and if Wilder thinks someone is worth the punt then we should trust him to spend the money wisely enough, that’s the least he deserves.

Short list yes, but I think if for example we got Maupay, that will end our interest in McBurnie
Well yeah, on one of his posts he says we have ramped up our McBurnie interest now Villa have gone up and will probably be after Maupay themselves.

Joe Allen is only 29 by the way. That's only 2 years older than Freeman.

Anyone else see where he's said Jota could be a wing back??

Just whether anyone had seen it.
I'd never really thought of him in that way. I dont know if I'm completely against it or quite excited at the prospect.

Well he can certainly play wing or #10. Whether he can be converted to wing back, you never know.

I'd personally like the Valencia rumour to be true. Tons of experience, Prem,CL and Europa League winner. World cup player. He would certainly help Baldocks progression and play a big part for us, even if only for 1 season

Well he can certainly play wing or #10. Whether he can be converted to wing back, you never know.

I'd personally like the Valencia rumour to be true. Tons of experience, Prem,CL and Europa League winner. World cup player. He would certainly help Baldocks progression and play a big part for us, even if only for 1 season
Colossal wages though, and at 33 it would only be a year. How motivated could he be after such a step down?
Very very good player though!

If he's our new Sunjihai, we are after...
Muapay
Mcburnie
Freeman
Jota
And Allen

That's some list.
Richard Cadette has not said or implied we are after all of them. As Blade58 points out some of those targets cancel each other out. Sign one and one drops off list.

The problem was never going to be Villa getting promoted was it.

It was a former fucking Brentford manager getting promoted.

Jota to villa - Unsurprising given the links with the manager but

Are we just gonna let villa walk in and take all our main targets though? We reallly needed to be more active the last month imo to be in position to try and complete these deals

Whoever came up in the play offs out of derby and villa was ALWAYS going to have a bigger budget than us. We should have spend the month we knew we were up trying to finalise deals

Are we just gonna let villa walk in and take all our main targets though? We reallly needed to be more active the last month imo to be in position to try and complete these deals

Whoever came up in the play offs out of derby and villa was ALWAYS going to have a bigger budget than us. We should have spend the month we knew we were up trying to finalise deals

It does look poor how Villa are jumping straight in the day after winning the play offs and getting these deals done, typically for targets of ours, while we've done nothing with our 5 week head start on them.

How do you know we havent been trying to finalise deals

I think Jota is a good player. But does anyone know why he was on the bench a lot for Birmingham?

How do you know we havent been trying to finalise deals

I don’t - I’m saying we clearly haven’t done enough if he’s now down at villa park having a medical.

We have 6 weeks to try and agree a fee.

I don’t even know if we were interested but at least we would have been in a position to offer a contract and see where he wanted to go (IF he was a key target and we’ve been rumoured to be in for him for a while). Birmigham can’t be holding out for the earth if they are willing to sell to their direct rival

I don’t care if villa gazump us on wages - just looks poor that our months head start hasn’t been used effectively

I don’t - I’m saying we clearly haven’t done enough if he’s now down at villa park having a medical.

We have 6 weeks to try and agree a fee.

I don’t even know if we were interested but at least we would have been in a position to offer a contract and see where he wanted to go (IF he was a key target and we’ve been rumoured to be in for him for a while). Birmigham can’t be holding out for the earth if they are willing to sell to their direct rival

I don’t care if villa gazump is on wages - just looks poor that our months head start hasn’t been used effectively
Look above

We aren’t letting Villa do anything, Jota is going to whoever pays him what he wants. We’ve told him he isn’t worth what he wants (circa 50k)

Simple as
Let's be honest though... 50k in the premier League is fuck all in comparison.. if we're not willing to go above say... 30k, that's maybe championship level excluding the top six for the market we're shopping in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom