Blades 11 (Boro supporter) humble pie!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If you think being nine points above our rivals who still have 18 points to play for is 'as good as up' you're more of an optimist than me. We'd still need two more wins at least to be certain.

I’m with you on this

I don’t understand how peeps can cream their pants before they’ve even got to the vinegar stroke

One game at a time. Focus on Wigan, hope the other two slip up

Boro and Luton will be thinking exactly the same about us as we move on the Burnley game on Monday

Your promoted almost, 6 points clear with a game in hand (Wigan at home! Which would make it 9) unless you do a Boro-Huddersfield result then 7 left to play, I did say it’s almost a done deal mate. Know doubts under Carrick and Chubs on lightning form we still have an outside chance but remote as it is. We are still optimistic no doubts but also are realistic mate 👍

Boro's chances are slim at best. I think Boro can be commended for keeping us honest, but that run of form was just as much down to the new manager bounce than anything else, you was similar last year under Wilder , and I reckon that you should be more concerned about cementing your place in the Play-Offs as now you've dropped points in a couple of games, keeping on dropping points would be cataclysmic, and teams who go in to the play offs on a poor run of form don't usually go up.

I don't think on our behalf anyone thinks we are already up. The general consensus (especially from the more sensible people on here) is that if we keep turning up and working hard then the results will follow. Its obvious Hecky trusts the team in this regard, and we've got a lot of players who whilst not being the most glamorous names in the Division, know what it takes to get promoted and to do what is necessary to win games of football. That is also why the two blips we've had this season lasted 4-5 games both times, the second of which Boro took advantage off to get close to us, but i fear that Boro shot their muck too early.

There is still 7 or 8 games to go and the team that I think will provide the biggest challenge from now in is Luton Town, they are defensively very tight, disciplined and have the experience and know how to grind games out, and I think out of the teams beneath us, I'd expect the stiffest challenge to come from them, and Millwall will be a very tough fixture in the play offs.

Boro's chances are slim at best. I think Boro can be commended for keeping us honest, but that run of form was just as much down to the new manager bounce than anything else, you was similar last year under Wilder , and I reckon that you should be more concerned about cementing your place in the Play-Offs as now you've dropped points in a couple of games, keeping on dropping points would be cataclysmic, and teams who go in to the play offs on a poor run of form don't usually go up.

I don't think on our behalf anyone thinks we are already up. The general consensus (especially from the more sensible people on here) is that if we keep turning up and working hard then the results will follow. Its obvious Hecky trusts the team in this regard, and we've got a lot of players who whilst not being the most glamorous names in the Division, know what it takes to get promoted and to do what is necessary to win games of football. That is also why the two blips we've had this season lasted 4-5 games both times, the second of which Boro took advantage off to get close to us, but i fear that Boro shot their muck too early.

There is still 7 or 8 games to go and the team that I think will provide the biggest challenge from now in is Luton Town, they are defensively very tight, disciplined and have the experience and know how to grind games out, and I think out of the teams beneath us, I'd expect the stiffest challenge to come from them, and Millwall will be a very tough fixture in the play offs.
there will be a lot of people on this forum who won't want to think it's over because they have spent all season acting like toddlers with a grazed knee every time we've had a setback
Luckily the players have hairy enough balls to compensate for the fannies that support the team and will see the job through like yorkie bar eating alphas

Hello Blades fans.

Just to say that I really did believe that my Boro could overtake you lot for second place at a recent point being so close and our form.

We imploded in the second half against Huddersfield which I thought we’d go on to win 3-0 or 3-1 as we have been doing most games but collapsed under pressure. “probably because we thought the game was won after bossing the 1st half 1-0 up should of been 3“

Also I thought your team would at best get a draw away at Norwich on who are on the fringe of the playoffs being at home & with your up and down form recently.

You have to give credit where it is due and this league is so so hard to get out of you only need to ask a Forest or Leeds fan that had tried for decades.

So congratulations with your well earned promotion, I know it’s not done yet but Boro and Luton fans are now concentrating on making the playoffs. Good luck next season. P.s. I’ve enjoyed the banter with most of you.. apart from the bellend who was emphasising he sat on the top table! 😂🤣
Nah I’m not buying any of that.

Utter utter hogwash the lot of it.

Congratulations on being almost a good post.

Nah I’m not buying any of that.

Utter utter hogwash the lot of it.

Congratulations on being almost a good post.
Entirely up to you what you think mate, it’s just your opinion 🤷‍♂️

how did you type that then , have you got one of those thought processers
Aye
That would be nearly as impressive as those new fangled portable telephonic devices that the hip youth of today utilise - I’m reliably informed they can also produce lewd photographic images - whatever next?:
Wifeys driving motor-cars ? - Insanity of the highest order
A fellow walking on the moon - I believe some chap named Branson is propagating this preposterous notion- highly unlikely in my opinion - he should concentrate on vending phonographic products from his emporium situated at the Southern extremely of The Moor

Last edited:
Just have to concentrate on ourselves.

Win the next three home games against Wigan Athletic, Cardiff City and Bristol City. Anything from Burnley you can bank as a bonus.

That would take us to 82 points.

Boro would need to win all their next 5, including Burnley, Bristol City, Norwich City, Hull City and Luton Town to match us.

We'd then have twice as many matches to get the same points and a better goal difference.

Average placing of teams left to play:

Blades - 14.625
Boro - 10

I know whose position if rather be in.

Our biggest enemy would be complacency and with the way this group went about the Norwich game, I don't see them falling into that trap.

Back
Top Bottom