CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale returns to the Lane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not sure why we are willing to pay so much money for a keeper who has only 76 senior appearances to his name %50 of which are at league one (Wimbledon who finished 20th) and League two (Chesterfield who finished 24th) Level. Fucking crazy, there are much better options abroad.

Out of the 2, ramsdale and cakir, I haven't seen cakir apart from videos (nobody looks bad in a video) ramsdale was exposed a lot by a very pourous Bournemouth defence/team, (how ake has gone for £40m is beyond me) ramsdale knows the league and club, goalkeepers need to communicate would this be a problem with cakir? Anyone know if he speaks English? It's hard enough having bash, Egan and o'connell in defence for a English keeper 😂

Out of the 2, ramsdale and cakir, I haven't seen cakir apart from videos (nobody looks bad in a video) ramsdale was exposed a lot by a very pourous Bournemouth defence/team, (how ake has gone for £40m is beyond me) ramsdale knows the league and club, goalkeepers need to communicate would this be a problem with cakir? Anyone know if he speaks English? It's hard enough having bash, Egan and o'connell in defence for a English keeper 😂

I know the club and speak English and I’d cost a lot less than 12 million.

A bit more from SSN

19:05

BLADES' RAMSDALE BID REJECTED
Bournemouth
have rejected a bid in excess of £12m from Sheffield United for goalkeeper and Player of the Year Aaron Ramsdale.
The former England U21 international joined Bournemouth from the Blades three years ago for £1m and was the club’s stand-out performer despite their relegation to the Championship.
The news suggests that England keeper Dean Henderson’s stay in South Yorkshire is at an end after two successful loan spells at Bramall Lane.
Henderson is presently in negotiations over a new contract at Old Trafford but was expected to re-join Chris Wilder’s side in time for the new season.
Bournemouth believe Ramsdale is at a similar stage in his career to Jordan Pickford when he joined Everton in 2017 for an initial £25m.
Meanwhile tonight’s developments will spark a frenzy of activity from clubs keen to take Henderson on loan.

18:54

BREAKING NEWS
Bournemouth reject bid in excess of £12million from Sheffield United for goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale.
Anyone know what the sell on clause would be ?
Bournemouth fans say it will be between £15-20m

Player of the year at Bounemouth ahead of Ake/Wilson/King etc. No mean feat that, granted he more shots to save than any other keeper.

I need to watch a video first on you tube to make my mind up on whether the £12m is a good fee! 😄

Not sure why we are willing to pay so much money for a keeper who has only 76 senior appearances to his name %50 of which are at league one (Wimbledon who finished 20th) and League two (Chesterfield who finished 24th) Level. Fucking crazy, there are much better options abroad.
Because he’s young and English and is a proven quality premier league goalkeeper based on last season

Two things spring to mind from todays rejected bid:

1 Presumably that means Henderson not coming back.
2 If we're willing to spend £12m on a keeper then as others have said out budget may be bigger than we first thought. That's not to say a keeper isn't an important position but I we know Wilder will want a striker as a priority, but maybe we'll save some money by signing Brewster on loan.

Not sure why there is so much negativity around this offer and Ramsdale in general. He was always highly rated when at the Lane and he has looked a quality keeper when I have seen him for Bournemouth or England u21's.

Yes he has a mistake in him but so has Deano. The fact that he has been Bournemouths player of the year in his breakthrough season shows that he has the ability. With his age he could be our no1 for a very long timr.

It's a yes from me (I'm sure CW/AK will be relieved)

Everyone saying ramsdale isn’t good enough who exactly do they expect to sign ?

It’s not even about how good he is, it’s about how much Bournemouth are going to want us to pay. They’ve just sold Nathan Ake for 40 million, they will have our pants down for Ramsdale.

Its going to be tough with the keeper, and its shit that we have to blow a big part of our budget on a player that's almost guaranteed to be a level down on what we have already got.

But at least Ramsdale is tried and tested in the Prem.

It’s not even about how good he is, it’s about how much Bournemouth are going to want us to pay. They’ve just sold Nathan Ake for 40 million, they will have our pants down for Ramsdale.

Id go for Neil etheridge but I think ramsdale would be a good signing
If we could get ramsdale for less than 20mill it would be a bargain compared to other similar English goalkeepers

Back
Top Bottom