Good luck Chris

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Norwood was our best midfielder from August to Jan/Feb.

He, like others, might be struggling under the overall malaise but he would still be useful when we likely go down.
How many good games do we get from Norwood compared to bad? He's 50/50 at best and that's being generous. He was great up until about October last season where, alongside Norrington-Davies, he was arguably our best and most consistent player, then he reverted back to standard Norwood. One game good, the next game you'd ask if he was even on the pitch. Throughout his United career he can be summed up as consistently inconsistent.

Next season I want to see someone in the middle who can influence a game consistently, who you look back every 10 games and say he was good for 7 or 8 of those matches, not 4 or 5 of them like Norwood. He's been here for 6 seasons and has regressed. He can't track back and defend anymore, his deadballs are awful. He rarely contributes a goal or assist and his one skill, the ping, doesn't work anymore.

It's a huge no for me. Like Egan and McBurnie he's massively over rated as far as I'm concerned. I'd put a 38 year old Stuart McCall and 38 year old Gary Speed ahead of Norwood in terms of who's been a more influential and better central midfielder for the Blades.

Sky reporting Hecky and McCall have left training ground and Wilder in talks. F*** 🤬

Cant believe any fecker sees Wilder limping back into post after failing 3 clubs as a way to move the club forward. At least Warnock kept succeeding short term with saving clubs from religation and winning promotions

Last edited:
If it is Wilder, it’ll end in tears, I don't even see how we’re even putting a team out against Liverpool.

He doesn’t like them there foreigners and won’t ever play the youth. (Excepting David Brookes)

What a typical penny pinching appointment by HRH, which I think will ultimately hit him in the wallet, Wilders stock couldn’t be any lower, he wouldnt touch us if it wasn’t.

At this rate HRH will be lucky to get his quid back!

Jobs fucked 🤷🏻‍♂️

Wilder signed and played several foreigners. Where on earth has that come from?

With respect you can be as tactically astute with players that give a shit watch goals one and ,Two from Saturday players dangling a leg here and there and how can anyone explain Luke Thomas looked like me on a Sunday after 8 pints sat night. Utter dog shit
I agree, watching players who go through the motions is infuriating. Players are meant to have pride in their performance, but we've several who seem not to care. When Thomas first came into the side he looked a good addition, now he seems lost as if he wasn't intended for professional football.

Motivating a player, any player, is integral to team performance. Without it you might as well remain in the dressing room'

Can someone explain to me what the pros are for getting Wilder in besides referencing his last tenure?

I’m not being sarcastic, I just genuinely don’t see why he’s a good choice. We all remember how great the promotions and the first prem season were. But does anyone seriously think there’s a chance he can recreate that?

It just seems the argument is he was the best manager we ever had. But that ignores that this is a completely different context. People who are very pro-Wilder also just seem to dismiss his last season in charge and totally ignore his time at Watford and Boro.

Also people keep saying he knows the squad. Does he? This squad is significantly different and a lot of the key players from his time aren’t the same players anymore.
1. He'll be cheap
2. His track record last time was 80% good
3. In 66 PL games under him we never lost by more than 3 and that only 4 times. So hopefully humiliating thrashings will end.

Get the players looking like they give a shit this season. Rebuild and get us competitive in the Champ next season. Not expecting miracles, do that and I'm happy.

I'm excited he's back, was gutted he left in the first place. We still have never heard his side in regard to all the ins and outs of why he left. I think he is a good fit for us, it could've been a lot worse and i think it could prove to be a great appointment. Presumably the Prince and Wilder have sorted out differences and a strategy for going forward. I look forward to hearing the he's one of our own chant sung loudly and those that don't want him back, I bet they'll be joining in if he does well.

I stuck my neck out when we appointed Danny Wilson that I thought it was a good appointment and weeks later the whole kop was singing There's only one Danny Wilson!

