Scoring twice in quick succession

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Did we score two late goals close together at Notts County in the Cup when Bruce was manager?

I was there and remember loads leaving then trying to get back in.

Struggling to remember the goals but remember Bruce going mental at the player on the post (Quinn maybe).

Did we score two late goals close together at Notts County in the Cup when Bruce was manager?

Struggling to remember the goals but remember Bruce going mental at the player on the post (Quinn maybe).

You've just reminded me of this.

Thought it was against Notts County but it was at MK Dons.

Screenshot_20240215-192216.png

We went 3-1 down with about 5 mins to go. A group of blades left and we pulled one back two minutes later.
As they ran into the nearest stand to see what happened, we scored again to make it 3-3, they started celebrating in the county end and it all kicked off!

Is that a young Webding in the crowd celebrating Liddell’s first?

I’m afraid so. My dad’s cousin was a BBC producer and was doing this match so I reckon he gad something to do with this unfortunate footage

I have a recollection that we scored goals in quick succession v Huddersfield Town - a 5-1 home win in Division 3. It was 11 March 1989 but I can’t remember the scorers or goal times. But I think it was a fairly boring game then a lot of goals then it went back to fairly boring! Anybody able to fill in the details? My memory isn’t what it was..

IMG_3415.jpeg

Remember this one well. Still celebrating the 2nd when the 3rd went in. Couple of my mates missed both after going for a pint on 40 mins.

I have a recollection that we scored goals in quick succession v Huddersfield Town - a 5-1 home win in Division 3. It was 11 March 1989 but I can’t remember the scorers or goal times. But I think it was a fairly boring game then a lot of goals then it went back to fairly boring! Anybody able to fill in the details? My memory isn’t what it was..
Duffield pen 44
Duffield 46
Marsden (Hudds) 55
May own goal 75
Bryson 83
Deane 89

A notable game as Huddersfield dominated possession and laid seige in the second half before the og. They also missed a penalty at 0-0

Shocked this hasn't come up. Jock twice in a minute basically

I was only 11. My main memory of the game was the Andy Gray OG about 10 mins before Bryson's 2

Wasn't long between Kabba equalising and then Brown's Volley against the pigs in January 2003

Same season knocking Crystal Palace out of the cup, 3-1.
Palace equalised and then straight afterwards Peschisolido scored twice. All three goals were in less than 5 mins

EDIT.
Found the Palace highlights. We were still singing "you're not singing anymore", when Peschi scored his 2nd.

Goals were scored as follows:
Asaba (25)
Murphy, O.G. (82)
Peschisolido (86)
Peschisolido (88)

Have we ever scored a more offside goal than that 2nd?

Remember it working in reverse once at Walsall in the 80's.

3-3 in the last seconds of the game, United scored to make it 3-4, me and my mate jumped up on the fence separating us from the Walsall fans to celebrate, we lost our balance and fell into the Walsall end.
By the time we'd hit the floor Walsall had equalised and we got absolutely stamped to bits by a 1000 celebrating Walsall fans who were more than happy to stick the boot in as well as take the piss.

I learned quite early on in my life, never celebrate too much when United score, and never ever ever assume United have just scored the winner.

Duffield pen 44
Duffield 46
Marsden (Hudds) 55
May own goal 75
Bryson 83
Deane 89

A notable game as Huddersfield dominated possession and laid seige in the second half before the og. They also missed a penalty at 0-0
Oops - not the game I was thinking of…my recollection was the goals were scored in very quick succession…I think Revolution has the same game in mind. Utd 4 - Torquay 1 in 1982 with 4 goals in 6 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom