Good Luck in the Playoffs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lot of love going off ere he's a nice guy that storts I also have a soft spot for spurs proper club like ours

Lads, just wanted to bump this once again (ALTHOUGH PLEASE CHANGE THAT THREAD TITLE NOW) - Fondness remains, been praying for you to get the job and join us back in the Prem, and will continue rooting for you until it is confirmed. Good luck in your final two games - and all being well look forward to returning to Bramall Lane next season!

Lads, just wanted to bump this once again (ALTHOUGH PLEASE CHANGE THAT THREAD TITLE NOW) - Fondness remains, been praying for you to get the job and join us back in the Prem, and will continue rooting for you until it is confirmed. Good luck in your final two games - and all being well look forward to returning to Bramall Lane next season!

i wouldn't bother, we will shit all over thee, but thanks :)

Cheers storts, welcome back.
Hopefully we can finish the job next week against the worst team in the Division, (what could possibly go wrong) :D
Don't think I can take much more of this, it's got to end next week, there'll be about half a million heart attacks in Sheffield if we screw it up and it goes to the last day

PS - Go and win that little European cup thingymagig

Used to stay in Bruce Grove and went to WHL on a few occasions and enjoyed the atmosphere and fans. Like most people we're glad you got to the EC Semis in one of the greatest games ever.

Grew up in Enfield (1985-1999, 2002-2004) lived in Walthamstow (2004-2017) and always preferred Spurs to either Arsenal or West Ham. WHL was a decent old ground, shame it had to get done up.

Used to stay in Bruce Grove and went to WHL on a few occasions and enjoyed the atmosphere and fans. Like most people we're glad you got to the EC Semis in one of the greatest games ever.

Hope you'll enjoy the new stadium as well - it's fantastic. Only just about recovered from last Wednesday, can't believe we pulled it off.

Likewise bud, be nice to christen your new place! Got some Spurs mates, they're a good bunch!

Hope you'll enjoy the new stadium as well - it's fantastic. Only just about recovered from last Wednesday, can't believe we pulled it off.

Had a respect for your club since Bill Nicholson who had his team play with style like our John Harris. It continued with Venables. You've always tried to play the right way.

Also as a keeper, I admired Pat Jennings and was pleased to see he was one of the few keepers afforded a completely respectful applause into the goal at the Kop end whenever he played us.

As a Blade I am expecting us to lose the last two games by 0-5, but if we don't and we do meet again can you sort those weird beer pumps to serve some proper Sheffield Real Ale? I am available as a consultant to Dan Levy as to all things tasty for us Northern monkeys!

Fair play Storts, but you know if we come there next season under Wilder we will give you hell :rolleyes: For now we remain humble, still a job to do, I think we will do it because of our manager who is the best outside of this universe. He turns water into wine and would attack the premiership like he has done since he first arrived.

i have a strange feeling Sours will win the CL
i also had a strange feeling that Leeds wouldn’t beat Wigan or Brentford and that Phillipe Gilbert would win Paris Roubaix
regards mystic pig : D

i have a strange feeling Sours will win the CL
i also had a strange feeling that Leeds wouldn’t beat Wigan or Brentford and that Phillipe Gilbert would win Paris Roubaix
regards mystic pig : D
I had a strange feeling that I’d be walking round the house all weekend with what looks like a tube of Silicone down my pants after this weekends events, it’s turned out to be more than just a feeling, I’m going to have to sleep with my arse touching the ceiling. :eek::oops::cool::D

Watched it in my office, incredible match. Hope you win it.

Had a respect for your club since Bill Nicholson who had his team play with style like our John Harris. It continued with Venables. You've always tried to play the right way.

Also as a keeper, I admired Pat Jennings and was pleased to see he was one of the few keepers afforded a completely respectful applause into the goal at the Kop end whenever he played us.

As a Blade I am expecting us to lose the last two games by 0-5, but if we don't and we do meet again can you sort those weird beer pumps to serve some proper Sheffield Real Ale? I am available as a consultant to Dan Levy as to all things tasty for us Northern monkeys!

My Dad says Jennings was the best 'keeper he ever saw.

Never really cottoned to Spurs, not really through any fault of theirs but because of the constant media love-in (loads of Beeb folk are Spurs fans, for instance). It was particularly bad in the Bale years - you'd watch a match live and see loads of contentious incidents (Bale dives etc) then see the same highlights on MOTD cut to make Spurs look good.

However, when they played in the League Cup Semi a few years ago I got talking to two of their overseas fans, two American lads, and they were some of the soundest fans I've ever spoken to. So I've been a bit more inclined to like them since then. I certainly hope whoever wins their Semi Final wins the Big Cup over Barca or Liverpool...

I may be wrong or guilty of stupidity but your dad can't be faulted with that belief. He was something else. I have a healthy respect for HodgysBrokenThumb thoughts on these things and wonder what his views were?
Jennings really was a top keeper and as said elsewhere, he always got a warm round of applause as he made his way to keep at the kop end.

My Dad says Jennings was the best 'keeper he ever saw.
Your dad was right, feel the same myself and that's after all the excellent keepers at the Lane, many more good than bad in my lifetime. All the other keepers both club and International ones Jennings is the stand out one for me. At his peak his anticipation was unreal making his positioning as near perfect as could be. Born to keep goal, just look at those hands. Temperament second to non with no spectacular saves only when ness.

Back
Top Bottom