Scoring twice in quick succession

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jon Bon II

Here's Jonny!
Reaction score
Have we ever scored two in such quick succession, that the second one went in before the cheers for the first had even died down?

I think of this every time I flush the bog twice in quick succession, where the second flush comes before the cistern has finished filling back up. If you can imagine the roar of the cistern emptying as the roar of the crowd after a goal and the filling back up as the general after glow. Anyway, I'm sure you get the picture. Statto's, it's over to you...

Have we ever scored two in such quick succession, that the second one went in before the cheers for the first had even died down?

I think of this every time I flush the bog twice in quick succession, where the second flush comes before the cistern has finished filling back up. If you can imagine the roar of the cistern emptying as the roar of the crowd after a goal and the filling back up as the general after glow. Anyway, I'm sure you get the picture. Statto's, it's over to you...
Against Huddersfield late 80's at the Lane ? Duffield pen, they gave ball away at kick off and we scored ? Memory maybe playing tricks but I am sure Silent will know

Wasn't long between Kabba equalising and then Brown's Volley against the pigs in January 2003

Same season knocking Crystal Palace out of the cup, 3-1.
Palace equalised and then straight afterwards Peschisolido scored twice. All three goals were in less than 5 mins

EDIT.
Found the Palace highlights. We were still singing "you're not singing anymore", when Peschi scored his 2nd.

Goals were scored as follows:
Asaba (25)
Murphy, O.G. (82)
Peschisolido (86)
Peschisolido (88)

Last edited:
1-0 down against Port Vale in the cup about 10 years ago,think Cresswell and Miller scored in added time,not sure how far apart they were though

Mike Trusson two headers in the dying minutes in the 4-3 win at York in October 1981. Port Vale score with a penalty just before half time, after half time Kenworthy (pen) and Edwards scored in the first 2 mins of 2nd half in February 1982. Did Jeff King score 2 in 2 mins at Crewe and Trusson again at Northampton in same season?

Blake scored twice in 2 mins at home to Portsmouth just after half time in 94/95 season.

I think Tony Wagstaff got 2 in last 2 mins in our 3-2 win at home to Newcastle in 65/66 season

Against Huddersfield late 80's at the Lane ? Duffield pen, they gave ball away at kick off and we scored ? Memory maybe playing tricks but I am sure Silent will know
Preston at home in April 1989. Agana scored our 2nd after their keeper fluffed his goal kick. Then straight from the restart Preston made a mess and Duffield slammed in the loose ball. Preston's manager John McGrath didn't hide his anger in the directors box.

Sheffield United 2 (Jagielka 90+1, Ndlovu 90+3)
Leeds United 1 (Yates OG 23)
League Cup 3rd round, 6 November 2002

Definitely qualifies in my book, not only for the timing of the goals but also the nature of Jagielka's equaliser.

Jags goal still gives me goosebumps!

Definitely qualifies in my book, not only for the timing of the goals but also the nature of Jagielka's equaliser.

Beat me to it.

Boro at home two seasons back, Berge scored in the 23rd minute, Sharp 25th. Felt like they'd barely restarted the game before Norwood won it back and Gibbs-White ran through to set up Sharp.

The evening after my 55th birthday ! What a present !

Didn't keefy boy score two in quick succession v Bournemouth in 80's under porter field, first home match of the season, the season we went up with his battered head at bolton, last game of that seaon, 84, 85 ISH.

Back
Top Bottom