Good luck Chris

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

John Harris returned as team manager after Arthur Rowley was sacked in August 1969 and we had more great seasons under him

Off the top of my head Mousset, Donaldson, Carter-Vickers, Besic. There's probably more.
Donaldson and Carter-Vickers 🤣

Didn’t play Mousett and didn’t play Besic. Mousett, after his purple patch understandably, but Besic was decent and should have played a lot more, imo.

I think some people seem to have selective amnesia where Wilder is concerned. We were getting dicked every week in the Premier League, he played the same players week in week out and stubbornly refused to change tactics, when the one style of play we had, clearly wasn’t working.

We weren’t getting walloped, 8-0, but if all were bringing him in for is to improve the goals against column, I’d have rather stuck with Hecky.

At least he’d have gone down with the ship 😉

Wonder if he,ll stop Norwood booting the ball to the opposition from kick off...or will it carry on for the next 18 months.

Will it work, won't it work - positives and slight concerns to Chris in reaction video below:

How many good games do we get from Norwood compared to bad? He's 50/50 at best and that's being generous. He was great up until about October last season where, alongside Norrington-Davies, he was arguably our best and most consistent player, then he reverted back to standard Norwood. One game good, the next game you'd ask if he was even on the pitch. Throughout his United career he can be summed up as consistently inconsistent.

Next season I want to see someone in the middle who can influence a game consistently, who you look back every 10 games and say he was good for 7 or 8 of those matches, not 4 or 5 of them like Norwood. He's been here for 6 seasons and has regressed. He can't track back and defend anymore, his deadballs are awful. He rarely contributes a goal or assist and his one skill, the ping, doesn't work anymore.

It's a huge no for me. Like Egan and McBurnie he's massively over rated as far as I'm concerned. I'd put a 38 year old Stuart McCall and 38 year old Gary Speed ahead of Norwood in terms of who's been a more influential and better central midfielder for the Blades.
He was in team of the week almost every other week in those months I’ve mentioned.

Just saying he did more than his fair share last year. Others are struggling just as much if not more.

But seems he’s an easy scapegoat.

Wonder if he,ll stop Norwood booting the ball to the opposition from kick off...or will it carry on for the next 18 months.
We are working on a new tactic of three passes back to Wes and he boots it up to the opposition instead.

If it is Wilder then that probably means new deals for half these turds that he signed instead of a clear out next summer. Hooray for more rudderless Norwood. Hooray for more McBurnie, the £17mil thug fraud with an abysmal goal scoring record.
Really. I didn't see any sentiment like that. Wright, Leon Lafferty, freeman and Duffy all let go when he thought their time was up.

Was told tonight Wilder won’t be announced until after Liverpool

He was in team of the week almost every other week in those months I’ve mentioned.

Just saying he did more than his fair share last year. Others are struggling just as much if not more.

But seems he’s an easy scapegoat.
He's been a terrific signing. He's a scapegoat cause he's brave.

Playing well or playing shit he's looking for the ball and trying to get us going. He's got limitations which is why top championship is the limit of his level, but he's been a fantastic player for us at that level

Possibly won’t be announced at all. Talks possibly not going well on terms of future severance terms imposed by either party. Wouldn’t surprise me if both Wilder and PA ultimately didn’t fancy it and walked away.

You gotta remember there’s a lot of history of distrust to iron out in a contract.

Norwood was our best midfielder from August to Jan/Feb.

He, like others, might be struggling under the overall malaise but he would still be useful when we likely go down.
I can see the logic there, but when are we finally going to release the old guard midfield of Norwood and Fleck. As great as they were in the Wilder glory years, surely we have to build something for the next few seasons. Even if the Championship takes us 2 years to get out of with a brand new younger midfield.

There's something very Quantum Leap about this: "His only guide on this journey is Al (an Knill). And so Chris Wilder finds himself striving to put right what once went wrong!

At least you've got the leap home Chris!

Welcome back I say.
Oh boy!

I am relieved that PH has, allegedly, gone. I wish CW the best and I hope we improve. What I can’t understand is all the negativity to CW. No one seems to be suggesting any sensible alternative on here , that we could afford. So with that in mind, if it is CW let us all support him surely. We are all Blades and we want it to improve. UTB

Sunderland just sacked Tony Mowbray, maybe Chris fancies that move again instead like a few year ago 😂

Fuck off Back Door Wilder, robbed SUFC blind and comes back for more. More of Fleck, Norwood and the rest of the past it shite. More 352, it will take more than a crate of Peroni to sort these wankers out. Plan B err he never had one.

A huge step backwards if this busted flush is re employed. Prince out.

Do shut up. Boring boring boring.

Let's face it, we are hardly in a position where we are an attractive club for potential managers, players or prospective owners. I am not sure Wilder will succeed but he gave us a great 4 years and hopefully he can at least lift the mood. Our management of players contracts has been terrible and I can see a massive clear out in the summer when so many are out of contract. I don't like the hateful comments about Fleck and Norwood etc . They are not good enough at this level now but they were both integral to that success we enjoyed. They were offered a contract and you can't blame them for staying. Hecky had to have some experience in the team. We may have to accept the inevitability of relegation but let's go with a fight. Perhaps with some of the youngsters like Osula, Marsh, Arblaster, Brooks etc we will some young blood capable of forming a nucleus of a new Blades first team next year. In all of this we shouldn't overlook the really bad hand Hecky has been dealt by the Board. It is part of the club's DNA to self implode after a few years of relative success. I have seen 64 years of it!

Wilder is a cowardly little buck passing cunt. Hope he gets hit by a train first thing tomorrow, I that's what it takes to keep him away from MY club.

How many good games do we get from Norwood compared to bad? He's 50/50 at best and that's being generous. He was great up until about October last season where, alongside Norrington-Davies, he was arguably our best and most consistent player, then he reverted back to standard Norwood. One game good, the next game you'd ask if he was even on the pitch. Throughout his United career he can be summed up as consistently inconsistent.

Next season I want to see someone in the middle who can influence a game consistently, who you look back every 10 games and say he was good for 7 or 8 of those matches, not 4 or 5 of them like Norwood. He's been here for 6 seasons and has regressed. He can't track back and defend anymore, his deadballs are awful. He rarely contributes a goal or assist and his one skill, the ping, doesn't work anymore.

It's a huge no for me. Like Egan and McBurnie he's massively over rated as far as I'm concerned. I'd put a 38 year old Stuart McCall and 38 year old Gary Speed ahead of Norwood in terms of who's been a more influential and better central midfielder for the Blades.

Totally agree on Norwood.

I am relieved that PH has, allegedly, gone. I wish CW the best and I hope we improve. What I can’t understand is all the negativity to CW. No one seems to be suggesting any sensible alternative on here , that we could afford. So with that in mind, if it is CW let us all support him surely. We are all Blades and we want it to improve. UTB
I think if he does come, most people will get behind him, or the team at any rate. He will have to prove himself and hopefully make some comment about the past.
The reason for the negativity is because of how he was at the time he left. We were in the same position as we are now and going nowhere. He lashes out at everybody except himself. Will he be any better than we've got? I agree options are limited, doesn't mean he's the right choice over anybody else.

I think it says a lot about the limited aspirations of our club and many of our fans that people are asking who we could realistically get who’s better than Wilder. Any other forward-looking club would take a gamble on someone untried but with potential, as let’s be honest, it’s a free hit. Not us, though. We look back to a mardy, stubborn megalomaniac who muckied his ticket last time he was here and left in circumstances that for many overshadowed all the wonderful things he’d done.

That said, I think knowsnowt is being a bit harsh saying he hopes Wilder gets hit by a train.

All this talk about whoever is coming in and yet we have no choice in the matter, we'll still turn up whatever manager is in place, what matters is getting the club back on an even keel and rebuilding, lets hope the new man does that

Back
Top Bottom