Good luck Chris

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If it is Wilder then we deserve all the shit that is coming to us.
He could well be enjoying his next pay-off by the New Year given his recent record and his history of blaming everyone but himself.
What a dreadful day for Sheffield United. A huge step backwards and proof, it ever it were needed, that we never learn.
utb
Got to say as someone that has followed Wilder since his days with my club Halifax; this seems a strange appointment. Given his ending the last time, and as you say, his recent jobs, he looks to have gone backwards rather than be better than he claims he is as a manager these days. In fact I was beginning to wonder where his next gig would be given he has not exactly set the World on fire since his 1st Prem season with you guys. I had thought he would be lucky to get a lower Championship offer.

In saying that, as a temporary appointment to see if you can get the 'bounce' then maybe it has merit. If it fails you are no worse off, and if it works then great. It gives time to find a longer term appointment and if by some miracle Wilder has learnt some new tricks and you survive or even go down fighting, then he gets more time. Take away the fact he is a Blade (and that didn't help last time, at least at the end), then there had to be better choices out there.

Norwood was our best midfielder from August to Jan/Feb.

He, like others, might be struggling under the overall malaise but he would still be useful when we likely go down.
His age is letting him down 33 in April we need a younger athletic player in his spot.
Look how the team dropping points last season with Norwood from a 12 point lead picked up Doyle and ran to the finish line.

Back
Top Bottom