It will be interesting to see what CW makes of the current squad.
I can see him fucking Thomas off for being nesh and not up for the fight.
For some reason I think he might fuck Anel off too - just a hunch.
I reckon Slimane will benefit and get a run of games, and actually turn out to be quite good.
McAtee could go either way.
I'm not sure Osula will be trusted, so it's Archer and Oli up front when fit / available.
Norwood first name on CW's team sheet!
All the above is based on nowt 🤣

Can someone explain to me what the pros are for getting Wilder in besides referencing his last tenure?

I’m not being sarcastic, I just genuinely don’t see why he’s a good choice. We all remember how great the promotions and the first prem season were. But does anyone seriously think there’s a chance he can recreate that?

It just seems the argument is he was the best manager we ever had. But that ignores that this is a completely different context. People who are very pro-Wilder also just seem to dismiss his last season in charge and totally ignore his time at Watford and Boro.

Also people keep saying he knows the squad. Does he? This squad is significantly different and a lot of the key players from his time aren’t the same players anymore.

Pretty simple to explain.

Also I'm not exactly pro Wilder and would have preferred someone else, also I really like Hecky as a person and wanted him to succeed.
In fact before the season started I expected to go down and didn't see a problem keeping Hecky so he has a chance in the Championship.

Before making a decision on an appointment it's not as simple as appointing "the best".
What you do first is agree a job spec, what exactly are you looking for, once you have a criteria then you can make better decisions.

So here's the criteria in choosing a new manager.

1: The main one is due to limited finances the new man would need to be cheap and happy to accept a short contract.
Now this is the main issue because it instantly rules out 95% of managers, the remaining are going to generally be crap and/ or desperate.

2: Ideally someone older with experience who is media savvy and not overawed by the Premier League.
Again this rules out loads of potential managers.

3: Someone who can hit the ground running, who knows the club, some of the players, the fanbase expectation etc.

4: Normally a manager appointment is based on the long term however this is very different, the club is up for sale, so naturally the Prince isn't bothered about the long term, that for the new owner to decide, our focus is on the short term. So no manager with ambition will take a poisoned chalice where relegation is almost gauraneed and there's not even much of a payoff when you're sacked.

Then what you do is brain storm and pick a list of possible options, mainly out of work managers.

The list of potential managers would be shockingly low, Wilder would be easily the best fit based the job spec.
Also the factor with Wilder is that he will be incredibly motivated more than any other manager, this is his last chance saloon, last chance in the big time, his chance of redemption, failure almost ends his career. He has been given almost an impossible job but we've seen Wilder is capable of miracles, so he's genuinely think he has a chance, this optimism will transfer over to the players,

Wilder is a terrible loser, no matter who the opposition is, he will demand 100% effort otherwise you're out.
The players will be in for a culture shock, sink or swim and that's what's needed in the short term.

The only other alternative was to stick with Hecky but we're becoming so bad that it's pretty incredible, under Hecky we're performing like a league 1 or league 2 team, can't string 3 passes together, have no style of play, no tactics to try and score, no effort, the players look lost.

With Hecky we have no hope, before the match has started, everyone accepts we've already lost, there's no nerves or pressure
where as with Wilder, still confident we'll be relegated but we now have hope.
Performances like Man Utd 1st half and Wolves 2nd half will become the norm every match, thats will be the minimum under Wilder.

There's something very Quantum Leap about this: "His only guide on this journey is Al (an Knill). And so Chris Wilder finds himself striving to put right what once went wrong!

At least you've got the leap home Chris!

Welcome back I say.

Yes Judas could do with some devine intervention .... if it happens?!

Hopefully he's learned from last time, drops the favouritism for instance playing an uninterested Lundstram every game. Norwood and Fleck should not be starting in a Prem midfield. We don't have the players to play 5 at the back. There should be a 'bounce' but if there isn't how will CW react? There are question marks over his temperament. This has a sticking plaster feel. Hecky was too soft with the players, hopefully that changes.
100%

Agree I meant to write we don't have the players to play five at the back. It'll be interesting to see his first line up. I'm not expecting anything from the Liverpool game but Brentford on Saturday will tell us more.
Not too sure if we have any players that can play at the back at the moment 🤔

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom